Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK New 330d MHT xdrive touring

09-30-2021, 02:00 AM   #23
Corp
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d MHT xdrive touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG21 View Post
That’s fantastic I’ve got the same car have loved the BMW 6 cylinder diesel for years starting with the E39 m sport touring which I personally think was one of if not best car BMW made, by the way what mode have you got the car set eg g/b,engine etc.to achieve that high mpg?
Just using the eco mode with no modifications. I have learnt to maximise the coasting abilities of the mild hybrid. It really is very impressive for a big diesel.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 06:55 AM   #24
MikeG21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G31 520d

Corp, you’re absolutely right that MHT technology is magical 50 mile round trip up in the hills of North Yorkshire last night not nursing the car still got nigh on 50mph it’s the disconnecting the engine from the transmission and coasting that does it. I’ve had many 6 pot BMW diesels over the years and this is the best it performs as good if not better than a 435d xdrive msport I had mph excepted.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 06:24 AM   #25
AshM340d
Rep
Drives: G20 M340d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corp View Post
Hi folks! My first post after purchasing my 330d in June. I came from a Merc C Class 250d. Owned lots of BMs and Audis over the years and out of the brands, I have found BMW to be engineered better and has the most fluidity to the chassis and overall enjoyment.

My Mineral White car has nearly done a 1000 miles now! So far it has been brilliant; a killer combination of performance and economy. Today coming back from a 6 mile drive (30s and 40s), I averaged 73.4 mpg - witchcraft! I think this must be one of the benefits of the mild hybrid system. It just switches stuff off and maintains coasting. Easily get over 60s on a run.

The performance is whip crack sharp and relentless. Engine is ultra quiet on start and cruising, but gives a great 6 snarl on full load. Again the mild hybrid delivers a zero lag experience. It’s a fantastic engine and just delivers everywhere.

Love the tech stuff in the car - although it’s a bit confusing at first - as in so many different ways to see the same thing. The HK sound system is pretty awesome. The car was pretty much kitted right up with about 10k options. Even a lovely folding tow bar!

One thing was an absolute pain in the arse…a bloody rattle from the rear. Took me 3 weeks to work out exactly where it was coming from. It was where the little window hatch at the back was vibrating on the plastic. A little foam pad sorted it until I take it in. Now back to silence and one serene ride. Lovely

So, great to join the ace forum and look forward to reading your posts, folks!

Cheers!
Did you ever get BMW to sort the rear glass hatch rattle, I have the same thing and it also took me ages to work it out, I also have a foam pad to stop it lol
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 07:45 AM   #26
Corp
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash330e View Post
Did you ever get BMW to sort the rear glass hatch rattle, I have the same thing and it also took me ages to work it out, I also have a foam pad to stop it lol
Glad you found it, and temp sorted it. I have not taken it in yet, but will do at some point. Reckon it will be easy to fix. The foam continues to work for me!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 11:00 AM   #27
AshM340d
Rep

Quote:
Glad you found it, and temp sorted it. I have not taken it in yet, but will do at some point. Reckon it will be easy to fix. The foam continues to work for me!
Yeah drove me nuts for a few days...

What type of foam did you buy/use? Did you put it all the way around where the glass touches or just in certain places?

I got a microfiber sponge stuffed in-between the right side at the moment LOL
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 08:54 AM   #28
Corp
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash330e View Post
Yeah drove me nuts for a few days...

What type of foam did you buy/use? Did you put it all the way around where the glass touches or just in certain places?

I got a microfiber sponge stuffed in-between the right side at the moment LOL
I used some little rectangle sticky pads, found in the supermarket. Trying to post a pic of where I put them, but can’t!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 03:45 AM   #29
AshM340d
Rep

Quote:
I used some little rectangle sticky pads, found in the supermarket. Trying to post a pic of where I put them, but can’t!
Thanks mate, I thought mine was rattling on the corners, which is where I stuck the sponge for now lol
Will try some general foam tape around there and the latch 👍
Appreciate 0