Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA 330i LCI pricing

06-23-2023, 11:14 PM   #1
Bm12
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 330i

330i LCI pricing

Hi, I was wondering how you guys calculated your discount when you bought your 330i or any other models. Do you base it off the BMW official website’s configuration with your postcode? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2023, 01:56 AM   #2
Haruman
Rep
Drives: M340i LCI (G20)

Probably somewhere around $90k DA is the realistic range - if you want all options + premium paint, you'd probably expect to pay a little more (mid 90ks). Are you considering getting a demo? I see a lot of demos and low-km used cars around.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2023, 05:26 PM   #3
nm2003
2023 M340i LCI xDrive (on order)
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruman View Post
Probably somewhere around $90k DA is the realistic range - if you want all options + premium paint, you'd probably expect to pay a little more (mid 90ks). Are you considering getting a demo? I see a lot of demos and low-km used cars around.
I would steer clear of demo cars. They are handed out to customers as courtesy/loan cars on a daily basis, and sometimes are long-term loan cars.

When I had a delay in delivering my car (dealer's fault), I was put in a very low kms 330i loan car for close to a week.

Even though I treated the car nicely, others may not be as nice, especially going over speed humps etc.

When I had to take in back for some other corrections, they put me back in the same car for another 4 days.

2023 (Australian Spec) G20 LCI M340 xDrive - Portimao Blue - Executive Pack, M Technology Pack, Carbon Fibre Trim
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 07:09 PM   #4
Bm12
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruman View Post
Thanks for the reply, I bought a brand new one with visibility and comfort package for low 90k so it sounds about right then. Beautiful car and first time owning a RWD
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 07:15 PM   #5
Bm12
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm2003 View Post
I would steer clear of demo cars. They are handed out to customers as courtesy/loan cars on a daily basis, and sometimes are long-term loan cars.

When I had a delay in delivering my car (dealer's fault), I was put in a very low kms 330i loan car for close to a week.

Even though I treated the car nicely, others may not be as nice, especially going over speed humps etc.

When I had to take in back for some other corrections, they put me back in the same car for another 4 days.
Yeah, true everybody is different and they treat demo cars differently. They all seem to come onto market for sale around 1500-1600kmish initially which I thought is not too bad considering the price. Don’t know how much you can haggle on those so there might not be a huge difference in price in the end.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 08:35 PM   #6
Gaviatrix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bm12 View Post
Thanks for the reply, I bought a brand new one with visibility and comfort package for low 90k so it sounds about right then. Beautiful car and first time owning a RWD
Congratulations, and welcome as a new G20 owner. I have a 2019 330i MSport and it's been really excellent. I like the cleaner front end treatment on the LCI. I haven't driven the LCI car but I think the mechanical side of things is identical. In my view (and I have had a string of high powered luxury cars) it's more than quick enough for Australian road conditions, a great size for general use and very economical given the performance - especially on a long freeway run where I regularly get into the high 4s, with mid 8s around town (my supercharged Jaguar is more like 13-14 l/100Km in the city, 8 on the freeway). The BMW's driver assist systems are light-years ahead of the Jaguar and less intrusive than those on our Subaru Outback. My car at 4 years old still looks like new and I have had no build quality or mechanical issues. The front parking sensors can get a bit hyperactive in traffic queues and I can't get software updates to download (but don't really care) but those are really minor gripes.

I hope you enjoy the car as much as I have.
Appreciate 1
Bm121.50
      07-25-2023, 03:16 AM   #7
Bm12
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaviatrix View Post
Congratulations, and welcome as a new G20 owner. I have a 2019 330i MSport and it's been really excellent. I like the cleaner front end treatment on the LCI. I haven't driven the LCI car but I think the mechanical side of things is identical. In my view (and I have had a string of high powered luxury cars) it's more than quick enough for Australian road conditions, a great size for general use and very economical given the performance - especially on a long freeway run where I regularly get into the high 4s, with mid 8s around town (my supercharged Jaguar is more like 13-14 l/100Km in the city, 8 on the freeway). The BMW's driver assist systems are light-years ahead of the Jaguar and less intrusive than those on our Subaru Outback. My car at 4 years old still looks like new and I have had no build quality or mechanical issues. The front parking sensors can get a bit hyperactive in traffic queues and I can't get software updates to download (but don't really care) but those are really minor gripes.

I hope you enjoy the car as much as I have.

Thanks for the thorough information. We are really enjoying driving the car - it’s very responsive and moves so sharp even in comfort mode. It just feels so good when accelerating - maybe due to combination of the ZF transmission and RWD. It’s good to hear that you had trouble free motoring so far. I think they are exactly identical except for some aesthetics. We’ve also got a MK6 GTI and MY21 Tiguan Allspace R-Line and while they are great cars to drive especially MK6 GTI, this RWD 330i feels so different and nice when accelerating. I wonder how a M340i would feel like as I haven’t test driven it yet. Probably not as nimble. Anyway thanks for the welcome and I’m excited to be part of this G20 generation
Appreciate 1
Gaviatrix166.50