4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions M Track module install + coding

02-15-2023, 05:01 AM   #67
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Has anyone figured out how to code the M track module?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 05:02 AM   #68
TheNine90
Banned
Rep

Or i someone has it enabled i can compared the coding files and see the differences.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 05:17 AM   #69
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNine90 View Post
Has anyone figured out how to code the M track module?

Coding is done by the vendor after module install. A remote team viewer session lasting around 30 mins. Software links sent with the module
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 12:26 PM   #70
TheNine90
Banned
Rep

Is the coding done to the vehicle different between the vendors? Or its just the same coding?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 02:53 PM   #71
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNine90 View Post
Is the coding done to the vehicle different between the vendors? Or its just the same coding?
There is one vendor only. Service I found excellent. Coding is done with ESYS via a Enet cable you are sent in the package. It's a remote session. You will need a Win laptop or win computer you can connect to the car and an internet connection

Make sure you do any OTA updates first as all coding (this, Bimmercode, the whole lot) is wiped with firmware updates

Last edited by DaveDee; 02-15-2023 at 06:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2023, 04:52 PM   #72
Wet Fish
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i

Anyone who’s done this. I don’t suppose you happen to have made a note of exactly where each of the wires came from?

If so, fancy sharing the details?

I’m having some electrical problems and considering removing the module - but no idea where to put the wires back to.
      02-25-2023, 08:01 PM   #73
cyam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i X (2020 G20)

When in Sports mode, does the dash show which Sport mode you are in?

I only ever use Sport modes. Be default I use Sport Individual and toggle constantly between that and Sports Plus. So I'd need to be able to look at the dash and see which mode I'm in.

In looking at the photos, it doesn't seem to show that anywhere.

Can anyone confirm please.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 05:51 AM   #74
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyam View Post

I only ever use Sport modes. Be default I use Sport Individual and toggle constantly between that and Sports Plus. So I'd need to be able to look at the dash and see which mode I'm in.

The M cars have M1 and M2 switches, no sports individual so there is no display on the M display for functions it does not have. You won't see your drive select in the cluster.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 08:41 AM   #75
cyam
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
The M cars have M1 and M2 switches, no sports individual so there is no display on the M display for functions it does not have. You won't see your drive select in the cluster.
Well i guess that means I can't use this. I am always switching between Sport Individual and Sport +, so I need to be able to look at the dash and see what mode I'm in.

This is a real pity as I've already bought it but haven't installed it. Very disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 08:43 AM   #76
Wet Fish
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

When in Sports mode, the dash goes to the m-track dash - the one with double rpm gauges and the speed in the middle. I actually wish it didn’t TBH.

When in comfort or adaptive it shows D in the right hand side (or down the bottom right). If you move the gear lever to the right, the D disappears. That’s the only indication of when the gearbox is in sport.
      02-26-2023, 08:44 AM   #77
Wet Fish
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Well i guess that means I can't use this. I am always switching between Sport Individual and Sport +, so I need to be able to look at the dash and see what mode I'm in.

This is a real pity as I've already bought it but haven't installed it. Very disappointing.
No visual differentiation between those two at all. I used to be the same so have changed my habits so I switch between adaptive and sports individual.
      02-26-2023, 08:46 AM   #78
cyam
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Fish View Post
When in Sports mode, the dash goes to the m-track dash - the one with double rpm gauges and the speed in the middle. I actually wish it didn’t TBH.

When in comfort or adaptive it shows D in the right hand side (or down the bottom right). If you move the gear lever to the right, the D disappears. That’s the only indication of when the gearbox is in sport.
I am *ALWAYS* in Sport mode. I don't drive in any other mode. I need to be able to see if I am in Sport + or Sport Individual, as I constantly switch between those two modes.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 08:48 AM   #79
Wet Fish
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah, can’t do that with this unfortunately. Even the m dials without the module don’t do that. Sorry.
      02-26-2023, 08:50 AM   #80
cyam
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No visual differentiation between those two at all. I used to be the same so have changed my habits so I switch between adaptive and sports individual.
OK, well I have one of these modules for sale if anyone wants one.

There is absolutely no way this is of use to me. I only use Sport +, and Sport Individual, that is absolutely it.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 01:39 PM   #81
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
OK, well I have one of these modules for sale if anyone wants one.

There is absolutely no way this is of use to me. I only use Sport +, and Sport Individual, that is absolutely it.
You still see the change to the drive select you are in for a moment on the centre display after you change, if you don't know what mode you are in you can always tap the select and it will display again but sport + is a fairly obvious setting unless you have individual settings replicating it
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 02:27 PM   #82
cyam
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You still see the change to the drive select you are in for a moment on the centre display after you change, if you don't know what mode you are in you can always tap the select and it will display again but sport + is a fairly obvious setting unless you have individual settings replicating it
Yeah i get that, but I need to see it at a glance.
My Sport Individual and Sport+ are exactly the same, only difference is I put gearbox in "Sport" in my Sport Individual.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 10:42 PM   #83
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Anyone who’s done this. I don’t suppose you happen to have made a note of exactly where each of the wires came from?

If so, fancy sharing the details?

I’m having some electrical problems and considering removing the module - but no idea where to put the wires back to.
See my previous post, I uploaded a proper wiring schematic (along with a video of the converging LEDs), from the video it’s possible to transpose the Can low and Can high.. Also possible to bend pins and not psh the connector back properly or not push the 4 pin connector home on the module
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2023, 10:18 AM   #84
Wet Fish
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
See my previous post, I uploaded a proper wiring schematic (along with a video of the converging LEDs), from the video it’s possible to transpose the Can low and Can high.. Also possible to bend pins and not psh the connector back properly or not push the 4 pin connector home on the module
Thanks. I think I might have used that schematic when I installed IIRC.

I think I’m getting power being drawn by something, and just want to rule this out by temporarily removing it.

Don’t suppose you know if there would be any problems in doing so? I’m guessing I’ll lose the m track display on sport mode, the dev gauge on HUD, and maybe even the converging LED towards the rev limit.
      03-13-2023, 10:48 PM   #85
cyam
Lieutenant
Rep

Ok so does anyone know of any way at all to code in displaying the active drive mode on the display with this M module?
Like with bimmercode.

I have the module but haven't installed it yet. I love the idea but I cannot use it if I can't see the current drive mode.

I have seen people code in the tri-color flag above the time in the normal dash (for those that don't have it by default), so I am hoping that if that can be done, we can code in displaying the drive mode - somewhere.

Really appreciate any insight.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 12:11 PM   #86
Wet Fish
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Ok so does anyone know of any way at all to code in displaying the active drive mode on the display with this M module?
Like with bimmercode.

I have the module but haven't installed it yet. I love the idea but I cannot use it if I can't see the current drive mode.

I have seen people code in the tri-color flag above the time in the normal dash (for those that don't have it by default), so I am hoping that if that can be done, we can code in displaying the drive mode - somewhere.

Really appreciate any insight.
I don’t think there’s any option for drive mode as it doesn’t exist on M cars. What they could have done, maybe, is use the squares that relate to gearbox settings if they could have emulated that in some way.

What I’d also want is to know what gear I’m in when in auto mode. I’ve seen that M cars do show that in the track mode, but it doesn’t on our cars.
      03-15-2023, 06:37 PM   #87
cyam
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I don’t think there’s any option for drive mode as it doesn’t exist on M cars. What they could have done, maybe, is use the squares that relate to gearbox settings if they could have emulated that in some way.

What I’d also want is to know what gear I’m in when in auto mode. I’ve seen that M cars do show that in the track mode, but it doesn’t on our cars.
YESSS I wish in normal "D" mode it had the gear number next to it as it does in S mode - I have always wanted THAT!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 06:44 PM   #88
Wet Fish
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
YESSS I wish in normal "D" mode it had the gear number next to it as it does in S mode - I have always wanted THAT!
Yeah. I don’t know if the M3 does that, but I’ve definitely seen that on other M cars with the same dash. I’d actually make that my default mode if it could do that. A massive improvement.

Surprised none of the modes show that on the standard dashboard.