Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Coding for G20

06-08-2020, 12:20 AM   #23
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Using BimmerCode and UniCarScan 2000, does anyone know how to code indicators into the HUD? I realize this would have to be performed in Expert mode.

I’m also looking for a cheat to add automatic lane change whilst in ACC lane departure mode. I seem to remember seeing a video from the US where this was possible (in a 7 series I believe).

Can anyone help or guide me to an Expert cheat sheet for use with BimmerCode. This would be for items that are not present in the current list of options in the standard version of BimmerCode.

Thanks.
      06-08-2020, 12:21 AM   #24
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by westozy View Post
She, (nor I) didn’t like it when the mirrors change angles when reversing, so took that off as well. Might put it back on later but at a lesser angle.
So you can control the angle from the app?

I can’t run to the car right now to check, but pretty sure there’s a button on the driver’s arm rest that switches this feature on and off.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 01:34 AM   #25
westozy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

Under Mirrors/Automatic mirror tilt/Automatic mirror tilt value.
Can go from 10% to 100%.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 02:33 AM   #26
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Under Mirrors/Automatic mirror tilt/Automatic mirror tilt value.
Can go from 10% to 100%.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 04:09 AM   #27
westozy
Private
Rep

Steve, don't know if this helps?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW Coding Parameters - F80+F82.pdf (72.5 KB, 804 views)
File Type: pdf F30_Coding_Reference_Guide_v1.7.pdf (260.8 KB, 863 views)
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2020, 04:34 AM   #28
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Steve, don't know if this helps?
Thanks for this, but I’m afraid the coding for the F30 etc doesn’t work on the G20.........different ECU’s.
      06-08-2020, 05:20 AM   #29
westozy
Private
Rep

ah yes, understand that.

might the template be similar though?

saw a tweek where upon unlocking the car the seat goes right back to aid in entering then goes forward to it's designated position.

was going to cherry pick thru the two files to see if anything is there regarding this.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 05:57 AM   #30
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitallust View Post
Just a little evening coding

I've got an April 2019 build, pre July where they introduced assisted driving view. Now I have it I'm stoked
Wow your display looks so good

Do you have to have Bimmmercode, to get that M symbol in the centre of your display ? or can you set it just normally through the menu
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 02:53 AM   #31
kabongSteve
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 340i xDrive

I'd done quite a bit of coding, with both BimmerCode and Esys using esysX.
My ODBII plug was not fully compatible with the G20 (fine on the F30 i had), but just ordered a new one, I can also use with the JB4+.

Apart from the usual, I also recoded
- full TPMS with pressure and temp and had the sensors installed
- increaded G-sensor limits
- "lane change assist"

thats great fun to use, simply flick the indicator to get the car to change lanes automatically while cruising.

Unfortunately, the OTA software update reset ALL my coding, so back to square one, and my laptop screen failed, so waiting on parts to get it going again before i can recode all my settings.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 05:21 AM   #32
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabongSteve View Post
I'd done quite a bit of coding, with both BimmerCode and Esys using esysX.
My ODBII plug was not fully compatible with the G20 (fine on the F30 i had), but just ordered a new one, I can also use with the JB4+.

Apart from the usual, I also recoded
- full TPMS with pressure and temp and had the sensors installed
- increaded G-sensor limits
- "lane change assist"

thats great fun to use, simply flick the indicator to get the car to change lanes automatically while cruising.

Unfortunately, the OTA software update reset ALL my coding, so back to square one, and my laptop screen failed, so waiting on parts to get it going again before i can recode all my settings.
Good stuff.
Did you use BimmerCode for the lame change assist?
If so, can you enlighten me how you did it.
Cheers.
      06-28-2020, 01:11 AM   #33
kabongSteve
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 340i xDrive

Sorry, I used Esys to do that coding. But when my new ODBII adaptor arrives i'll investigate if it can be done thru BimmerCode and let yoo know
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 10:00 PM   #34
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
BMW G20 Coding Cheat Sheets

I have been trawling BMW Forums for G20 coding cheats and found some (particularly from "jokinawa"), and have collated them in the attached PDF files.
I tried to upload an Excel spreadsheet but this is not allowed, hence I had to convert it to a PDF.

For those of you who would like to do some coding, I hope these files will help you.

I did an experiment last night and coded Comfort Plus using BimmerCode in Expert Mode. It all worked out well. I haven't actually tried out Comfort Plus yet, but I've heard it is a little more responsive than the standard version. You can access it while driving by pushing the Comfort Mode Button twice. Sport Plus works in the same manner.
You may have noticed an error triangle in the driving cockpit display. This occurred after coding and stated that there was a side lights failure. This has happened to several people and clears itself when you switch off and lock the car, and then re-enter the car....voila! No error code.

You can get BimmerCode Expert mode (named TestFlight) from Stephan Gauch, the BimmerCode author. It is free and he responds very quickly. Just send a Support Request through the BimmerCode App.

There are several codes that you guys might be interested in such as Sport Plus (if you no not have it), Assisted Driver View (if you do not have it) and Automatic Lane Change Assistant, Change Startup Mode to Adaptive, etc, etc.

You will be aware that several of the codes in the files are already available via the standard version of BimmerCode, but if you want something extra, these codes may help.

If you come across any additional codes, it would be good to collate them in one place, therefore, please send them to me and I will update the file for everyone.

Happy Coding!
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf BimmerCode - Some Cheats - July 2020.pdf (892.7 KB, 3058 views)
File Type: pdf BMW G20 Coding Cheat Sheet - July 2020.pdf (102.4 KB, 2344 views)
baturbo47.50
helmet91277.00
      07-10-2020, 10:05 PM   #35
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
By the way, I have not summed up the courage to try
CODING M-Mode………..by g20beam –
Work in Progress – Not stable at the moment – Jun 2020

I'm not sure I'm that brave yet.
      07-13-2020, 10:29 PM   #36
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
I tried out Comfort Plus today and can say that it is much zippier than standard Comfort mode.

I coded in Adaptive start-up mode (as I use this mode most frequently). That works well.

I also coded distance info in the HUD, but did not use Sat Nav on the drive today. I’ll comment on this when I next use Sat Nav.

Looking into Lane Change Assistant, I quickly realized the Module SAS2 is not supported by BimmerCode and therefore asked Stephan Gauch if he could assist. He replied very quickly that he would look into it and implement this facility in a future BimmerCode update.

One other thing I asked for was if it was possible to have indicators and what gear the car is in to be displayed in the HUD. Unfortunately, he believes this is not possible at the present time.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with BimmerCode Expert mode, but a few extra bits and bobs would be good. Certainly, coding with an iPhone is much easier than strapping in a laptop with E-Sys. This will be particularly useful when the OTA Software has been updated and various coding requires re-installation.
      07-13-2020, 11:46 PM   #37
westozy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
I tried out Comfort Plus today and can say that it is much zippier than standard Comfort mode.

I coded in Adaptive start-up mode (as I use this mode most frequently). That works well.

I also coded distance info in the HUD, but did not use Sat Nav on the drive today. I’ll comment on this when I next use Sat Nav.

Looking into Lane Change Assistant, I quickly realized the Module SAS2 is not supported by BimmerCode and therefore asked Stephan Gauch if he could assist. He replied very quickly that he would look into it and implement this facility in a future BimmerCode update.

One other thing I asked for was if it was possible to have indicators and what gear the car is in to be displayed in the HUD. Unfortunately, he believes this is not possible at the present time.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with BimmerCode Expert mode, but a few extra bits and bobs would be good. Certainly, coding with an iPhone is much easier than strapping in a laptop with E-Sys. This will be particularly useful when the OTA Software has been updated and various coding requires re-installation.
Steve, are you able to pass on how you coded the Adaptive start-up mode please.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 01:23 AM   #38
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Steve, are you able to pass on how you coded the Adaptive start-up mode please.

Cheers
Yep, it’s in the post I put up on Saturday. There are two PDF files. All the details are located there. One file is a general blurb, the second file is a list of different codes for different functions.
You will need BimmerCode Expert Mode (or E-Sys if you want to do some serious coding) and an OBDII connector (I used a UniCarScan 2000 Bluetooth).
      07-14-2020, 04:03 AM   #39
westozy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Yep, it’s in the post I put up on Saturday. There are two PDF files. All the details are located there. One file is a general blurb, the second file is a list of different codes for different functions.
You will need BimmerCode Expert Mode (or E-Sys if you want to do some serious coding) and an OBDII connector (I used a UniCarScan 2000 Bluetooth).
all good, found that you can change drive modes in normal bimmercode.

will leave expert mode for another day!!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 11:24 PM   #40
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW U11 iX1 Xdrive 30

I can't really tell what HUD distance info does differently to stock. Coded it today and had navigation set, but everything looks similar. Anyone able to tell me otherwise?

I'm also interested to see if traffic jam assist can be coded. I know our adaptive cruise with steering assist essentially does the same thing but I believe in the US market, it's a specific mode that allows hands off steering wheel for a longer period of time when the car is at low speed. It uses the infrared camera instead to detect inattention.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 06:25 PM   #41
rockblock
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShadowKiwi View Post
For all, I found this, tried and it failed for me.

- go into Expert Mode in KOMBI ECU
- search for each parameter (there is a search box)
- change
- Code
CB_FZG_UMGEBUNG_FAS: aktiv (01)
CB_PRESELECT_NAVI_ANSICHT_FZG_UMGEBUNG: aktiv (01)
PIA_FZG_UMGEBUNG_FAS: aktiv (01)
SICHT_ABSICHT_ENABLE: aktiv (01)

Sorry, what does coding give you...the assisted driving view?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 07:30 AM   #42
Steelers6891
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 330i MSport

Garage List
2014 335ix  [0.00]
Any way to code out the car horn from honking twice when you lock your car and the engines on? Every morning on the way to work I run into the store for coffee and have always left my car running and just lock the door. Now since I got my new car when you lock it the horn beeps twice it's so annoying

2020 330i M Sport
2017 X4 M40i *Retired*
2014 F30 335i M Sport *Retired*
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 05:37 PM   #43
BlackShadowKiwi
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 LCI M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockblock View Post
Sorry, what does coding give you...the assisted driving view?
.yes, assisted driving view
Retired: BMW F30 328i Sportline
Retired: BMW F20 125i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 01:51 AM   #44
Bris-M340i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

I'm using Bimmercode and it works perfectly. I have the Veepeak OBDCheck BLE scan tool and it works fine although there are a few more advanced features that I believe requires the Veepeak+ scan tool. I have managed to code the following:

- Sticky auto stop/start
- Turn of ASD (active sound)
- M-logo on startup
- Air circulation setting sticky
- Turn off volume control popup
- Turn off warning message on iDrive on startup

If anyone in Brisbane wants to use my kit feel free to PM me. It's extremely simply to set up with Bimmercode.
Appreciate 0