Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals G20 3 Series vs G30 5 Series side by side

02-12-2019, 04:21 PM   #155
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440xiGCMSport2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobUSC View Post
Quote:
Do you work for BMW???

Are you on the design team of the latest monstrosities to come out of Munich?

I'll simplify for you

BMWs used to be a step above in many categories that car enthusiasts cared about.

Now they make mommy mobile SUVs, grandpa sedans, and Lexus's that look like shit.
So does every other brand, including sport brands like Porsche, Lamborghini, and Ferrari. It's a business. Adapt, or die.

Quote:
If they didn't have ///M I and many others would be gone. Even that's barely holding on with ///M sport garbage
Where are you gonna go?

Base, M Sport, M Performance, M
Base, AMG Line, AMG "Lite", AMG
Base, S-Line, S, RS

Look familiar? It's everyone. Hell, even Lexus has base, F Sport, and F models now. Lexus, for crying out loud. Car manufacturers adapted. If you can't accept it, then please, by all means, follow through on your threat to leave for another brand that does exactly the same things BMW does, go clog up their forums with non-stop whining that the cars from yesteryear you have nostalgia-tainted, rose colored memories of are so much better than the ones today.
Essentially there's two guys defending BMW to the death.

Idk who shills for a corporation blindly. Bottom line is F series mostly suck, BMW wants to sell as many cars as possible and that means Lexus style has made its way into BMWs philosophy on design and dynamics's.

Mass market customers want to know why their $130k M5 is bumpy and the engine is loud so BMW gave them smooth spacious quiet cruisers.

This isn't even a debate. Idk why these two guys are upset nobody will pretend this didn't true and praise BMW for making cars they aren't.
This ^

As I said earlier. BMW, which is following the other German brands, is catering to mommies and grandpas.

Sure it sells cars. Shitty ones.
One day you will also be a daddy or mami driving a shitty car. At least make it a BMW, please.
I already am. I have a 3 month old that we are taking on European Delivery for another ///M4 this May.

Zero need to drive shitty cars because of kids. Just saying.
Agreed man!

My boys grew up while riding in the back of R53 MINI Cooper S hatchbacks.

No SUVs or Minivans for me.
Nice! My wife is trying hard core for an SUV right now to replace her 340. I'm fighting the good fight. I don't get Americans infatuation with SUVs (trucks). They drive like shit and there really isn't much more room in them (headrooms about it) when comparing a wagon or sedan. The 3rd row SUVs have more room but an X1, X3, Q3, etc etc..... have zero extra space in comparison to a sedan in its class. People think there more safe blah blah. It's stupid. If anything they're less safe as the braking and steering are worse.
Totally agree. If you are going to get an SuV than it has to be something large like a three row Honda Pilot. It holds a tonne of stuff and can sit 7-8 people. I mainly use it for skiing and summer biking trips. I can carry all the stuff inside the Suv. Otherwise I buy a car or wagon. Vans are great but no good AWD vans really.
Yup. My buddies wife could have gotten any car she wanted but had to have the Honda Pilot. Loves it. My wife and I are big skiers/snowboarders so that is a consideration when getting her next car. I get the sporty car and she gets the AWD "utilitarian" ride. I like this arrangement and she likes having an ///M car in the stable.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 04:23 PM   #156
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Do you work for BMW???

I'll simplify for you

BMWs used to be a step above in many categories that car enthusiasts cared about.

Now they make mommy mobile SUVs, grandpa sedans, and Lexus's that look like shit.
So does every other brand, including sport brands like Porsche, Lamborghini, and Ferrari. It's a business. Adapt, or die.

Quote:
If they didn't have ///M I and many others would be gone. Even that's barely holding on with ///M sport garbage
Where are you gonna go?

Base, S-Line, S, RS

Look familiar? It's everyone. Hell, even Lexus has base, F Sport, and F models now. Lexus, for crying out loud. Car manufacturers adapted. If you can't accept it, then please, by all means, follow through on your threat to leave for another brand that does exactly the same things BMW does, go clog up their forums with non-stop whining that the cars from yesteryear you have nostalgia-tainted, rose colored memories of are so much better than the ones today.

Idk who shills for a corporation blindly. Bottom line is F series mostly suck, BMW wants to sell as many cars as possible and that means Lexus style has made its way into BMWs philosophy on design and dynamics's.

Mass market customers want to know why their $130k M5 is bumpy and the engine is loud so BMW gave them smooth spacious quiet cruisers.

This isn't even a debate. Idk why these two guys are upset nobody will pretend this didn't true and praise BMW for making cars they aren't.
This ^

As I said earlier. BMW, which is following the other German brands, is catering to mommies and grandpas.

One day you will also be a daddy or mami driving a shitty car. At least make it a BMW, please.
I already am. I have a 3 month old that we are taking on European Delivery for another ///M4 this May.

Agreed man!

Nice! My wife is trying hard core for an SUV right now to replace her 340. I'm fighting the good fight. I don't get Americans infatuation with SUVs (trucks). They drive like shit and there really isn't much more room in them (headrooms about it) when comparing a wagon or sedan. The 3rd row SUVs have more room but an X1, X3, Q3, etc etc..... have zero extra space in comparison to a sedan in its class. People think there more safe blah blah. It's stupid. If anything they're less safe as the braking and steering are worse.
I mean if worse come to worse, test drive a X3 M40i.
Ya. She likes the X3. She would probably love the X3M. God help me.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 04:37 PM   #157
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Do you work for BMW???

I'll simplify for you

Quote:
Where are you gonna go?

Base, S-Line, S, RS

This ^

Agreed man!

Ya. She likes the X3. She would probably love the X3M. God help me.
Just tell her a new M5 Competition is a X3 with lowered suspension

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2019, 02:40 PM   #158
Cortexiphan
Major
Rep
Drives: 24' BMW iX

Quote:
Just putting it out there; I drove one; I would say in comparison Audi and Merc feel like a big floaty box. X3 is so much better. It definitely feels like a car with good dynamics. It even feels better to drive than Audi A4, because it doesn't have that front-heavy / torque steer feel. It feels like a RWD! I didn't drive the Macan though, and I'd guess that's the real competition.
21’ G20 ///M340i

24' i20 iX xDrive50
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 04:24 PM   #159
Amanda_BMW22
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
Not so impressive without M Sport 😊
Agreed. Only like it in msport. Looks more sporty and aggressive.
      02-13-2019, 04:28 PM   #160
praxis218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
Just putting it out there; I drove one; I would say in comparison Audi and Merc feel like a big floaty box. X3 is so much better. It definitely feels like a car with good dynamics. It even feels better to drive than Audi A4, because it doesn't have that front-heavy / torque steer feel. It feels like a RWD! I didn't drive the Macan though, and I'd guess that's the real competition.
How does it feel in comparison to a 3-series?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 04:34 PM   #161
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by praxis218 View Post
Quote:
To a current F30 3 Series? The X3 is more of a Driver's car, no question. To a G20? We shall see...

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 1
hans007604.50
      02-13-2019, 04:36 PM   #162
praxis218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 DCT

Quote:
To a current F30 3 Series? The X3 is more of a Driver's car, no question. To a G20? We shall see...
I guess how "small" the car feels and how floaty it feels. To me the 3-series is the perfect size.

The last time I drove a "SUV" was a Ford Escape rental car back like 12 years ago

I think my cross-shopping list for end of this year: M340i, F82 M4, X3/4 M40i (?).
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 06:50 PM   #163
440xiGCMSport2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EB440xiGC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
lol you think the X3 is more a driver's car than a f30 3 series? Abyonevwant to lend me a 3er to race this guy around a track?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 01:26 PM   #164
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

Quote:
people who pine for the e60 and the bangle butt are nuts. still ugly as shit in my opinion of course. especially on the 7series.
Agree. E90 and E60 were the WORST designs by BMW. And the interiors were even worse. I loathe the E60 design, even in M form. No thanks.

Think they are doing the right thing on the G20 for sure. For those commenting on the entry level being uninspiring, truthfully, that has always been the case, even all the way back to E36. Entry models have always left a bit to be desired on the styling front.
      02-14-2019, 09:40 PM   #165
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
lol you think the X3 is more a driver's car than a f30 3 series? Abyonevwant to lend me a 3er to race this guy around a track?
The X3 May surprise a F30s out in the road...

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 10:00 PM   #166
440xiGCMSport2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EB440xiGC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The X3 May surprise a F30s out in the road...
nope center of gravity too high compared to the 3er. weight? straight away maybe but you said drivers car.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 12:27 PM   #167
Eddien123
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335 6MT

Doesn't even look a like bmw compared to the 5er.

And I'm sorry but the non msport front end is bad... like worse than f30 non msport bad.

Really gonna be interesting to see how looks with the M treatment.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 06:56 PM   #168
dr_frankfurter
non-essential
Rep
Drives: '21 330i

Quote:
I had an F30 330i for about a year, got a 330i GT after that got totaled, and now have a G20 330i. The difference between the F and G is truly a step up. The F30 felt uninspired and didn't do anything all too well... the G20 in my eyes is better in every category. It definitely looks better inside out, drives much better, feels more confident, and the fit and finish with the modern tech definitely makes it feel more like its price would suggest. Hell, our GT has the interior space of a 5 series, if not more, and I'd still pick that over a new 5er any day. I can't think of any reason to take a 530i over a 330i in this current generation, unless you just want something slightly larger and more executive.
Appreciate 1
A6bullet336.00