Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin M340i front axle support recall

12-02-2019, 05:54 PM   #1
lunar
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

M340i front axle support recall

BMW FACTORY RECALL CAMPAIGN - B310719 Service Action: Front Axle Support B31 07 19

Anyone know anything about this?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 07:47 PM   #2
hockeymen14
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenstew View Post
BMW FACTORY RECALL CAMPAIGN - B310719 Service Action: Front Axle Support B31 07 19

Anyone know anything about this?
I haven't received the recall yet but my CA told me it was to be expected when I was in a few weeks ago for something unrelated. She said it is basically corrosion protection reapplication in certain areas of the front axle that weren't properly covered or applied from the factory. I saw the recall and it basically said spray one can of X to area Y and it's done.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 06:49 AM   #3
Spec23
Private
Rep
Drives: na

They did the recall when it was just brought in. Didn't notice anything different. Albeit the reason why it was brought in was because it was making a weird noise every once in a while when going forward after backing up and turning the wheel. I.E. pulling out of a parking spot.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 09:12 AM   #4
lunar
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymen14 View Post
I haven't received the recall yet but my CA told me it was to be expected when I was in a few weeks ago for something unrelated. She said it is basically corrosion protection reapplication in certain areas of the front axle that weren't properly covered or applied from the factory. I saw the recall and it basically said spray one can of X to area Y and it's done.
Sounds good! Thanks for the info
Appreciate 0