Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin iDrive Issues: 03/2020.40

05-09-2020, 08:32 PM   #1
ShadowMos3s
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

I got my 2019 330i serviced two days ago and noticed a few things missing/different in the iDrive since I got the car back.

1) Climate Control Rules is missing so I can't change settings for the heated seats to turn on at a certain temperature. I noticed because my heated steering wheel turned on during remote start but not the seats.

2) Apps - BMW Store is missing for me to get apps. All I have now is BMW Assist and Personal Assistant.

3) Weather app is missing again. It went away a few weeks ago and then it popped back up again.

Edit: I already tried to reboot the system. Nothing changes.

Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 08:36 PM   #2
Peter619
peter619
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 530i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMos3s View Post
I got my 2019 330i serviced two days ago and noticed a few things missing/different in the iDrive since I got the car back.

1) Climate Control Rules is missing so I can't change settings for the heated seats to turn on at a certain temperature. I noticed because my heated steering wheel turned on during remote start but not the seats.

2) Apps - BMW Store is missing for me to get apps. All I have now is BMW Assist and Personal Assistant.

3) Weather app is missing again. It went away a few weeks ago and then it popped back up again.

Any suggestions?
Whenever I have an issue, I reboot the entire system. Press the volume button and hold it in until the system restarts. To my knowledge, that's the only way that you can interact with the system to fix any issues.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 05:31 PM   #3
MurrayB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340ix

Under what conditions do the reboot? Sitting in the car awake from entering with comfort access or engine running? Does the I-drive need to be set anywhere?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0