Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Let's talk about the Jaguar I-Pace

Closed Thread

02-06-2019, 05:04 PM   #1
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Let's talk about the Jaguar I-Pace

BTW, a coworker gave us a ride on his spanking new i-Pace, the interior is so much nicer than Model 3(and S/X too). The rear is a bit tight for 3 adults, but the ride was quiet and confident. Anyone considering Tesla should check out i-Pace too.
Appreciate 1
530iDriver1707.50
      02-06-2019, 05:31 PM   #2
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
BTW, a coworker gave us a ride on his spanking new i-Pace, the interior is so much nicer than Model 3(and S/X too). The rear is a bit tight for 3 adults, but the ride was quiet and confident. Anyone considering Tesla should check out i-Pace too.
Do you have $30K to give to everyone who follows your advice?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 06:23 PM   #3
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Does checking out i-Pace cost $30k?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 06:36 PM   #4
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Quote:
Does checking out i-Pace cost $30k?
Amazing.... The Cult of Tesla at its finest!

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 10:59 PM   #5
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Amazing.... The Cult of Tesla at its finest!
Knowing the difference between $50K and $80K and shopping for what you can afford and not what people on random forums tell you is now a cult behavior?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 12:10 AM   #6
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Knowing the difference between $50K and $80K and shopping for what you can afford and not what people on random forums tell you is now a cult behavior?
Your post shows a bias in your thought process, hence your interpretation of post#250 did not pick up the key phrases highlighted below.

Quote:
That by itself is the cult behavior of many Tesla owners towards non-Tesla owners, and other Tesla owners who complain.

Without eliminating that bias(which singularly focus on your experience and yours alone), any genuine discussion of the topic at hand often turns ad hominem.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 12:18 AM   #7
openwheelracing
Captain
Rep
Drives: 5 different 3 Series

Speaking of cult behavior. We BMW enthusiasts have very rosey glasses. I have been here long enough to see who is a sheep, who is knowledgeable, who is envious, and who just plain hates Elon Musk.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 12:24 AM   #8
openwheelracing
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Maybe we.ought to check out an Audi Q7 before buying a G20, cause you know, the Q7 is so nice inside....

Anyway, jokes aside, Tesla invited me for a extended test drive and will bring the car to my door. I will have some proper seat time. Hopefully my next purchase will go smoother than the first time.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 12:26 AM   #9
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelracing View Post
Speaking of cult behavior. We BMW enthusiasts have very rosey glasses. I have been here long enough to see who is a sheep, who is knowledgeable, who is envious, and who just plain hates Elon Musk.
As a TSLA owner since IPO and being labeled a cult follower since day one, it is quite obvious to me who are the sheep that pretend to be knowledgeable of Tesla products.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 12:35 AM   #10
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelracing View Post
WTF are you smoking? I had great experiences taking delivery at the Welt three times. Tesla, not so much. I accept Model 3 as a great car, far superior to the F3X series. If that makes me bias,.so be it, I rather be bias. You, on the other hand, is smoking something really good.
Please pay attention to what others wrote instead of channeling your anger any chance you get.

Just getting inventory readily available is a giant step for Tesla, that's all that is said.

Focus on the subject matter, instead of attacking anyone who does not match exactly your own experience. E.g. factory deliveries of friend's Model 3 were great, no paint issue, no alignment issue, same day, what's not to love?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 12:45 AM   #11
openwheelracing
Captain
Rep

Don't worry, the cult will make sure to check out Landover Sport before buying G20, cause it's so nice inside.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 01:38 AM   #12
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

A clear-headed enthusiast would read the following post as suggesting those interested in Tesla Model 3, S, X to check out the i-Pace.

Some not-so-clear-headed Model 3 owners somehow read this as singularly forcing a comparison of Model 3 and i-Pace.

Obviously other clear-headed Model 3 owners do not behave that way, but probably dare not speak up, as Tesla cult members will rip them apart as well.

Quote:
Appreciate 4
ted99242.00
BarryB864.50
530iDriver1707.50
Closed Thread