Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums EUROPE (Continental) Ceramic Coating

10-01-2019, 06:56 AM   #1
cpbandit13
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Ceramic Coating

Where are some good places in Germany that you have gotten the ceramic coating for your BMW's and has it come out very well?
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2022, 03:19 AM   #2
HappyGuy_Holland
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G20 330 e F31 320i F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbandit13 View Post
Where are some good places in Germany that you have gotten the ceramic coating for your BMW's and has it come out very well?

If you believe the commercials it would be not that hard to do it yourself. A one time investment in some polishing equipment and a nice and dry day in the spring and you’re off..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2022, 07:37 AM   #3
gorthol
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2021

Garage List
2021 BMW 330e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGuy_Holland View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbandit13 View Post

If you believe the commercials it would be not that hard to do it yourself. A one time investment in some polishing equipment and a nice and dry day in the spring and you’re off..
Yep. I didn't even polish since the car was new and the paint didn't have any swirls, just chemical decontamination, a good wash and applied CQuarz UK 3.0. There are lots of youtube videos with the process but it's pretty easy, I would only say to have very good light so when you buff it out you don't leave any marks.

If the car is reasonable new you probably won't notice anything aesthetically (and if not the improvement will be mostly from the polishing). I repainted my front bumper recently and comparing it before reapplying really there wasn't any difference with the parts that already had it, no more shine or color. Also don't expect any protection from scratches, that's bullshit marketing.

But it protects the clear coat from oxidation which means the car will look new for longer and it gets a lot less dirt and make it a LOT easier to clean, which makes it worth IMO.
Appreciate 0