Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals 2021 BMW (G22) 430i review by M2 Competition Owner - BIG Surprise!

11-08-2020, 02:13 PM   #1
Avaley
Captain
Rep
Drives: f32 430ix & 982 GT4 PDK

Garage List
2021 BMW (G22) 430i review by M2 Competition Owner - BIG Surprise!

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 06:00 PM   #2
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

I'd really appreciate if everyone DIDN'T immediately address "the elephant in the room" that's really a dead horse being beaten repeatedly. Every single reviewer feels the need to "address" something that's been the talk of everyone since it was revealed.
Appreciate 3
A/J113.50
oz555671.00
      11-11-2020, 09:33 PM   #3
TruthOne
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
I'd really appreciate if everyone DIDN'T immediately address "the elephant in the room" that's really a dead horse being beaten repeatedly. Every single reviewer feels the need to "address" something that's been the talk of everyone since it was revealed.
Yeah it's getting corny now . We get it . Enough
Appreciate 2
oz555671.00
      11-12-2020, 06:38 PM   #4
mcjohnsonsg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthOne View Post
Quote:
Except that these reviewers aren't just writing for Bimmerpost members who may have been following every bit of news about these cars for months or even years. They are writing for a much broader audience than that, the majority of whom probably aren't BMW enthusiasts, may not have seen photos of the car before and would think it quite strange if the reviewer didn't comment on "the elephant in the room"!
Appreciate 1
Burrcold5210.00
      11-12-2020, 06:41 PM   #5
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjohnsonsg View Post
Except that these reviewers aren't just writing for Bimmerpost members who may have been following every bit of news about these cars for months or even years. They are writing for a much broader audience than that, the majority of whom probably aren't BMW enthusiasts, may not have seen photos of the car before and would think it quite strange if the reviewer didn't comment on "the elephant in the room"!
^^this.
      11-12-2020, 07:04 PM   #6
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Exxxceeeeeept this exact youtuber has at least 2 other videos over the last 6 months where he talks about the 4-series grill. And that's just from like 20 seconds of skimming his channel, he might have more. And I'd bet that if I checked other channels, they'd all be similarly frequently talking about the grill.

I'm gonna stand by my original comment.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 07:26 PM   #7
mcjohnsonsg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Exxxceeeeeept this exact youtuber has at least 2 other videos over the last 6 months where he talks about the 4-series grill. And that's just from like 20 seconds of skimming his channel, he might have more. And I'd bet that if I checked other channels, they'd all be similarly frequently talking about the grill.

I'm gonna stand by my original comment.
Let's split the difference. Your comment works for some of the reviewers, but not all.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 08:42 PM   #8
TruthOne
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Every single 4 series or new M3/4 review talks about this same exact "Controversial" grille. Literally every single one . What else do they add by spending time talking about that?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2020, 08:49 PM   #9
mcjohnsonsg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Every single 4 series or new M3/4 review talks about this same exact "Controversial" grille. Literally every single one . What else do they add by spending time talking about that?
They are not trying to add anything to other reviews. They are writing their own review. That is what reviewers do!
Appreciate 1
HU0.00
      11-12-2020, 09:08 PM   #10
TruthOne
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They are not trying to add anything to other reviews. They are writing their own review. That is what reviewers do!
It's a big funny ha ha look at the ugly grille moment. Just mention this year BMW has gone a different direction in design or something. It's the approach it's done the same way every time. No originality
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 01:42 PM   #11
oz555
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340i x-drive

Garage List
2021 BMW M340iX  [9.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Vast majority of youtubers are intellectually limited. They all talk the same thing over and over again. They read data from presentation and show us same things. They all shot the grill from dogs perspective. Normal human being does not see the grill from that angle and that's the only car they shot like that. Take a shot of F36 Gran Coupe and tell me does it look good.
Appreciate 0