Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs) Which Tire Dressing do you all use that doesn't 'sling'?

09-08-2019, 11:36 PM   #1
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Which Tire Dressing do you all use that doesn't 'sling'?

Curious to hear from you all what tire dressing you all use? I currently got the Chemical Guys VRP and have used it on my new 2019 Alpine White 330i M-Sport.

Problem is, like every other tire dressing I've used, it 'slings' onto the body once you drive off.... Not only is that the problem but if you leave it there long enough, it stains the paint slightly with a small yellowish spot wherever it slings. The yellowish stain cannot come off.

Upset I got a few of them on my rear quarter panel, its unnoticable to most, but obviously you notice every small thing on your own car.

It says this tire dressing doesn't sling but, it does. It's even water based. What do you all use?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 01:13 PM   #2
Wmzorba09
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw M340 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Curious to hear from you all what tire dressing you all use? I currently got the Chemical Guys VRP and have used it on my new 2019 Alpine White 330i M-Sport.

Problem is, like every other tire dressing I've used, it 'slings' onto the body once you drive off.... Not only is that the problem but if you leave it there long enough, it stains the paint slightly with a small yellowish spot wherever it slings. The yellowish stain cannot come off.

Upset I got a few of them on my rear quarter panel, its unnoticable to most, but obviously you notice every small thing on your own car.

It says this tire dressing doesn't sling but, it does. It's even water based. What do you all use?
I use chemical guys but I let it dry before I drive so there is no sling
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 02:12 PM   #3
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmzorba09 View Post
Quote:

I use chemical guys but I let it dry before I drive so there is no sling
I let it dry overnight as well, but still caused sling... maybe because I did 2-3 coats to get that wet black look?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 10:49 AM   #4
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
They will all sling if you just apply it and drive off.

I use Zaino's tire dressing which is water based and never had any issues.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 12:28 PM   #5
Joro2819
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750LI

I use Turtle Wax tire shine and do not have issue with sling. I use a sponge and do not put more than two coats on. All depends on how much you clean your tire. Too clean and it's like starting over to get tire to absorb the dressing. Also I am a big fan of Turtle Wax products again, they have come a long way since my dad used them in the 70's.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 06:56 PM   #6
TheBenchmark
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Chadwick's no sling tire dressing
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 11:10 PM   #7
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
CarPro pearl,water based semi gloss finish . I don't care for the super shiny look
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 07:42 PM   #8
Wmzorba09
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Does chemical guys dressing caused discolor to your tires? Looks like it has on mine...
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 07:44 PM   #9
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Does chemical guys dressing caused discolor to your tires? Looks like it has on mine...
Nah I haven't noticed it. Mind posting a pic so we can see and get a better idea?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 07:48 PM   #10
Wmzorba09
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nah I haven't noticed it. Mind posting a pic so we can see and get a better idea?
I just dressed them with another dressing. I'll post pictures once dressing comes off.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 08:14 PM   #11
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just dressed them with another dressing. I'll post pictures once dressing comes off.
Ok. Do you have a new 3 series? If the car is older I may make sense why it's changing color.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 08:25 PM   #12
Wmzorba09
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok. Do you have a new 3 series? If the car is older I may make sense why it's changing color.
M340 2020
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 08:31 PM   #13
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

M340 2020
Oh yes I remember seeing your posts. I don't think applying it once or a few times should change the tire color. It could be a defect of the tire possibly. Would need to see how bad it actually is.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 08:35 PM   #14
Wmzorba09
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

M340 2020
Oh yes I remember seeing your posts. I don't think applying it once or a few times should change the tire color. It could be a defect of the tire possibly. Would need to see how bad it actually is.
Thanks. Appreciate it. Tire wall looks faded and blotchy. I'll post a pic as soon as the current dressing comes off. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 08:38 PM   #15
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. Appreciate it. Tire wall looks faded and blotchy. I'll post a pic as soon as the current dressing comes off. Thanks again.
Once you wash it, try to scrub the tire wall so you can see if it comes off, worth a try since it doesn't sound normal. Also, is it just 1 tire (which would mean most likely a defect) or all (which would then have something to do with the tire dressing most likely)?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 08:45 PM   #16
Wmzorba09
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Once you wash it, try to scrub the tire wall so you can see if it comes off, worth a try since it doesn't sound normal. Also, is it just 1 tire (which would mean most likely a defect) or all (which would then have something to do with the tire dressing most likely)?
All 4 tires are patchy and dull. Tried rinsing them with water but not scrubbing them thoroughly.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 08:47 PM   #17
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
All 4 tires are patchy and dull. Tried rinsing them with water but not scrubbing them thoroughly.
Yea once you get pictures we can get a better idea and provide a better resolution. Bright side of it is atleast you can just use tire dressing to make them black again lol.
Appreciate 1
Wmzorba09325.50
      09-23-2019, 10:31 PM   #18
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
CarPro Pearl dilution of 1:1 for tires
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 11:03 PM   #19
blackheva
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Lexus IS300

Honestly, I use whatever tire shine I have on hand. However, I picked up a pack of eagle
one "tire swipes" and use those to spread the product out. Zero spray and perfect finish each time. Just let it sit for about 10 min or so.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 07:52 AM   #20
SCardamon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Lexol's Vylnex https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KKHS8..._OkbYDbX9R5NXA
Not that the tires need it with the lifespan we give them but this stuff actually conditions the rubber deeply vs coating it with silicone and degrading brake efficacy

Sonax Wheel Cleaner https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GBLTKWG..._MxbYDbVNZ0AV0
Before that I use Sonax - that stuff is magic when it comes to the overpowering nature of BMW brake dust (use as directed, stuff is powerful)

WheelWax https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000IMB5CC..._mxbYDbBVQYJ4H
If you are a freak like me you could wax the wheels and that dust will come off with water for the most part (this stuff used to be used on industrial electrical equipment back in the day to avoid corrosion and dirt buildup)
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 11:08 AM   #21
Kingy-
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:

I use diluted 10:1 carpro pearl, apply with a small applicator and buff off with a towel, had no sling back on my Mineral white G20
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 11:16 AM   #22
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

I’ve heard good things about carpro Perl. I’ll try it out once I get my hands on some.

Like someone else mentioned, I didn’t have a good experience with CG tyre shine. It made my tyres look patchy. Infact, one of the guys at the local tyre shop saw it and he said he thought the tyres were old and expanding and that I needed to replace it. He didn’t know it was the tyre shine which caused those marks on the tyres. And I had used CG only once. Never used it after that.
Appreciate 0