Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge World Cup 2010 Chat Thread!!

06-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #221
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Wow the Italians are a bunch of diving vaginas...
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #222
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Kaká got red, dammit that French arbiter is as blind as Ray Charles.

Anyway Brazil won, obrigado Brasil.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 03:35 PM   #223
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
Kaká got red, dammit that French arbiter is as blind as Ray Charles.
Yeah he was also blind twice on Brazil's second goal.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #224
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Yeah he was also blind twice on Brazil's second goal.
If you call that 'hands' you don't understand football my friend.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #225
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
his first touch was a hand ball.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #226
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
his first touch was a hand ball.
LOL I've played competitively my entire life, and I very much do understand it. The second one was questionable depending on what angle you were viewing from (especially the ref's angle), but the first one was hard to miss from any angle.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 06:19 PM   #227
leJUNd
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

that red was ridiculous.
They have to do something about acting in soccer...
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #228
TwoSaints
Second Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Regarding the missed "Hands" call. I'm a Brazilian so take it for what it's worth... That call was definitely missed. Shouldn't have been a goal but i have a feeling it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Now about the red card, that was bull, but we've already qualified so it doesn't matter if he misses the next game. It does however keep him off the field, and with such a young player that can do a lot of harm.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 02:38 AM   #229
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

Give him an Oscar!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 06:30 AM   #230
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post

Give him an Oscar!
overacting or not... What the hell is KAKA doing right there? Why is he taking a cheap shot at a player when they are winning 3-1. Especially after he just got a yellow card a few minutes earlier. The last 15 minutes of the game Brazil showed no class at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 06:55 AM   #231
Zephyr15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
overacting or not... What the hell is KAKA doing right there? Why is he taking a cheap shot at a player when they are winning 3-1. Especially after he just got a yellow card a few minutes earlier. The last 15 minutes of the game Brazil showed no class at all.
Cheap shot? What cheap shot? He's minding his own business when the doofus runs into him.
      06-21-2010, 07:10 AM   #232
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr15 View Post
Cheap shot? What cheap shot? He's minding his own business when the doofus runs into him.
you can't be that blindly ignorant. (yes i know redundant) But there is no way you can say the idiot just ran into him. Kaka lifted his elbow and dropped his shoulder. Call a spade a spade. The guy wasn't even looking and Kaka made no effort to move out of the way of him, instead he used it as an opportunity to take a quick nudge.

Do you know how you can tell when someone does something wrong? They act like nothing happened... look at Kaka after he made contact with the Ivory Coast player.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 08:30 AM   #233
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
Wow what a game by Portugal!! Now that's a game worth waking up for

Cote d'Ivoire has to score 9+ goals against Korea DPR to advance lol!!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #234
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
The last 15 minutes of the game Brazil showed no class at all.
I know it's not saying much, but they showed more class than Italy; I couldn't believe the Italians tried so hard to take advantage of an injured Kiwi down on the field. Sure, it's embarrassing to be tied to the 78th ranked team in the world, but it really showed their true colors when they did that... not to mention the continuous diving....
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 08:35 AM   #235
DarkRider23
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 201 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Bimmer View Post
Wow what a game by Portugal!! Now that's a game worth waking up for

Cote d'Ivoire has to score 9+ goals against Korea DPR to advance lol!!
Don't forget that we could get crushed by Brazil too. I'm remaining hopeful though.

Quote:
I know it's not saying much, but they showed more class than Italy; I couldn't believe the Italians tried so hard to take advantage of an injured Kiwi down on the field. Sure, it's embarrassing to be tied to the 78th ranked team in the world, but it really showed their true colors when they did that... not to mention the continuous diving....
Maybe it's because I hate Italy, but in my opinion, they never show any class at all on the field. I mean no offense to anyone, but Italy is just a bunch of diving and acting pussies out on the field when their placement in the world cup is threatened. I didn't really mind Italy much up until 4 years ago when they played France. They showed absolutely no class at all back then and this game against NZ just made me hate them more.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #236
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
i have always hate italy for their diving and defensive style. boring as fawk football team.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #237
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRider23 View Post
Don't forget that we could get crushed by Brazil too. I'm remaining hopeful though.

Maybe it's because I hate Italy, but in my opinion, they never show any class at all on the field. I mean no offense to anyone, but Italy is just a bunch of diving and acting pussies out on the field when their placement in the world cup is threatened. I didn't really mind Italy much up until 4 years ago when they played France. They showed absolutely no class at all back then and this game against NZ just made me hate them more.
absolutely. i'm sure they intentially provoked zidane as a tatic to beat france in the final. without zidane, the french team loss confident in the shootout and who know he could have score a goal in the last 15 mins to beat italy. i'm not saying zidane was right, but it just show how much of pussy italy is in using their tatic instead of man up and playing with your real skills.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #238
Zephyr15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
you can't be that blindly ignorant. (yes i know redundant) But there is no way you can say the idiot just ran into him. Kaka lifted his elbow and dropped his shoulder. Call a spade a spade. The guy wasn't even looking and Kaka made no effort to move out of the way of him, instead he used it as an opportunity to take a quick nudge.
1. Yes, I can say the idiot just ran into him. It's exactly what he did. Are you suggesting that someone other than the guy who ended up on the ground was running? If so, who?

2. Kaka noticed he was coming and slightly raised his arm to brace for the impact, but kept it close to his body. Big deal. He didn't drop his shoulder into the guy at all.

3. Exactly why does Kaka have to get out of the guy's way? Kaka is in a better position and the idiot is running without looking. Under what rule of the game (or any game for that matter) is a player obligated to get out of the way of an opponent running out of control away from the ball and not looking where they are going?

It simply wasn't a cheap shot. Kaka didn't take a malicious swing of the arm at the guy. Nor did he, as you suggest, lower his shoulder. At worst, Kaka didn't get out of the way. So what? The video clearly shows the guy faked getting hit in the face so there's no reason to believe that any aspect of this entire incident was anything other than a charade meant to draw a penalty. For all we know, the guy planned the whole thing and tried to run into Kaka from the beginning. Should Kaka have taken extra care to get out of the way to avoid any chance of a card? Maybe, but that doesn't mean it was a cheap shot.
      06-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #239
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

There is video evidence... and then there is your biased speculation. Take a second, forget how much you want to have Kaka's babies and watch the video again. The play was over. This was after the whistle was already blown. Kaka walks away like nothing happened, not because nothing happened, but because he was guilty. You're honestly going to tell me that it isn't natural to look down at a player, at least once, after he runs into? Or at least be a little pissed off that he did run into you? His actions were completely unnatural. I played sports all my life, and I pulled shit like that every once and a while. Sometimes you get caught, sometimes you don't. He did it, got caught and paid the price for it. Get over it.

And whomever doesn't think Fabiano shouldn't have been called for at least one handball, you're crazy too. I was rooting for brazil and I still thought it was a handball. The ref even walked up to him a minute or two after the goal and laughed with him about it. First one was his wrist, second one his bicep. It was only one goal and wouldn't have affected the game.

Last edited by NYCGarbagePrince; 06-21-2010 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #240
dirtyylicous
Swagger on a trillion
Rep
Drives: IS300

Finally Portugal does something!!

The 2nd half was just too fun to watch, we were going crazy. Props to ronaldo for finally scoring a goal. We need to focus and play like this for the rest of the cup. IDK why but I have a good feeling now even tho they always choke in important games.

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #241
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

kaka didnt hit him hard. the guy ran in to him. silence nyc.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #242
Zephyr15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There is video evidence... and then there is your biased speculation. Take a second, forget how much you want to have Kaka's babies and watch the video again. The play was over. This was after the whistle was already blown. Kaka walks away like nothing happened, not because nothing happened, but because he was guilty. You're honestly going to tell me that it isn't natural to look down at a player, at least once, after he runs into? Or at least be a little pissed off that he did run into you? His actions were completely unnatural. I played sports all my life, and I pulled shit like that every once and a while. Sometimes you get caught, sometimes you don't. He did it, got caught and paid the price for it. Get over it.
Speculation on my part? News flash: I don't like soccer. I didn't watch the game or any highlights. I couldn't care less about Brazil. The only reason I know the guy in the video is Kaka is because people told me so in this thread. The only video anyone needs to watch is the one in this thread. It shows the doofus in green running into your arch-nemisis Kaka and Kaka minding his own business. If, as you say, doofus was actually running like that after the play was over then he's an even bigger idiot then I originally thought (or smarter because he planned the whole thing).

Your entire argument is based on your assumptions about how a guy from another culture should be acting after some dude runs into him and bites the dust. I'm sorry that I view your layman's attempt at psychoanalyzing what normal Brazilian soccer players should do as worthless when compared to the objective information provided by the video, but that's just the way it is and we'll have to agree to disagree.