Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Mission Presents | M-Link | At-Home Bench DME Flashback, Backup, Recover, and Unlock

08-04-2023, 11:27 AM   #1
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
Mission Presents | M-Link | At-Home Bench DME Flashback, Backup, Recover, and Unlock

Stock Update
All of the back-ordered units have been shipped out and we are fully back to being in-stock

Mission Tuning announces the immediate public release of the new Mission-Link (M-Link) tool. A first-of-its-kind purpose-built device that performs four key at-home functions: DME Flashback ™, DME Backup, DME Recovery, and full DME bench unlock.
Complimentary to any flashing platform the M-Link, is internet and app-independent, battery-operated, and portable. M-Link works with any Wi-Fi-enabled device that has a browser and It features a user-friendly intuitive tabbed UI.

With Mission hardware and software designed in-house and in the USA. M-Link technologies have been in use internally at Mission and with our OEM partners since 2019. Now refined and re-engineered for the consumer…. we are proud and excited to launch our patent pending M-Link, available to ship immediately.

Flashback Explained: Create & export an unlimited number of DME mirror image restore points that a user can “flashback” to at any time (flashback or super license required)
  • Flashback Example Use Case(s): Flashback to a pre-tune or pre-piggyback DME state, fully & completely restoring your DME to its’ virgin state, including all black box and fasta data. That means no more dealer flags after tuning or piggybacking.

Bench Unlock Explained: Bench unlock your car's DME at home in seconds with nothing more than a WIFI device with a browser. No internet or App is necessary. M-Link is powered via USB-C and is compatible with any user-provided USB-PD power supply. Provide your own or purchase our battery option for a truly portable experience. No messy battery terminal clips, exposed wiring, or polarity concerns. (unlock or super license is required).
  • Bench Example Use Case(s): No longer does an unlock mean risky banana plugs on your delicate DME, trips to an unlock center, or mailing your DME and having downtime. Perform unlimited unlocks on a single-vehicle

Backup Explained: Every time a bench unlock is performed an automatic backup is created that can be used to restore your DME should an unlock be interrupted. Note: only the latest backup is stored internally to M-Link however with every backup an external file is created that can be safely stored by the user.
  • Backup Example Use Case(s):
    1. An unlock is interrupted and the operation has been halted mid-process. Simply use the internal backup file (or your user-saved backup file) and restore your DME to its pre-unlock state using the recovery function.
    2. Going to the dealer and worried about being flagged? Flashback using your pre-modifications DME image.

Recovery Explained: Recovery uses the internal (or external) backup file to recover your DME to its’ pre-unlock state should an unlock be interrupted (refer to backup for complimentary details)
  • Recovery Use Case: An unlock is interrupted, simply select recover from the UI and choose between the internally stored M-Link backup file or use an external backup copy

Current Promotions
A discount coupon is automatically applied to all of our customers that are purchasing a software reflash and M-Link combo. Just add both of the items to the cart and discount will be applied.

Some additional features to look forward to
  • Version control: Leverage Flashback technology to retain the firmware version of your choosing, despite dealer updates.
  • Flashback Pro: Return your DME to a pre-tune, pre-piggyback state despite the fact that you did not have an M-Link present prior to DME or Engine system manipulation.
  • And more….

Note: at home licensing and firmware updates are straightforward, easy, and intuitive. If features are offered at no charge, existing M-Link customers will simply need to update their device

Design

Designed 100% in-house in the USA, from the beautiful aluminum enclosure to the software, and the code, we have been using this technology since 2019 internally and with our OEM partners.
  • Aluminum enclosure (optional plastic version coming soon)
  • OEM DME plugs (no more risk of damaging the expensive DME pins with banana plugs).
  • USB-C power supply with onboard current monitoring network (No exposed wires or battery clips needed for a safe and secure connection.)
  • App and Internet independent.
  • Proprietary closed-source software for stability, redundancy, security and safety.
  • Internal DME backup (Never lose your original file)
  • End-User upgradeable firmware and licenses.
  • Flashback technology to minimize the chance of warranty flags.
  • Transferable and resellable license and hardware.
  • US Developed, Engineered, and distributed.
  • US customer support

What is supported?
  • All Pre-2021 MG1 DMEs
  • B58 Generation 1 and 2 (G29, G20, G05, F30, G30, Supra, etc)
  • S58 Generation 1 (F97/F98 pre LCI)
  • B46 and B48 (G30, G20, G29, F30-LCI, etc)
  • S63 Generation 3(F90)
  • B57 (G30 Diesel)
  • N63 Generation 3 and 4 (G05, G30, etc)

For even more information or to buy today visit us at missiontuning.com

A separate thread will be created for the User Guide.

Last edited by MissionPerformance; 08-31-2023 at 09:14 AM..
Appreciate 26
      08-04-2023, 11:53 AM   #2
22M340iAZ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i 2022

Damn so still gotta ship to femto for post June ?
Appreciate 4
mattssi867.00
imOFP205.50
      08-04-2023, 12:07 PM   #3
TheJungatron
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD- USA

Super freaking cool! MissionPerformance can you upgrade to the super license in the future? or are you stuck with what you buy?

Thanks!
(Retired - 1987 325i Vert)
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 12:10 PM   #4
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJungatron View Post
Super freaking cool! MissionPerformance can you upgrade to the super license in the future? or are you stuck with what you buy?

Thanks!
Great question! That will be added to FAQ but yes can. There will be a separate product on our site to purchase additional licenses.
Also, devices are resalable with whatever licenses are activated on them. All you have to do is purchase the resale license on our website and the device will be refreshed and able to be mated to a new DME
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 12:15 PM   #5
BobTheBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xdrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Boom! Now this just made my 2023!!

Looking forward to the full FAQ!

Is the procedure for adding the MP stage 1 or 2 tune easy peasy and done through the app after unlocking?

Ready to pull the trigger…just wanted to know how flashing a tune works.

Thank you!
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2023, 12:21 PM   #6
TheJungatron
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD- USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
Great question! That will be added to FAQ but yes can. There will be a separate product on our site to purchase additional licenses.
Also, devices are resalable with whatever licenses are activated on them. All you have to do is purchase the resale license on our website and the device will be refreshed and able to be mated to a new DME
Excellent :-)

MissionPerformance What's the safest bet for just out of warranty folks who had an eye on a bench unlock soon...

Would you say the Unlock only its the best starting point?

Thanks!!
(Retired - 1987 325i Vert)
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 12:23 PM   #7
m340b58
Germany
Rep
Drives: '20 M340

MissionPerformance Can you give any update on the 2021+ DME unlocks for the public? We are eager to unlock the power of these newer engines.
Appreciate 3
      08-04-2023, 12:55 PM   #8
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBimmer View Post
Boom! Now this just made my 2023!!

Looking forward to the full FAQ!

Is the procedure for adding the MP stage 1 or 2 tune easy peasy and done through the app after unlocking?

Ready to pull the trigger…just wanted to know how flashing a tune works.

Thank you!
Very happy to hear that and the FAQ/User Guide link will be posted over the next day or so.

Regarding your question, yes, and let me springboard off of what you asked... Realizing that the traditional “bench unlock” was a real pain point for the community. We felt it best to make the M-Link complimentary to any tuning platform vs locking it solely to Mission tunes. And this is the first of several upcoming releases, all of which are complimentary to any platform.
While the M-Link pairs nicely with any tuner's platform, our tuning platform remains the front-runner for drivers looking for a set-it-and-forget approach. While still retaining oem like reliability, predictability, and drivability.
Once unlocked, you can flash your ECU at will, all over OBD port. Just follow any special procedures, if any, that your tuning platform posts for regular bench-unlocked DMEs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m340b58 View Post
MissionPerformance Can you give any update on the 2021+ DME unlocks for the public? We are eager to unlock the power of these newer engines.
The hardware in the M-Link already contains unlocking capabilities for the 2021+ ECUs. Official support for these ECUs will be addressed and discussed for future releases.
Appreciate 10
      08-04-2023, 01:03 PM   #9
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
The hardware in the M-Link already contains unlocking capabilities for the 2021+ ECUs. Official support for these ECUs will be addressed and discussed for future releases.
So just sit tight for now, and good news is to come?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 01:04 PM   #10
BobTheBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xdrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
[QUOTE=MissionPerformance;30370348]Very happy to hear that and the FAQ/User Guide link will be posted over the next day or so.

Regarding your question, yes, and let me springboard off of what you asked... Realizing that the traditional “bench unlock” was a real pain point for the community. We felt it best to make the M-Link complimentary to any tuning platform vs locking it solely to Mission tunes. And this is the first of several upcoming releases, all of which are complimentary to any platform.
While the M-Link pairs nicely with any tuner's platform, our tuning platform remains the front-runner for drivers looking for a set-it-and-forget approach. While still retaining oem like reliability, predictability, and drivability.
Once unlocked, you can flash your ECU at will, all over OBD port. Just follow any special procedures, if any, that your tuning platform posts for regular bench-unlocked DMEs.

Fantastic! Thanks for the quick reply!

I am going with your stage 1 tune. (Can only get crappy 91 where I’m at) Tbh I want to as you say ‘set it and forget it’ kind of thing.

When purchasing the new module can I also add the MP stage 1 tune to my cart and purchase everything in one go? Then once the MP unlocker arrives is it an emailed tune file to apply or is it all authorized through the app?

Thank you again for the replies!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 01:16 PM   #11
Hanzo550
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550i xdrive M Pkg

Garage List
Will this work to unlock non tu's?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 01:25 PM   #12
x5d4me
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

No n57?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 01:25 PM   #13
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo550 View Post
Will this work to unlock non tu's?
Yep, generation 1 and generation 2 of B58 are all supported.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 01:29 PM   #14
Hanzo550
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550i xdrive M Pkg

Garage List
Quote:
Yep, generation 1 and generation 2 of B58 are all supported.

N63?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 01:49 PM   #15
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBimmer View Post
Fantastic! Thanks for the quick reply!

I am going with your stage 1 tune. (Can only get crappy 91 where I’m at) Tbh I want to as you say ‘set it and forget it’ kind of thing.

When purchasing the new module can I also add the MP stage 1 tune to my cart and purchase everything in one go? Then once the MP unlocker arrives is it an emailed tune file to apply or is it all authorized through the app?

Thank you again for the replies!

Yes set it and forget while also providing HP/TRQ in line with typical Stage 1 or 2 tunes

The process is very simple. Just add both products to the cart and checkout. Not publically mentioned yet, a small thank you coupon will be automatically applied for a limited time during this initial release as well! Once you receive the device in mail, you will perform the unlock of the DME and you are all done. Now you can flash your ECU at will with our mFlasher.
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2023, 01:59 PM   #16
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo550 View Post
N63?
N63 Generation 3 and 4 (G05, G30, etc)
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 02:02 PM   #17
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJungatron View Post
Excellent :-)

MissionPerformance What's the safest bet for just out of warranty folks who had an eye on a bench unlock soon...

Would you say the Unlock only its the best starting point?

Thanks!!
Yep, even though flashback still carries huge benefits (such as full recovery in case of bad OBD flashing) even for customers with no warranty concerns, the simplest and quickest way to get started is Unlock the license, and off you go.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 02:10 PM   #18
Slowlives
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82 6MT

Garage List
2021 BMW M4   [8.33]
Any plans for support on the G8x platforms?
Appreciate 4
M4ord770.00
LBBF87522.00
      08-04-2023, 02:50 PM   #19
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

No support for LCI F90?
      08-04-2023, 02:50 PM   #20
g21
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M340T M550i EV6GT

2021 g21 b58 ?
2021 g30 n63 ?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 03:27 PM   #21
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Looking forward to seeing you unlock the S58 G8x motors then - that will be my cue to buy one!
Appreciate 7
      08-04-2023, 03:48 PM   #22
Slowlives
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82 6MT

Garage List
2021 BMW M4   [8.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
Looking forward to seeing you unlock the S58 G8x motors then - that will be my cue to buy one!
Likewise! Some really cool features with this product.
Appreciate 1