Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Suspension / Chassis / Brakes Replacing m sport suspension

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-26-2019, 05:40 AM   #1
ballisma
Private
25
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: G20 330i
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Replacing m sport suspension

It seems like no one in the UK can retrofit the adaptive suspension for my G20 3 series
The ride is simply too harsh for my wife and kids on 19"wheels in the UKs dodgy roads
I enjoy the m sport suspension 5% of the time when I'm alone driving the car

As a result I a looking for a replacement option to give me the comfort feel you would get from the adaptive suspension
Does anyone know of a product and a garage that can quote me to fit any of the following?
1. A fixed aftermarket suspension to replicate the comfort/SE ride quality?
2. A variable adaptive option to replicate the adaptive bmw suspension?
3. A UK BMW dealer who can retrofit bmw adaptive suspension within warranty?

Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 08:44 AM   #2
Pauleebe
Colonel
Pauleebe's Avatar
United_States
332
Rep
2,221
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisma View Post
It seems like no one in the UK can retrofit the adaptive suspension for my G20 3 series
The ride is simply too harsh for my wife and kids on 19"wheels in the UKs dodgy roads
I enjoy the m sport suspension 5% of the time when I'm alone driving the car

As a result I a looking for a replacement option to give me the comfort feel you would get from the adaptive suspension
Does anyone know of a product and a garage that can quote me to fit any of the following?
1. A fixed aftermarket suspension to replicate the comfort/SE ride quality?
2. A variable adaptive option to replicate the adaptive bmw suspension?
3. A UK BMW dealer who can retrofit bmw adaptive suspension within warranty?

Thanks again
My understanding is there are no aftermarket options for adaptive suspension (2), and dealers have commented that adaptive suspension cannot be retrofitted (3).

I'm unaware of options for (1), but I think this has been asked before. Try searching the forum to see if others have provided aftermarket suggestions. The model is also pretty new so aftermarket options may be limited.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 03:17 PM   #3
ballisma
Private
25
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: G20 330i
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauleebe View Post
My understanding is there are no aftermarket options for adaptive suspension (2), and dealers have commented that adaptive suspension cannot be retrofitted (3).

I'm unaware of options for (1), but I think this has been asked before. Try searching the forum to see if others have provided aftermarket suggestions. The model is also pretty new so aftermarket options may be limited.
Thanks Pauleebe
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2019, 03:22 PM   #4
StevenDS85
I ///M Fan
Belgium
53
Rep
129
Posts

Drives: BMW 330i M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Easy solition. Replace the 19 inch RFT with 18 inch non RFT and cou have all the comfort you want. Another alternative can be to trade in your sporty BMW 3 with a Mercedes C class ;-)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 02:33 AM   #5
ballisma
Private
25
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: G20 330i
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDS85 View Post
Easy solition. Replace the 19 inch RFT with 18 inch non RFT and cou have all the comfort you want. Another alternative can be to trade in your sporty BMW 3 with a Mercedes C class ;-)
Point taken
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 03:39 PM   #6
vladmury
First Lieutenant
vladmury's Avatar
Denmark
86
Rep
346
Posts

Drives: 325d E90 LCI M-sport
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Denmark

iTrader: (0)

Agree, if you switch to 18" non runflat you solve the problem.

Styling 790M looks good with 45 sidewall. 225/45/18 front
255/40/18 rear
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST