BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Body Dinks

04-12-2024, 02:01 AM   #1
Arthur55
Private
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport touring

Body Dinks

Just thought I share my experience.......

If you live in the Bristol, Bath and Somerset area, and suffer a bodywork dent, its worth getting pointless dent repair done bg a loca company. Obviously dependant on the amount of damage.

I suffered a dent after thoughtless door opening by the driver next to me.

My local BMW dealer uses a company called Dinks and Dents who only work with dealerships, BMW, Mini, Audio etc.

The repair is brilliant, no sign of anything being done, best of all it was half the cost of one of the companies that visit your home.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 12:46 PM   #2
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

I've tried to keep my '21 plate 330e as good as new, and for the last three years I've succeeded... until some moron 1series owner at work today decided to force their car onto a narrow grass verge between mine and a fence, kindly whacking my rear door trying to squeeze out of their car.

It's a small ish dent, but when the light catches it it's pretty noticeable and going to p me off everytime I see it.

I'm in two minds as to whether to bother as no doubt it'll happen again a few days after repairing, but depending on cost I may just get it sorted, but I've no idea how much to expect. Anyone have a ballpark for removal of small car park ding (assuming no paint etc needed)

Thanks in advance.
      04-16-2024, 02:43 PM   #3
HeebieJeebies
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G21 320d xdrive, G22M440i xdri

£80-120 for a mobile repairer, worth having a look around.
Appreciate 1
willougs266.50
      04-16-2024, 03:41 PM   #4
Arthur55
Private
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport touring

Mine was a small dent in the middle of the door which I saw every time I came out of my house.

Mine was sorted as said through my local BMW dealership. My thought process was if they trusted them so could I. £78 all done. How they sorted it? I don't know all the details......but you really wouldn't know it was ever there....

My cost was half price a national PDR company quoted.

I did abit of research before going ahead.
Appreciate 1
willougs266.50
      04-17-2024, 12:51 AM   #5
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur55 View Post
Mine was a small dent in the middle of the door which I saw every time I came out of my house.

Mine was sorted as said through my local BMW dealership. My thought process was if they trusted them so could I. £78 all done. How they sorted it? I don't know all the details......but you really wouldn't know it was ever there....

My cost was half price a national PDR company quoted.

I did abit of research before going ahead.
Thanks. Only problem I see with that for me is the inconvience. I'm assuming you needed to drop car at dealers and then leave it with them for a day? For me that means a day off work and a 40 mile round trip. I'll have a word with them next time it's in for a service.

Don't suppose anyone has a recommendation for a dent removal company in Southampton/Portsmouth area?