Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Wheels and Tires What ETs will work with the G20

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-15-2020, 04:29 AM   #1
Mazman
Private First Class
176
Rep
148
Posts

Drives: slow
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

What ETs will work with the G20

I am about to pull the trigger on a set with the following specs

8.5"et32 front with 9.5"et40 19", the wheels are Ispiri FFR1 in matte satin bronze

I have the M-sport package with the adaptive m-suspension.
Will these specs work?

ET32 on the fronts and ET40 on the rears are to conservative?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
   
__________________

Last edited by Mazman; 02-15-2020 at 04:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 09:45 AM   #2
Preciseyyc
Private First Class
Preciseyyc's Avatar
Canada
114
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: F15 35i G20 m340
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Calgary Alberta

iTrader: (0)

I can't remember my exact front specs but I Believe we're doing around 12mm more poke then stock with an 8.5.
Rear I'm doing 10.5 with a plus 50.
I'll have 255/30/20 and 295/25/20
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 01:22 AM   #3
Mazman
Private First Class
176
Rep
148
Posts

Drives: slow
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the input

What ET are you running on the fronts?
So with 1" wider wheel and ET50 how do reckon 9.5" with 40 would look?

Are you sitting flush with 10.5/50?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciseyyc View Post
I can't remember my exact front specs but I Believe we're doing around 12mm more poke then stock with an 8.5.
Rear I'm doing 10.5 with a plus 50.
I'll have 255/30/20 and 295/25/20
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 10:14 AM   #4
Preciseyyc
Private First Class
Preciseyyc's Avatar
Canada
114
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: F15 35i G20 m340
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Calgary Alberta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazman View Post
Thanks for the input

What ET are you running on the fronts?
So with 1" wider wheel and ET50 how do reckon 9.5" with 40 would look?

Are you sitting flush with 10.5/50?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciseyyc View Post
I can't remember my exact front specs but I Believe we're doing around 12mm more poke then stock with an 8.5.
Rear I'm doing 10.5 with a plus 50.
I'll have 255/30/20 and 295/25/20
My wheels aren't here yet and won't be for around 3.5 or 4 months they're being made overseas.

I don't have my specs written down, shop ordering my wheels does.

What I'd suggest for you is look up your oem specs of the wheels, and then punch them in on will they fit, or some other fitment calculator, and then look at the comparison to give you an idea.

I can tell you mine will be fairly aggressive, not to everyone's preference but I like pushing the limits to what will fit especially when lowered, But my wheel itself will pass the top edge of the fender around 1-2mm at stock height/alignment, but I will have a conservative stretch. So all rubber will be within the wheel well.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 08:51 PM   #5
Wyndi335I
First Lieutenant
Wyndi335I's Avatar
United_States
159
Rep
317
Posts

Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Glen Allen, Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciseyyc View Post
My wheels aren't here yet and won't be for around 3.5 or 4 months they're being made overseas.

I don't have my specs written down, shop ordering my wheels does.

What I'd suggest for you is look up your oem specs of the wheels, and then punch them in on will they fit, or some other fitment calculator, and then look at the comparison to give you an idea.

I can tell you mine will be fairly aggressive, not to everyone's preference but I like pushing the limits to what will fit especially when lowered, But my wheel itself will pass the top edge of the fender around 1-2mm at stock height/alignment, but I will have a conservative stretch. So all rubber will be within the wheel well.
I am thinking of going with a 245/40r20.. 275/35r20. I am not lowering and I want a beefy look and want to protect rims somewhat from pot holes. Based on dealer website, it should fit but I haven't seen anyone run this setup on a 3 series.
Are you concerned with the very low profile?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 10:57 PM   #6
Preciseyyc
Private First Class
Preciseyyc's Avatar
Canada
114
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: F15 35i G20 m340
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Calgary Alberta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndi335I View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciseyyc View Post
My wheels aren't here yet and won't be for around 3.5 or 4 months they're being made overseas.

I don't have my specs written down, shop ordering my wheels does.

What I'd suggest for you is look up your oem specs of the wheels, and then punch them in on will they fit, or some other fitment calculator, and then look at the comparison to give you an idea.

I can tell you mine will be fairly aggressive, not to everyone's preference but I like pushing the limits to what will fit especially when lowered, But my wheel itself will pass the top edge of the fender around 1-2mm at stock height/alignment, but I will have a conservative stretch. So all rubber will be within the wheel well.
I am thinking of going with a 245/40r20.. 275/35r20. I am not lowering and I want a beefy look and want to protect rims somewhat from pot holes. Based on dealer website, it should fit but I haven't seen anyone run this setup on a 3 series.
Are you concerned with the very low profile?
Nah I'm not worried about it. We have shit roads here but stock 20s aren't much better anyways.
If you have lots of potholes and run cheap quality wheels you may be more prone to cracked or bent wheels, or bulging tires. But worth the risk IMO. 19s just look so small everyone thinks it's on 18s.

My only advice is stay as close to oem diameter as possible for Speedo accuracy, and don't vary front ti back diameters more than the allowable 1% I Believe it is
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 02:09 PM   #7
Wyndi335I
First Lieutenant
Wyndi335I's Avatar
United_States
159
Rep
317
Posts

Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Glen Allen, Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciseyyc View Post
Nah I'm not worried about it. We have shit roads here but stock 20s aren't much better anyways.
If you have lots of potholes and run cheap quality wheels you may be more prone to cracked or bent wheels, or bulging tires. But worth the risk IMO. 19s just look so small everyone thinks it's on 18s.

My only advice is stay as close to oem diameter as possible for Speedo accuracy, and don't vary front ti back diameters more than the allowable 1% I Believe it is
Yeah, you are right. I was even thinking of 255/35 and 285/30 for car. Cant wait to see your wheels on car and also love the color of yours too.
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2020, 02:16 PM   #8
Preciseyyc
Private First Class
Preciseyyc's Avatar
Canada
114
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: F15 35i G20 m340
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Calgary Alberta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndi335I View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciseyyc View Post
Nah I'm not worried about it. We have shit roads here but stock 20s aren't much better anyways.
If you have lots of potholes and run cheap quality wheels you may be more prone to cracked or bent wheels, or bulging tires. But worth the risk IMO. 19s just look so small everyone thinks it's on 18s.

My only advice is stay as close to oem diameter as possible for Speedo accuracy, and don't vary front ti back diameters more than the allowable 1% I Believe it is
Yeah, you are right. I was even thinking of 255/35 and 285/30 for car. Cant wait to see your wheels on car and also love the color of yours too.
Thanks, can't wait for them too come either.
Hopefully not too much if any delays with them with this whole virus thing as they're being built in Japan and then need to be shipped over, ETA at time of ordering was late April or sometime in May, so far no word of delays, hopefully it stays that way.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST