Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by spederd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
For somebody who claims to be a long time lurker, you sure don't pay attention to the largest elephant in the room. BMW's oversized kidney grill design change for the new 4/M3/M4 has been the hottest topic for MONTHS.

You didn't answer my question. When BMW unveils the large grill 4 Series tonight, are you going to come back into this thread and admit you were wrong?
I did pay attention believe me, I saw those previous renders too.

I will be glad to admit it that I was wrong, I hope I wont have to.
Good man!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 01:45 PM   #244
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I have been reading bimmerpost for some years now, on and off, but had to register to reply to this thread.

Would you just stop posting these ugly renders with these stupid commentary?

Everyone knows it is not going to look like this, because BMW would stop selling M3/M4s.

But yet you guys had to post another horrendous render just for the sake of increasing traffic. There have been some nice designs by fans, you just really have to post this ugly renders.

So, please stop.

We will see the real deal at IAA anyway soon.
So when you're proven wrong, will you come back into this thread and admit it?
People are entitled not to like something and to be in complete disbelief accordingly.

If these grills turn out as posted, take that master list of yours and light a Cigar...

Until then maybe consider dialing it down a couple notches.
I'll consider it, but likely not. It's entertaining!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 01:45 PM   #245
spederd
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daaan View Post
In one thing I agree, I don't like it neither!

But on the other hand, why would BMW hide something „not real" behind the camo on the test mules? Sureley not to make people upset and unneccesarley spread bad words around, only to be able to say later — haha, we trolled you all!

The testmules revealed enough to clearly see that the new grille will be looking close to the renders. There are a lot of guys here that have good connections with BMW and confirmed that it will look similar to this, a lot of old renders of the F models at a similar development stage that turned out to be 95% accurate in the end.

So I don't get why some still beleive the front will look completely different than on the renders...only because the don't like it or think it is ugly...

Change is coming, and not everybody is going to like it, as always
I still think it will be more close to the design of the G20, as it used be in the past too - sedan v coupe.

+With so many grill designs already on the market, why would they introduce another one?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 01:56 PM   #246
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

But on the other hand, why would BMW hide something "not real" behind the camo on the test mules? Sureley not to make people upset and unneccesarley spread bad words around, only to be able to say later — haha, we trolled you all!

The testmules revealed enough to clearly see that the new grille will be looking close to the renders. There are a lot of guys here that have good connections with BMW and confirmed that it will look similar to this, a lot of old renders of the F models at a similar development stage that turned out to be 95% accurate in the end.

So I don't get why some still beleive the front will look completely different than on the renders...only because the don't like it or think it is ugly...

I still think it will be more close to the design of the G20, as it used be in the past too - sedan v coupe.

+With so many grill designs already on the market, why would they introduce another one?
No rhyme or reason to it. BMW wants to be super progressive with design and shock the industry; get ahead of the design curve. It looks like they'll definitely differentiate themselves with this design. People will love it or hate it.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 01:58 PM   #247
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

I don't think the grille is going to look anything like that. In the recent camo shots, you can clearly see the bottom of the grille in a traditional shape. They might extend lower after the bumper, but they definitely don't look like one piece.
      09-09-2019, 02:01 PM   #248
nublu2u
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS

Not like BMW to take a risk on a high volume platform, but that is super ugly. Once you get past the shock it’s still ugly, and if you need to convince yourself it’s okay, then it’s ugly! Once you see enough of them it may become less offensive. Shame, next gen M3/ M4 were shaping up nicely.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 02:10 PM   #249
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Quote:

But on the other hand, why would BMW hide something "not real" behind the camo on the test mules? Sureley not to make people upset and unneccesarley spread bad words around, only to be able to say later — haha, we trolled you all!

I wish they would, but this time (as stated by Jason, Scott26) it won't follow that way, as it has been a demand to have more differentiation between the „normal" and M cars, and they listened (good or not is another thing )

But soon we will know more
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 02:12 PM   #250
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbryce View Post
I don't think the grille is going to look anything like that. In the recent camo shots, you can clearly see the bottom of the grille in a traditional shape. They might extend lower after the bumper, but they definitely don't look like one piece.
Quoted!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 02:31 PM   #251
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have been reading bimmerpost for some years now, on and off, but had to register to reply to this thread.

Everyone knows it is not going to look like this, because BMW would stop selling M3/M4s.

But yet you guys had to post another horrendous render just for the sake of increasing traffic. There have been some nice designs by fans, you just really have to post this ugly renders.

So, please stop.

People are entitled not to like something and to be in complete disbelief accordingly.

If these grills turn out as posted, take that master list of yours and light a Cigar...

Are you not entertained ⁉️

Maybe pull over Alex Choi you'll be on YouTube in a heartbeat ‼️
      09-09-2019, 02:47 PM   #252
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

I dunno the renders are starting to feel very accurate... look at the bottom portion of the grill area in the spy pic from Spain:

Now look at that same area in the render:

The "meshy" black plastic portions on either side of the central grill area pretty much align with what we see in the spy pic. Just picture some the grill portion with some body color covering and it aligns pretty well with the render... except the render has horizontal grill slats (as seen in the other M3 spy pics) instead of vertical seen in the spy pic above.
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown (sold)
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 02:51 PM   #253
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
I dunno the renders are starting to feel very accurate... look at the bottom portion of the grill area in the spy pic from Spain:
[IMG]https://cdn.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...8;d=1567095383[/IMG]

Now look at that same area in the render:
[IMG]https://cdn.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...8;d=1567956952[/IMG]

The "meshy" black plastic portions on either side of the central grill area pretty much align with what we see in the spy pic. Just picture some the grill portion with some body color covering and it aligns pretty well with the render... except the render has horizontal grill slats (as seen in the other M3 spy pics) instead of vertical seen in the spy pic above.
SCOTT26 stated that those were older test mules, hence the mangled mutant front end (...half G20 and half of the new front end).
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 02:53 PM   #254
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So, please stop.

Are you not entertained ⁉️

Maybe pull over Alex Choi you'll be on YouTube in a heartbeat ‼️
LOL! I try to stay away from being in uniform on YouTube, but if it happens, it happens.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN13117.00
      09-09-2019, 02:55 PM   #255
IM2C
Major General
Rep
Drives: ∞ Improbability Drive

Quote:
For somebody who claims to be a long time lurker, you sure don't pay attention to the largest elephant in the room. BMW's oversized kidney grill design change for the new 4/M3/M4 has been the hottest topic for MONTHS.

You didn't answer my question. When BMW unveils the large grill 4 Series tonight, are you going to come back into this thread and admit you were wrong?
What exactly do you mean by "tonight"? Where online can we follow the unraveling?
      09-09-2019, 03:02 PM   #256
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
SCOTT26 stated that those were older test mules, hence the mangled mutant front end (...half G20 and half of the new front end).
Right, but I took it as the G20 "upper" grills were there as a decoy of sorts and the bottom "lower" grill section was the real deal... it's all for naught anyway since we'll see the concept in a few hours but this was more or less me confirming the big grill stance
2015 F80 M3 DCT | Tanzanite Blue | Gold Brown (sold)
2013 E92 M3 6MT | Mineral White | Fox Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24821.50
      09-09-2019, 03:03 PM   #257
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0011 View Post
Quote:

What exactly do you mean by "tonight"? Where online can we follow the unraveling?
The event will start at the regular time in Frankfurt, which is around 11:30PM PST.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 03:05 PM   #258
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Right, but I took it as the G20 "upper" grills were there as a decoy of sorts and the bottom "lower" grill section was the real deal... it's all for naught anyway since we'll see the concept in a few hours but this was more or less me confirming the big grill stance
You'd be correct Sir! Upper decoy, lower real deal.......even though it sort of looks like the lower portion is a cover over the true lower grill. Damn camo! Lol!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 03:11 PM   #259
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You'd be correct Sir! Upper decoy, lower real deal.......even though it sort of looks like the lower portion is a cover over the true lower grill. Damn camo! Lol!
The lower portion isn't even the bumper cover, rather, it's the support, channel guide/ducting that goes behind.
Appreciate 1
JTO245246.50
      09-09-2019, 03:12 PM   #260
Ellazzar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

They're going at it again with that grille ...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 03:18 PM   #261
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellazzar View Post
They're going at it again with that grille ...
Admit it. It's growing on you.:P
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 03:20 PM   #262
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 18 Tanzanite Blue F80 ZCP

for some reason it reminds me of this...

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 03:23 PM   #263
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post
For some reason it reminds me of this...

[IMG]https://d32c3oe4bky4k6.cloudfront.ne...346024AFF77E42[/IMG]
Good Lord, you desperately need some sleep ‼️
      09-09-2019, 03:23 PM   #264
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
People have been calling the 3 Series bloated ever since the E46, yet they continue to buy every successive ///M. Some have had multiple E46's, E9X's and F8X's. I guess talk is pretty cheap these days. :P I'm also keeping a running list of those who claim they won't buy the new car. We'll see who is all talk and who stands by their word and moves to Porsche or some other marquee.
Likely the same ratio who made good on the promise to move to Canada after the last election...
Appreciate 0