Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA A "What does this mean" Guide (Symbols/Icons/Text/Functions/Buttons/Switches that you

07-04-2020, 07:08 PM   #1
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

A "What does this mean" Guide (Symbols/Icons/Text/Functions/Buttons/Switches that you

Hi All.

I thought I would start a thread where we can post questions we have on what certain symbols/icons/functions do in our cars as they are so advanced, I am still finding hidden gems every day

My first question is on the Journey Data screen

What does the car symbol with the arrow on top of it mean? In the bottom left hand side of the screen.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 09:27 PM   #2
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW U11 iX1 Xdrive 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitanx View Post
Hi All.

I thought I would start a thread where we can post questions we have on what certain symbols/icons/functions do in our cars as they are so advanced, I am still finding hidden gems every day

What does the car symbol with the arrow on top of it mean? In the bottom left hand side of the screen.
I believe that's the distance you've driven since resetting your individual journey data
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 12:31 AM   #3
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by achk View Post
Quote:
Hi All.

I believe that's the distance you've driven since resetting your individual journey data
Quote:
Quote:
Hi All.

Ah thanks achk I was a bit perplexed on that one I know the one above is how long the stop start has been used
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 12:53 AM   #4
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi All.

Quote:
Quote:
Hi All.

Ah thanks achk I was a bit perplexed on that one I know the one above is how long the stop start has been used
Sorry misread your post... the bottom right is the distance driven. I'm actually not sure what the bottom left is. It could be distance/range gained from stop start or distance spent cruising in neutral (Eco mode).
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 01:27 AM   #5
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi All.

Quote:
Quote:
Hi All.

Sorry misread your post... the bottom right is the distance driven. I'm actually not sure what the bottom left is. It could be distance/range gained from stop start or distance spent cruising in neutral (Eco mode).
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi All.

Quote:
Quote:
Hi All.

Ah thanks the mystery deepens
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 01:29 AM   #6
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Why is it 0? You have a distance covered and average speed.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 02:51 AM   #7
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
Is it not the distance coasted? Either by being in eco pro or putting it into coast yourself.

See here....

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1643355

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 02:52 AM   #8
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yup my question exactly
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 03:05 AM   #9
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam the Bam View Post
Quote:
Is it not the distance coasted? Either by being in eco pro or putting it into coast yourself.

See here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam the Bam View Post
Quote:

See here....

Ah brilliant Tam Thanks for that

That's it !!!

Mystery solved ... I can now sleep at night
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 03:39 AM   #10
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yup my question exactly
Maybe you’re such an aggressive driver, the car never coasts. Either full throttle or maximum brakes?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 03:46 AM   #11
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yup my question exactly
Maybe you’re such an aggressive driver, the car never coasts. Either full throttle or maximum brakes?
Quote:
Quote:
Yup my question exactly
Maybe you're such an aggressive driver, the car never coasts. Either full throttle or maximum brakes?
Yup I'm racing those shopping trolleys in Coles parking lot so no coasting for me
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 02:17 AM   #12
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Hi All

Maybe you know what this symbol means.
On the dash, on the left lower hand side , to the right side of where the time is displayed , a clock symbol appeared for a while and then disappeared , anybody know what this means?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 07:17 AM   #13
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hi All

On the dash, on the left lower hand side , to the right side of where the time is displayed , a clock symbol appeared for a while and then disappeared , anybody know what this means?
Thanks
I don’t know what it means in your car, but in mine it means it’s time to buy another wristwatch.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 07:36 AM   #14
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hi All

Thanks
I don’t know what it means in your car, but in mine it means it’s time to buy another wristwatch.
Quote:
Quote:
Hi All

Thanks
I don't know what it means in your car, but in mine it means it's time to buy another wristwatch.
Hahaha.....now I know your secret !!!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 06:54 PM   #15
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

So here is a pic, the yellow oval is where I saw the time symbol , but now it's gone
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 09:41 PM   #16
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
So here is a pic, the yellow oval is where I saw the time symbol , but now it's gone
Was the car stationary or during a drive? I wonder if it's related to the speed limit recognition when you are in a time-based speed limit zone. Just taking a guess...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 09:19 PM   #17
Fd340
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Was the car stationary or during a drive? I wonder if it's related to the speed limit recognition when you are in a time-based speed limit zone. Just taking a guess...
Yes it’s to do with driving through for example in Vic school zones, it’s basically to tell you the speed changes depends on time of day. For example school zones are only 40 on school days, and the car isn’t smart enough yet to known if it’s valid for that day or not
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 06:34 AM   #18
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks
I think I turned on the drive assistance and then I turned it off,yup ,maybe its got something to do with speed limit recognition
Appreciate 0