Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G80 M3 / G82 M4 Forum (2019+) Estimated G80 starting MSRP

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-29-2019, 07:16 PM   #23
thermalc
Private
50
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: m4
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: bmw

iTrader: (0)

The M3 will without a doubt include more carbon fiber in its construction. I expect it to be a few thousand more than the X3M.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 11:27 AM   #24
hans007
Captain
487
Rep
987
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M340i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4BR13L View Post
Why not just compare the MSRP?

M340i xDrive = $56,000
X3 M40i = $54,650

So the MSRP for the X3 M40i is $1,350 less than the MSRP for the M340i. Under the assumption that the MSRP for the X3 M is going to be $69,900 we can guess that the MSRP for the M3 will be approximately $71,250. In my post from the 14th I estimated that the MSRP for the M3 would be $70,245.
I'd guess it will be closer. the x3 m40i MSRP is for 2019 and no doubt it'll be a little more for 2020.

once they add the new engine etc to it BMW will probably raise the price not to mention just normal inflation
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 11:36 PM   #25
antzcrashing
Colonel
antzcrashing's Avatar
United_States
574
Rep
2,045
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eastern MA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Please confirm it will be affordable, thats way more important.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 06:36 AM   #26
Hegge
First Lieutenant
215
Rep
389
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition
Join Date: May 2015
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Please confirm it will be affordable, thats way more important.
I'm sure a price increase is coming to the G Series M3 and M4 especially the AWD Competition versions.
Appreciate 2
      12-08-2019, 01:17 PM   #27
solstice
Brigadier General
1607
Rep
4,601
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
I'm sure a price increase is coming to the G Series M3 and M4 especially the AWD Competition versions.
While not the average I will not be surprised if we see the the final sales price including taxes etc. before discounts starting with a 9 for some of those and an average after discounts in the low 80s for M4C AWD the 1st year.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 05:33 PM   #28
Wills2
Barge driver
Wills2's Avatar
United Kingdom
6169
Rep
10,533
Posts

Drives: X3M
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
While not the average I will not be surprised if we see the the final sales price including taxes etc. before discounts starting with a 9 for some of those and an average after discounts in the low 80s for M4C AWD the 1st year.
M4C won't be anymore than the X4MC I'd look at the differential between the G20 and G01 and work from there, probably a few K lower for the M4C vs X4MC.

In the UK the X4MC is £80k so I'd expect the M4C to be around £77k, X3MC is 77k so M3C around £75k
__________________
X3M/Z4C, Gone G11 740d xdrive/F80 M3/F10 M5/F31 335d/e92 M3 x 2/F10 520d x 2/997 C2S/e46 M3/e46 320d/SL320/Touareg 3.2V6/Audi allroad 2.7TDi
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 05:38 PM   #29
solstice
Brigadier General
1607
Rep
4,601
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
M4C won't be anymore than the X4MC I'd look at the differential between the G20 and G01 and work from there, probably a few K lower for the M4C vs X4MC.

In the UK the X4MC is £80k so I'd expect the M4C to be around £77k, X3MC is 77k so M3C around £75k
I think the trick M-Xdrive system could be significantly costlier than the X4Mís system and that there will be additional costlier weight saving measures (CF,CFRP,ALU) in the G8X. It will likely add up to a few grand towards the sale price.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 05:44 PM   #30
Wills2
Barge driver
Wills2's Avatar
United Kingdom
6169
Rep
10,533
Posts

Drives: X3M
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I think the trick M-Xdrive system could be significantly costlier than the X4M’s system and that there will be additional costlier weight saving measures (CF,CFRP,ALU) in the G8X. It will likely add up to a few grand towards the sale price.
X3/4M already has the M5's M-xdrive system....they just didn't tick the software box for RWD which makes sense in an SAV, M5 has carbon roof still cheaper than X5M
__________________
X3M/Z4C, Gone G11 740d xdrive/F80 M3/F10 M5/F31 335d/e92 M3 x 2/F10 520d x 2/997 C2S/e46 M3/e46 320d/SL320/Touareg 3.2V6/Audi allroad 2.7TDi
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 05:50 PM   #31
solstice
Brigadier General
1607
Rep
4,601
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
X3/4M already has the M5's M-xdrive system....they just didn't tick the software box for RWD which makes sense in an SAV, M5 has carbon roof still cheaper than X5M
I didnít know they were identical bar a software feature. You live you learn . I hope you are right with an equal or lower price for the M4.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 06:03 PM   #32
Wills2
Barge driver
Wills2's Avatar
United Kingdom
6169
Rep
10,533
Posts

Drives: X3M
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I didnít know they were identical bar a software feature. You live you learn . I hope you are right with an equal or lower price for the M4.
Same gearbox and M diff and the same M xdrive system with 2 modes rather than 3 because they didn't see that people would want an 2WD SAV, brakes from the M760i and the seats from the M8, but it's all about market position rather than the trim and kit.

Heh if they think they can charge more for the M4 they will, plus it might come with more power than the 510ps in the X4MC you never know.

But when you look at the pricing strategy across the range it makes sense that the M3/4 are slightly cheaper than the SAV version.
__________________
X3M/Z4C, Gone G11 740d xdrive/F80 M3/F10 M5/F31 335d/e92 M3 x 2/F10 520d x 2/997 C2S/e46 M3/e46 320d/SL320/Touareg 3.2V6/Audi allroad 2.7TDi
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 06:16 PM   #33
solstice
Brigadier General
1607
Rep
4,601
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Same gearbox and M diff and the same M xdrive system with 2 modes rather than 3 because they didn't see that people would want an 2WD SAV, brakes from the M760i and the seats from the M8, but it's all about market position rather than the trim and kit.

Heh if they think they can charge more for the M4 they will, plus it might come with more power than the 510ps in the X4MC you never know.

But when you look at the pricing strategy across the range it makes sense that the M3/4 are slightly cheaper than the SAV version.
The G80 M3 looks very fast and composed in ring spy shots. If it turns out to be eye-popping fast there could be a fee to pay vs. a SAV with no serious track ambitions especially if those fast times come from higher end chassis components and materials.

Last edited by solstice; 12-09-2019 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 07:36 AM   #34
kyrix1st
Major
kyrix1st's Avatar
Japan
757
Rep
1,068
Posts

Drives: E36 M3 Euro, E36/7, E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Kyoto

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
I'd gladly pay 90K if it comes with all the goodies the previous generation had. On the other hand, I refuse to pay more than what F8x M3/M4 cost simply because the car has more power.
__________________
Pass me if you can.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 08:56 AM   #35
OF Hero
Captain
United_States
426
Rep
670
Posts

Drives: F80!
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Columbus, OH

iTrader: (3)

My guess is M3 G80 Comp AWD auto with a simple exec pack will be right at $80k which isn't too much different than what an F80 ZCP + exec + DCT would cost.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 08:59 AM   #36
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
CosmosMpower's Avatar
1859
Rep
3,644
Posts

Drives: F80, F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frisco, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
I will be doing these mods right away (guessing $30K additional cost):

- Full Exhaust with down pipes
- Intake
- Wheels
- KW
- Cosmetic
- Tune
Just go buy a 911
Appreciate 2
M3Fahrer165.50
JTO242483.00

      12-12-2019, 07:57 AM   #37
Brasko
#LSBM3
Brasko's Avatar
No_Country
1278
Rep
1,898
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW M3 CP
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Oregon / Florida

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2003 Mitsubishi Evo  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
So we'll be seeing close to $90k for a nicely equipped Competition model and easily $100k+ for loaded individual models.
That's almost on par with F80 prices.
__________________


2016 Laguna Seca Blue /// M3 CP -- AntonioBrasko.com -- IG: @AntonioBrasko
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 06:18 PM   #38
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
1618
Rep
2,220
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
I will be doing these mods right away (guessing $30K additional cost):

- Full Exhaust with down pipes
- Intake
- Wheels
- KW
- Cosmetic
- Tune
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Just go buy a 911
I think it's fairly obvious that buying the "biggest badge" for their money is not the point here. People like that usually can afford cars that are much more expensive and do that because they like modifying cars or because they want to look a bit more modest.

Or maybe they just really want a sedan.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 01:27 PM   #39
OF Hero
Captain
United_States
426
Rep
670
Posts

Drives: F80!
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Columbus, OH

iTrader: (3)

Also for this price point can BMW please put in a legit steering wheel on their M cars? The M5, M8 etc all have such ugly, entry level looks to them. I know they're going to sell another M performance wheel but this is such a simple touch.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 05:35 PM   #40
khanyam4
Major
khanyam4's Avatar
Cambodia
478
Rep
1,415
Posts

Drives: NA
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: 33.7743į N, 117.9380į W

iTrader: (0)

If you can afford a nicely equipped brand new F80 M3 or F82 M4 or F83 M4. I'm quite positive you'll be fine with the G80 or G82 or G83.
Appreciate 1
JTO242483.00

      12-16-2019, 09:20 AM   #41
RPM33
First Lieutenant
101
Rep
316
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanyam4 View Post
If you can afford a nicely equipped brand new F80 M3 or F82 M4 or F83 M4. I'm quite positive you'll be fine with the G80 or G82 or G83.
Exactly. The next M3 and M4 are not coming out until early 2021 so over a year away. Start saving some cash now for a decent downpayment.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 10:08 PM   #42
M-SP0RT
Lieutenant
M-SP0RT's Avatar
United_States
82
Rep
508
Posts

Drives: 335i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
Exactly. The next M3 and M4 are not coming out until early 2021 so over a year away. Start saving some cash now for a decent downpayment.
That's what ive been doing for over a year now, and as you said I still got a year

$
$$
$$$
$$$$
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 04:11 PM   #43
Wills2
Barge driver
Wills2's Avatar
United Kingdom
6169
Rep
10,533
Posts

Drives: X3M
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4BR13L View Post
Why not just compare the MSRP?

M340i xDrive = $56,000
X3 M40i = $54,650

So the MSRP for the X3 M40i is $1,350 less than the MSRP for the M340i. Under the assumption that the MSRP for the X3 M is going to be $69,900 we can guess that the MSRP for the M3 will be approximately $71,250. In my post from the 14th I estimated that the MSRP for the M3 would be $70,245.
Because in different markets that's not the case, the X3 M40i is £54k base in the UK vs 50k base for the M340i touring...again showing that the X3 version is more expensive, every single model of the X3 is more than the G21 version (which makes sense) the M3 isn't going to be more expensive than the X3M, in UK at least.
__________________
X3M/Z4C, Gone G11 740d xdrive/F80 M3/F10 M5/F31 335d/e92 M3 x 2/F10 520d x 2/997 C2S/e46 M3/e46 320d/SL320/Touareg 3.2V6/Audi allroad 2.7TDi
Appreciate 1
JTO242483.00

      02-02-2020, 07:10 AM   #44
F85MTuNED
Captain
F85MTuNED's Avatar
518
Rep
699
Posts

Drives: ///Ⓜ️
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NY / NJ

iTrader: (0)

Fully optioned, the car is going to be $90-$100k.
__________________
IM POOR..
Appreciate 1
Miko M5581.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST