Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin ‘23 330e Issues

01-29-2023, 03:52 PM   #1
darleen721
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Angry ‘23 330e Issues

So I’ve had my 2023 330e for just under 4 months (2500 miles) and have loved it. Sadly, about 3 weeks ago it started throwing some “battery management” error messages. Took it into the dealership and they said they couldn’t find anything wrong with the car but that a new software update was just issued the day before and thought that might resolve whatever the issue was. Well, the day after I got my car back, I not only got the same error message but also one about regenerative breaking, driver assistance being limited and a random frontal collision warning when there was no other cars even around. Took it back to the dealer saying I wasn’t comfortable driving the car. A few days later, they called me back saying that BMW Tech was asking them to take it on an extended test drive to see if they could identify the issue. At first, they came back to me saying they again couldn’t find anything wrong and that it may have been a glitch when they upgraded the software so they were going to reinstall the update and also check all of the various connectors and wiring for the various modules that can trigger those types of warnings on the display. Clearly I wasn’t pleased that they once again didn’t really find the source of the issue. However, the next day, they clearly found something wrong because they called me all of a sudden saying that BMW Tech is telling them to replace the DME (which I guess is kind of the brains of the car)? That was a few days ago so I’m waiting for it to be delivered to the dealership and installed.

I’m really hoping this resolves the issue and that this is not the sign that I got a total lemon for a car, with this only the start of more issues in the future!!

Last edited by darleen721; 01-29-2023 at 10:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2023, 05:53 PM   #2
SoCalJon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW330e

Any update on this? You got yours a few weeks before mine came. Hope it gets worked out for you.
Appreciate 0