Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 330e vs Merc A250e

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-12-2020, 02:05 AM   #45
Bmwnewbie2
Private
11
Rep
51
Posts

Drives: VW
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: East anglia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred321 View Post
Based on that I may get mine a little earlier.....however they probably have a 2 week shutdown period within August. So September ready for the '70' plate would be ok.
Not surprised by that lead in time. Ordered mine late November and due mid June.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 03:41 AM   #46
mrr_robot
Enlisted Member
Scotland
3
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: F31 xDrive M spot plus
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Edinburgh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslander View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred321 View Post
The New Kuga just took a massive reduction in lease price on our portal today. Literally £100 of each version.
Have to admit, I’d find it hard to resist and St Line X or Vignale Kigali hybrid. May not have the quality of my F10, but the practicality would do it for me.
Well the Ford Puma got awarded What Car of the year 2020 .. so got high hopes for the new Kuga.. based on that review.


I specced out an St Line-X, got all the tech & winter pack and upgraded to 20" wheels and was still well within budget.

I will say it slowly starting to edge the A250e
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 08:43 AM   #47
wassap
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
6
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: Volvo
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

The Kuga has just appeared on our scheme (we use lex). Works out dear for me, as its got quite a high PUC, But if it doesnt drink like a fish, i could make money on the fuel. I had a look at one in the dealer, and its ok inside, not a patch on the Merc or the BMW imo, which is odd as it should be considering the list price.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 09:10 AM   #48
mrr_robot
Enlisted Member
Scotland
3
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: F31 xDrive M spot plus
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Edinburgh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassap View Post
The Kuga has just appeared on our scheme (we use lex). Works out dear for me, as its got quite a high PUC, But if it doesnt drink like a fish, i could make money on the fuel. I had a look at one in the dealer, and its ok inside, not a patch on the Merc or the BMW imo, which is odd as it should be considering the list price.
Did you see one in ST lIne like the one attached ? Or was it the older model you saw.


Keen to see one in flesh too
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 09:44 AM   #49
wassap
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
6
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: Volvo
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

It was a a customers/dealer release car that they just had delivered (still alot of wrapping lol!). It was a titanium, nice to look at for sure. The interior just felt a bit cheap, but to be fair thats probably just me, as my last few cars have been premium cars, the lower down plastics were bargain basement.

Size wise its on a part with the 330e and the boot is much more family friendly. If it was the same price as the 330e for me i'd have one, purely because i'd get 21p back per mile.

Last edited by wassap; 02-12-2020 at 10:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 06:20 AM   #50
mofomat
Lieutenant Colonel
mofomat's Avatar
United Kingdom
548
Rep
1,991
Posts

Drives: R8 V10, BMW X5 (G05), BMW 318i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maastricht, NL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassap View Post
The real test for the G20 330e will be the next gen C class, put the MBUX twin screen setup in a new C300 PHEV

The new C-Class is not going to have the same interior as the A-Class and E-Class, with one big screen across the dashboard. Instead it's going to mirror the upcoming S-Class, with a TESLA-like screen coming up from the transmission tunnel.

New C-class (W206)
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 06:21 AM   #51
wassap
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
6
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: Volvo
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Hmmm, not sure i like that if im honest.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 06:25 AM   #52
mrr_robot
Enlisted Member
Scotland
3
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: F31 xDrive M spot plus
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Edinburgh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wassap View Post
The real test for the G20 330e will be the next gen C class, put the MBUX twin screen setup in a new C300 PHEV

The new C-Class is not going to have the same interior as the A-Class and E-Class, with one big screen across the dashboard. Instead it's going to mirror the upcoming S-Class, with a TESLA-like screen coming up from the transmission tunnel.

New C-class (W206)
Yea not really feeling that spy pic.. of the C Class
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 07:09 AM   #53
mofomat
Lieutenant Colonel
mofomat's Avatar
United Kingdom
548
Rep
1,991
Posts

Drives: R8 V10, BMW X5 (G05), BMW 318i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maastricht, NL

iTrader: (0)

This is a test car, so no doubt the final version will look better.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 03:06 PM   #54
Fred321
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: F30 330e MSport
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Essex

iTrader: (0)

The X1 PHEV just appeared on the lease portal today. Although still can't access it on the BMW online configuration tool.
The M Sport as so close to 40k makes the lease price jump out of budget by just adding sun protection glass (£300). The Sport however let's you add a few options.

The dash looks like the f30 with analogue dials.

I really need to stop looking at all the different options now have actually ordered my car.....but it's become a bit of a habit.

Last edited by Fred321; 02-13-2020 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 05:34 PM   #55
Auslander
Private First Class
United Kingdom
19
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: BMW F10 520d, Porsche Boxster
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Cardiff

iTrader: (0)

That's the biggest thing putting me off an X1 PHEV - the interior is really badly dated now. It's not much of an improvement over my old F21. Shame, given it shares a platform, that it hasn't been given the new 1 series interior - but I guess as an LCI, this is being saved for the new model in a few years time.

If the A250e hits our list and I can get the AMG Line Premium Plus as a saloon, I'll just order one - £300 saving in BIK every month over my F10 makes it worth the compromise. I'll hopefully be able to order tow bar preparation so I can use a bike rack.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 05:58 AM   #56
wassap
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
6
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: Volvo
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Im going to wait till after the budget till i place an order, i dont trust the govt at the mo, it wouldnt surprise me if they went back on their plans for the next few years
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 11:52 AM   #57
mrr_robot
Enlisted Member
Scotland
3
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: F31 xDrive M spot plus
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Edinburgh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassap View Post
Im going to wait till after the budget till i place an order, i dont trust the govt at the mo, it wouldnt surprise me if they went back on their plans for the next few years
They can't .. even they wanted to.

Is fixed the only they can now make a change towards is the 23/24 tax year in relation to BIK .. so now is the time to get on it 🙃
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 02:24 PM   #58
wassap
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
6
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: Volvo
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

I thought it was not fixed untill its officially anounced in the budget and then then ratified in the finance bill. To be fair even at this years rate of 16% the 330E is a no brainer.

Im getting my week long demo in 2 weeks so that should be fun to learn about it before i click go, our quotes are valid for a month and thats with the new prices. just need ot decide how many toys i want to pay for lol.

Ive tried the Pug 508,Passat GTE, Superb IV Sport and XC40 hybrid, and none are on a patch on the 330e. the Pug was nice and really well equiped. The A250e and Outlander make the most sense financially but i think ive been infected with the BMW bug now
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 02:30 PM   #59
mrr_robot
Enlisted Member
Scotland
3
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: F31 xDrive M spot plus
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Edinburgh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassap View Post
I thought it was not fixed untill its officially anounced in the budget and then then ratified in the finance bill. To be fair even at this years rate of 16% the 330E is a no brainer.

Im getting my week long demo in 2 weeks so that should be fun to learn about it before i click go, our quotes are valid for a month and thats with the new prices. just need ot decide how many toys i want to pay for lol.

Ive tried the Pug 508,Passat GTE, Superb IV Sport and XC40 hybrid, and none are on a patch on the 330e. the Pug was nice and really well equiped. The A250e and Outlander make the most sense financially but i think ive been infected with the BMW bug now
It is fixed now and HMRC is accepting 0% BIK for all electric and 8% with anything over 40 miles and 12% 30 miles +


Keeping coming back to the A250e for the financial sense .. only if the Mach E was ready to order .. might have been a different option.

I also had a look at 508.. looked really cool but didn't enjoy the test drive.. just didn't feel right
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 03:32 PM   #60
Auslander
Private First Class
United Kingdom
19
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: BMW F10 520d, Porsche Boxster
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Cardiff

iTrader: (0)

By most normal measures, the 330e is a no brainer, but although there's a fair bit of tech in them, the actual kit levels are very poor. There's just no excuse for a £40k car not to have any kind of lumbar adjust for the driver - especially as they're mostly targeted at the fleet market. Plus the boot is compromised and you can't get an estate version. And any upgrades have to be bought as a package with loads of stuff you may not want with the associated cost. That's what's driving me to other options.

The 250e is by far the most sensible financially, whilst the Superb iV is the best balance of price / space and kit.

Although I really want to see the Kuga PHEV as I have grown to appreciate elevated driving positions since we bought a large Japanese MPV to convert to a camper van.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 03:48 PM   #61
Bmwnewbie2
Private
11
Rep
51
Posts

Drives: VW
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: East anglia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr_robot View Post
It is fixed now and HMRC is accepting 0% BIK for all electric and 8% with anything over 40 miles and 12% 30 miles +


Keeping coming back to the A250e for the financial sense .. only if the Mach E was ready to order .. might have been a different option.

I also had a look at 508.. looked really cool but didn't enjoy the test drive.. just didn't feel right

Not sure it is fixed. It has been proposed but was waiting for March budget for confirmation. 8% for 40 miles + but a range of 10-12% depending on 30 - 40 miles.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 03:50 PM   #62
ewanmac
Captain
ewanmac's Avatar
175
Rep
716
Posts

Drives: m140i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Aberdeen

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslander View Post
By most normal measures, the 330e is a no brainer, but although there's a fair bit of tech in them, the actual kit levels are very poor. There's just no excuse for a £40k car not to have any kind of lumbar adjust for the driver - especially as they're mostly targeted at the fleet market. Plus the boot is compromised and you can't get an estate version. And any upgrades have to be bought as a package with loads of stuff you may not want with the associated cost. That's what's driving me to other options.

The 250e is by far the most sensible financially, whilst the Superb iV is the best balance of price / space and kit.

Although I really want to see the Kuga PHEV as I have grown to appreciate elevated driving positions since we bought a large Japanese MPV to convert to a camper van.
While I agree about lumbar, I was pleasantly surprised at how well spec'd the 330e is - especially when I compare to my F30 330d. Folding mirrors, adaptive headlights, rear camera and pro nav are now all standard. These were all options in prev gen. Touring is also available soon but don't know when...
__________________
M140i and Boxster S for Summer | Previously F31 330dx, E90 335D, E92 335i, E46 320CD, E46 318ci x2... and some short-lived SUV thing
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 03:52 PM   #63
wassap
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
6
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: Volvo
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Who does your company use to source the cars? For us the Superb Sportline plus is dearer than the 330e at the moment. It also pays less per mile and you have to pay for paint. The space in them is fantastic as is the VAG instrument cluster, but it is a bit dull inside.

I think the base M sport is well specced in many cases, the infotainment,reverse camera,heated leather,self parking etc is not bad for a BMW to be fair, the options arent badly priced really, HK audio is good not too disimilar to the VAG prices for uprated audio. Some of the packs do take the wee tho

For me its 1.330e, 2. 508 hybrid and 3. XC40.

I really wanted to like the Outlander but sheesh its so bad inside
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 04:02 PM   #64
Auslander
Private First Class
United Kingdom
19
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: BMW F10 520d, Porsche Boxster
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Cardiff

iTrader: (0)

We're with Leaseplan, and I'm still in discussion about opening up the list to other manufacturers. I guess my issue is I'm coming to it from a 520d Luxury with options, so the 3-series feels cramped and cheap. If the non PHEV taxes hadn't been hiked so much, I'd just have swallowed the extra £100 and ordered a Lexus ES300h as that comes with all the stuff I'm used to (electric seats, electric lumbar, premium audio etc) as standard.

Take your point on lease prices - looking at the Leaseplan consumer site, the Mini Countryman in fully loaded spec., is cheaper than a 330e, the Skoda is marginally more expensive as an SE-L, but comfortably under £40k - and the A250e is similarly priced.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 04:06 AM   #65
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
71
Rep
231
Posts

Drives: G20 330E M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Peopleís Republic of Wiltshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslander View Post
We're with Leaseplan, and I'm still in discussion about opening up the list to other manufacturers. I guess my issue is I'm coming to it from a 520d Luxury with options, so the 3-series feels cramped and cheap. If the non PHEV taxes hadn't been hiked so much, I'd just have swallowed the extra £100 and ordered a Lexus ES300h as that comes with all the stuff I'm used to (electric seats, electric lumbar, premium audio etc) as standard.

Take your point on lease prices - looking at the Leaseplan consumer site, the Mini Countryman in fully loaded spec., is cheaper than a 330e, the Skoda is marginally more expensive as an SE-L, but comfortably under £40k - and the A250e is similarly priced.
Iíve come from five 5 series 2l diesel M Sports over the last 15 years to the G20 330e M Sport and absolutely love the 3er with just a slight niggle with the lack of storage cubby hole in the right of the dash, front seat back pockets and electric front seats.
The 3 isnít that much smaller than the 5 and now has much better leg room.
The shorter 3 is much easier to manoeuvre and navigate around multi storey car parks and the folding rear seats are a real bonus.performance and economy are light years ahead of the 5 series 2l diesel and the tech on the basic M Sport pretty generous.
My 330e has averaged 62mpg since delivery on all journeys against 42-44mpg with the 5

I wonít talk about ConnectedDrive or the equally useless Portal.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 01:11 PM   #66
mofomat
Lieutenant Colonel
mofomat's Avatar
United Kingdom
548
Rep
1,991
Posts

Drives: R8 V10, BMW X5 (G05), BMW 318i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maastricht, NL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewanmac View Post
Touring is also available soon but don't know when...

The 330e Touring starts production in July, along with the 330e xDrive Touring.

For people whose budget barely gets them into a 330e Saloon, there will be a 320e Saloon starting production in July this year. The 320e/320e xDrive Touring starts production November.
Appreciate 1
ewanmac174.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST