Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions 2021+ BMW 4 Series G23 Convertible Official Thread

03-28-2023, 09:21 AM   #221
johndoe1983
Eagle1
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i

Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
Curious minds would like to know, I also would like to know how you hide the holes.
I just noticed that Amazon has a lot of rubber plugs. Will wait till spring to measure the diam of the hole and find 4 plugs.

My M440i is store for the winter time.

Lots of snow here in Canada. Can't wait to drive it on may the 1st.
Cheers

https://www.amazon.ca/ANCIRS-Rubber-...language=en_CA
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2023, 09:33 AM   #222
leehrat
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW m440

Auto seats moving back to position

I THOUGHT I saw a video somewhere that when you move the front seat forward to let someone in the back and then move it back, the motor that auto-slides the seat back will "recognize" the knees of the person sitting in the back and stop moving back automatically so as to not crush the person.

I just tried it on my new '24 m440ix and it didn't stop. Just kept crushing his knees. Is that not a thing and I just dreamed I saw that feature?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 06:18 AM   #223
Llarry
///M driver
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6-speed

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oncolosbmw View Post
Wish it was a hardtop drop I would love it more..
I really like the older F33/F83 hardtop convertibles and thought about buying a used one. Since then, I'm getting disquieting vibes about the reliability of the top. No data -- just a feeling.

Last edited by Llarry; 08-10-2023 at 07:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 01:24 PM   #224
MarkOK
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M440i Convert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oncolosbmw View Post
Wish it was a hardtop drop I would love it more..
I love the soft-top. Hardtop convertibles never made sense to me. And the quality and durability has thus far exceeded my highest expectations.

I drive mine with the top down nearly 90% of the time since I got this 10 months ago. Anytime it's not raining and between 40-100F! (at colder temps, I fine with the windows up and the seat warmer and heaters on, it's pretty comfortable and getting a little sun mid-winter is very nice.

Top has been up and down probably 400 times now, never the slightest of glitches, shakes, or problems.
Appreciate 3
      08-11-2023, 01:26 PM   #225
MarkOK
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M440i Convert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leehrat View Post
I THOUGHT I saw a video somewhere that when you move the front seat forward to let someone in the back and then move it back, the motor that auto-slides the seat back will "recognize" the knees of the person sitting in the back and stop moving back automatically so as to not crush the person.

I just tried it on my new '24 m440ix and it didn't stop. Just kept crushing his knees. Is that not a thing and I just dreamed I saw that feature?
Yeah, it keeps going in my experience too. But you can save a different seat position (i.e. seat position 2) for when you have someone in back.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2023, 06:41 PM   #226
jliuod
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21' M440I

Picked up a CPO 21' M440i convertible in white with black leather interior a few weeks ago. Long story short, I discovered after the purchase that the front bumper and other related items were replaced. No air bag involved. I found out from a repair bill in the glove compartment. Also, the lumbar support function in the driver seat doesn't work. So much for a CPO vehicle!

Anyway, East Bay BMW did the right thing and promised to realign the hood so the gaps are to BMW specs. Also they are going to fix the lumbar support function, and recondition all the wheels to BMW standard and will be ordering me an additional key fob(it only came with one key fob). Took two weeks and they gave ma a 530E as a loaner in the mean time. In addition, I asked for and got the platinium 6 year warranty on top of the additional year of warranty because the car was CPO. Which means my 21' M440i will be covered till 5/2027(inception date was 5/21). I am happy with the accommodation and I think it was more than fair for what I asked in return.

Got the car yesterday and they did a fantastic job realigning the hood. The wheels look perfect. Lumbar support is functioning again. Received the additional key fob programmed to my car.

All was great until I came out of Costco after shopping this morning. My front passenger tire was flat! Luckily I always carry an air compressor with me on all my cars. I inflated the tire to 42psi and by the time I got home(8 miles) the tire was flat again. At first I thought I had a nail, but then I remembered I ran over a pothole. Could not find any nail(s), but discovered there was a rip in the inside side wall. Obviously that is not repairable. My car has the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. No choice but to bite the bullet and purchase a tire through Tire Rack.

I guess in the grand scheme of things it could have been much worse like cracking the rim. At the end of the day it is just money and that is why I work!

This down time is giving me opportunity to do a few projects on the car. I took out the front grill and will be painting it gloss black. It was not difficult but took some time. I ended up separating the front grill into three parts, the frame, the upper and lower half of the grill. I painted them individually that way every space will be painted. Will post photos when done.
Appreciate 2
Llarry15397.00
      10-20-2023, 06:15 AM   #227
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jliuod View Post
Picked up a CPO 21' M440i convertible in white with black leather interior a few weeks ago. Long story short, I discovered after the purchase that the front bumper and other related items were replaced. No air bag involved. I found out from a repair bill in the glove compartment. Also, the lumbar support function in the driver seat doesn't work. So much for a CPO vehicle!

Anyway, East Bay BMW did the right thing and promised to realign the hood so the gaps are to BMW specs. Also they are going to fix the lumbar support function, and recondition all the wheels to BMW standard and will be ordering me an additional key fob(it only came with one key fob). Took two weeks and they gave ma a 530E as a loaner in the mean time. In addition, I asked for and got the platinium 6 year warranty on top of the additional year of warranty because the car was CPO. Which means my 21' M440i will be covered till 5/2027(inception date was 5/21). I am happy with the accommodation and I think it was more than fair for what I asked in return.

Got the car yesterday and they did a fantastic job realigning the hood. The wheels look perfect. Lumbar support is functioning again. Received the additional key fob programmed to my car.

All was great until I came out of Costco after shopping this morning. My front passenger tire was flat! Luckily I always carry an air compressor with me on all my cars. I inflated the tire to 42psi and by the time I got home(8 miles) the tire was flat again. At first I thought I had a nail, but then I remembered I ran over a pothole. Could not find any nail(s), but discovered there was a rip in the inside side wall. Obviously that is not repairable. My car has the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. No choice but to bite the bullet and purchase a tire through Tire Rack.

I guess in the grand scheme of things it could have been much worse like cracking the rim. At the end of the day it is just money and that is why I work!
The fact that they gave you a Platinum 6 year warranty indicates they knew it was an issue that you should have been informed about. Is a dealer legally required to disclose this type of damage when someone purchases a CPO?

Also make sure that the Pilot Sport 4S you order from Tire Rack is a Michelin BMW Star tire.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2023, 11:25 AM   #228
jliuod
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Regardless, it is over and time to move on. I did get the replacement tire with the "star" rating. It was just dump luck as there were two at Tire Rack to choose from and I just happened to pick the right one. Once I am done with these MPS 4S, I am going to switch to the Continental DWS 06+.

Has anyone try to use tires that have a taller side wall profile than the "40 & 35" along with a square set up?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 10:21 PM   #229
jliuod
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I post this at the suspension section but receive no love. So I decided to post the question specific to the M440i section.

Anyone try to install an aftermarket front swaybar on the M440i? If so, does one have to drop the sub-frame? I know for sure on the M2/M3/M4 dropping the sub-frame is not necessary to install the front sway bar.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 03:23 PM   #230
sureshkrk
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M440i Convertible

2023 BMW M440i convertible ride

I recently got my 2023 BMW M440i convertible, found the ride is soft even when I have it in sports mode. More Lexus and Benz feeling vs BMW sporty ride. Previous 335IS & Mini John cooper owner which were a blast to drive and more sportier.

Is this what you notice too? appreciate any comments.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 03:56 PM   #231
jliuod
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkrk View Post
I recently got my 2023 BMW M440i convertible, found the ride is soft even when I have it in sports mode. More Lexus and Benz feeling vs BMW sporty ride. Previous 335IS & Mini John cooper owner which were a blast to drive and more sportier.

Is this what you notice too? appreciate any comments.

I guess it is all relative. I came from a 21' M2 competition. One of the main reasons I sold that car was the ride was way too stiff for my taste. I am sure it would have been perfect on the tract, but I don't track.

I have a 21' M440i convertible and the suspension to me is much tolerable. Yes, it is not as responsive as the M2 comp., but I certainly can live with it. Also the M440i is a heavy car, therefore the ride as you said is similar to Lexus and MB.

I was going to replace the front sway bar to an after market one. But the amount of work is something I am not willing to tackle. I believe one has to drop the sub-frame for the install.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 01:32 PM   #232
sureshkrk
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jliuod View Post
I guess it is all relative. I came from a 21' M2 competition. One of the main reasons I sold that car was the ride was way too stiff for my taste. I am sure it would have been perfect on the tract, but I don't track.

I have a 21' M440i convertible and the suspension to me is much tolerable. Yes, it is not as responsive as the M2 comp., but I certainly can live with it. Also the M440i is a heavy car, therefore the ride as you said is similar to Lexus and MB.

I was going to replace the front sway bar to an after market one. But the amount of work is something I am not willing to tackle. I believe one has to drop the sub-frame for the install.

Thanks Appreciate your response. I was worried if there is something wrong with my car.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2024, 01:03 PM   #233
noaho
Rep
Drives: bmw m440i

Garage List
Just picked up this M440i In Dravit Grey Metallic with Tacoma Red Interior.

It’s been hard finding this spec, but finally was able to Identify and make it happen!!

Let me know your thoughts.
TIA
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
Llarry15397.00
toddwalton1291.00
wrickem2101.00
N1NCZ12.00
Pkinneb19.50
dsheib0.00
      02-27-2024, 12:51 PM   #234
jlapicki
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by noaho View Post
Just picked up this M440i In Dravit Grey Metallic with Tacoma Red Interior.

It’s been hard finding this spec, but finally was able to Identify and make it happen!!

Let me know your thoughts.
TIA
Beautiful but consider swapping out the grill....
Attached Images

2017 M2 - Alpine White / Black - SOLD
2001 e39 M5 - Titanium / Caramel - A "Keeper"
Appreciate 1
Llarry15397.00
      03-11-2024, 12:41 PM   #235
noaho
Rep

Garage List
which grill is that, Can you send the link? is that the one that’s going to be on the new face lift
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 07:45 AM   #236
jlapicki
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by noaho View Post
which grill is that, Can you send the link? is that the one that’s going to be on the new face lift
Aftermarket grill that I think I got from German Auto Parts....will check my files and post part number....easy installation...

https://german-car-accessories.com/collections/all
2017 M2 - Alpine White / Black - SOLD
2001 e39 M5 - Titanium / Caramel - A "Keeper"
Appreciate 1
noaho13.50
      04-04-2024, 05:27 AM   #237
tatsuaki1125
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 G23, 2017 F36

Smile G23 Convertible in LBB

Hi everyone. I finally got a delivery of LBB G23 convertible after waiting almost 8 moths. I struggled to choose between LBB and AB as a SRB alternative (SRB was not available as an individual color in Japan). I settled on LBB after I came across a LBB M2 that looked stunning.
The following photos are LBB G23 on the day of delivery and LBB G23 with my old SRB F36 for comparison. It’s hard to capture a hint of teal in both colors but obviously SRB has more green hue in it. Both colors shift from blue with a bit of teal to more greenish blue depending on ambient lighting, with LBB being on the darker side of spectrum.
Attached Images

Last edited by tatsuaki1125; 04-04-2024 at 09:51 PM..
Appreciate 5
Llarry15397.00
softtop12.00
N1NCZ12.00
noaho13.50
dsheib0.00
      04-07-2024, 06:09 PM   #238
noaho
Rep

Garage List
selling my old new body 430i grill in excellent shape.
85$
OEM IS $200 and mine is OEM TOO!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 07:49 PM   #239
Colibri
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 24 X5 M60i; 23 M440i Xdr Conv

Picked up a 23 M440i Convertible w/ 13k miles a couple months ago. Brooklyn Grey and Tacora Red.

Been traveling a lot - intended to post some photos here sooner but still haven't had a chance to take any good ones.
Appreciate 0