Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Lease price for M340i?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-02-2019, 01:45 AM   #133
premier3is
Lieutenant
premier3is's Avatar
951
Rep
572
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantona7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikotic View Post
Curious what you guys are seeing for lease deals currently if anyone doesn't mind sharing.
In general, you should be able to negotiate a selling price that is 10% to 12% off BEFORE any incentives are applied. Some people have pulled off 15%, but that's an exceptional deal. After that, it just depends on your credit rating and the number of MSDs (multiple security deposits) you're willing to put down. Rule of thumb is that your monthly lease payment, with taxes rolled in, should be under 1% of the MSRP of the car. For example, if MSRP is $62K, your monthly should be under $620.
It's before taxes.... not after
Appreciate 1
EXE46456.50

      11-04-2019, 06:05 PM   #134
cantona7
Private
19
Rep
54
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Mar 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
It's before taxes.... not after
I've only leased cars in California and my price target always includes taxes, so that's just based on my experience. YMMW of course.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 09:57 PM   #135
premier3is
Lieutenant
premier3is's Avatar
951
Rep
572
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantona7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
It's before taxes.... not after
I've only leased cars in California and my price target always includes taxes, so that's just based on my experience. YMMW of course.
Still doesn't make it accurate though. It's before taxes. If you calculate it after taxes then props to you for getting an even greater deal.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 10:17 PM   #136
bimmer456
Major General
2117
Rep
5,496
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pasadena, CA

iTrader: (0)

Look up the lease online. (Lease offer on BMWUSA or your nations site). The dealer can usually beat that offer.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 07:48 PM   #137
Storm2rooper
Private
United_States
5
Rep
75
Posts

Drives: M235 Convertible
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Seal Beach, CA.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyM340 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonysmithjr View Post
Hey guys first time poster (and bmw owner) and wanted to get your opinion on this lease deal. It seems pretty bad to me but maybe is the best I can do:

MSRP: 65705
Sale price: 62500
Invoice: 61710
Rebate: 1000
Down payment: 3000
MF: 0.00215
Residual: 0.59
Acq fee: 925
Doc fee: 100
Total tax is 2490.94

Monthly payment is 889.50

I tried to haggle as best I could but salesman would not budge and states this is the absolute best offer he can provide. This is also my first time working on a lease deal. I forgot to mention that I qualify for the recent college grad discount so that would be another 1,000 off. But does this seem like a good deal? The MF seems really high (5.16%). However, this is the only other car in the lot. The other 2 have already been bought and this one has the precise color, interior that I wanted. It also drove like a beast. Any input from your experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1. MF is way too high . Dealer MF is
0.00177. They are jacking it up to almost
The Max. I got the dealers 0.00177
2. Do 7 MSD's (multiple security deposits)
That will also lower your MF substantially, hence
Your monthly payment.
3. Join BMWCCA for 3 years . Approximately $140
And you will receive a $500 rebate check
After you close your deal. Call BMWCCA for
All the specific details & time frame.
4. We received $5,000 MSRP.
5. Don't buy off the "Lot" order one. It's
Much more fun to "watch" n track it's build
In Germany 🇩🇪.
6. You don't want to buy a car other folks
Have Test Drove too.
Hope my suggestions helped.
I have a question. Does the max MSDs lower the MF after you get the base MF? Basically making your money factor even less then base? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 07:42 AM   #138
wtwo3
Captain
wtwo3's Avatar
531
Rep
776
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i; 2020 M340i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2rooper View Post
I have a question. Does the max MSDs lower the MF after you get the base MF? Basically making your money factor even less then base? Thanks.
Yup.

So if you get base MF of 0.00128, max MSD's will get you a MF of 0.00093
__________________
2020 BMW X5 xdrive40i
2020 BMW M340i xdrive

2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400... 2010 Lexus RX 350... 2008 Lexus IS 350...
2000 Nissan Maxima GLE... 1993 Nissan Maxima GXE
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 07:47 PM   #139
Letterkenny
New Member
2
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M340i (ordered)
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

After leasing an Audi A4, Iím coming back to BMW (hopefully for good!). I believe I did okay on my deal below but took a bit of a hit for doing a custom order (could have gotten 12% off and base MF with a wheels on the ground car).

MSRP: $63,220
Selling: $56,898
Incentives: $3,000 (loyalty and current lease cash)
MF: .00133 (effective 8% MSRP if I were to use base MF. Acquisition fee capped within. 7 MSD to lower MF from .00168 to .00133)
RV: 60% 36/12K
Payment: $656
Drive offs: $5,100 ($4,900 MSDís and $200 drive offs. ~$1,400 of incentives used against drive offs)

I had an offer for 10.5% off MSRP at a base MF but couldnít get the insight into the figures that I needed ($625 payment essentially but Iíd be at $2k+ drive offs so my out of pocket would have been higher). Let me know thoughts on the deal. See attached for the options listing.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 08:28 PM   #140
wtwo3
Captain
wtwo3's Avatar
531
Rep
776
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i; 2020 M340i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letterkenny View Post
After leasing an Audi A4, Iím coming back to BMW (hopefully for good!). I believe I did okay on my deal below but took a bit of a hit for doing a custom order (could have gotten 12% off and base MF with a wheels on the ground car).

MSRP: $63,220
Selling: $56,898
Incentives: $3,000 (loyalty and current lease cash)
MF: .00133 (effective 8% MSRP if I were to use base MF. Acquisition fee capped within. 7 MSD to lower MF from .00168 to .00133)
RV: 60% 36/12K
Payment: $656
Drive offs: $5,100 ($4,900 MSDís and $200 drive offs. ~$1,400 of incentives used against drive offs)

I had an offer for 10.5% off MSRP at a base MF but couldnít get the insight into the figures that I needed ($625 payment essentially but Iíd be at $2k+ drive offs so my out of pocket would have been higher). Let me know thoughts on the deal. See attached for the options listing.
That MF is through the roof. Even after max MSD's your MF is still above base.

I did a custom order with 10% off at base MF way back in September, so I find it hard to believe you're not able to do that this late in the year, especially in a competitive market like California.

Have you gotten multiple dealers involved? I would continue getting additional dealerships involved until one of them agrees to at least 10% off and base MF.
__________________
2020 BMW X5 xdrive40i
2020 BMW M340i xdrive

2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400... 2010 Lexus RX 350... 2008 Lexus IS 350...
2000 Nissan Maxima GLE... 1993 Nissan Maxima GXE
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 09:08 PM   #141
Letterkenny
New Member
2
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M340i (ordered)
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
That MF is through the roof. Even after max MSD's your MF is still above base.

I did a custom order with 10% off at base MF way back in September, so I find it hard to believe you're not able to do that this late in the year, especially in a competitive market like California.

Have you gotten multiple dealers involved? I would continue getting additional dealerships involved until one of them agrees to at least 10% off and base MF.
I agree with that and had multiple dealers involved including ones recommended here. However, at the end of the day the math just didnít add up. I could have had 8% off and a base MF but my offer with a base MF and 10.5% off MSRP still had $2.5k in drive offs which is ~$69 a month effectively.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 06:39 AM   #142
wtwo3
Captain
wtwo3's Avatar
531
Rep
776
Posts

Drives: 2020 X5 40i; 2020 M340i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letterkenny View Post
I agree with that and had multiple dealers involved including ones recommended here. However, at the end of the day the math just didnít add up. I could have had 8% off and a base MF but my offer with a base MF and 10.5% off MSRP still had $2.5k in drive offs which is ~$69 a month effectively.
Not sure if it's too late (you only have 2 days left in the year), but maybe take your best offer, and email every single dealer in California that you haven't already reached out to with your build code and the offer you have and ask them to do better.

When I was looking for my deal, I emailed 21 different dealers in the Chicagoland area and was able to narrow it down to 4 dealers that were willing to play ball, and then I just had them bid against each other till I got what I wanted.
__________________
2020 BMW X5 xdrive40i
2020 BMW M340i xdrive

2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400... 2010 Lexus RX 350... 2008 Lexus IS 350...
2000 Nissan Maxima GLE... 1993 Nissan Maxima GXE
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 01:01 PM   #143
Letterkenny
New Member
2
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M340i (ordered)
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Not sure if it's too late (you only have 2 days left in the year), but maybe take your best offer, and email every single dealer in California that you haven't already reached out to with your build code and the offer you have and ask them to do better.

When I was looking for my deal, I emailed 21 different dealers in the Chicagoland area and was able to narrow it down to 4 dealers that were willing to play ball, and then I just had them bid against each other till I got what I wanted.
I was asking around against ~5 dealers in Southern California of which 2 are the ones that come highly recommended here. I could find 10.5% off MSRP and base MF deals that would put me at $580 monthly with max MSDs but then $2400 drive offs for acquisition fee, first payment, etc. Thatís effectively $65 a month over the lease term bringing the effective payment to $645 whereas Iím at $655 with no drive offs other than MSDs.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 05:30 PM   #144
DrmKlr
Second Lieutenant
224
Rep
261
Posts

Drives: 2015 Yas on Blk Extended 6spd
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letterkenny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Not sure if it's too late (you only have 2 days left in the year), but maybe take your best offer, and email every single dealer in California that you haven't already reached out to with your build code and the offer you have and ask them to do better.

When I was looking for my deal, I emailed 21 different dealers in the Chicagoland area and was able to narrow it down to 4 dealers that were willing to play ball, and then I just had them bid against each other till I got what I wanted.
I was asking around against ~5 dealers in Southern California of which 2 are the ones that come highly recommended here. I could find 10.5% off MSRP and base MF deals that would put me at $580 monthly with max MSDs but then $2400 drive offs for acquisition fee, first payment, etc. That’s effectively $65 a month over the lease term bringing the effective payment to $645 whereas I’m at $655 with no drive offs other than MSDs.
What's the MSRP of the car?
__________________
Current - 2020 M340xi Tanzanite Blue II on Cognac
Previous - 2015 Yas on Black Extended Merino/Lighting Package/ DINANTRONICS Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 06:17 PM   #145
Letterkenny
New Member
2
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M340i (ordered)
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrmKlr View Post
What's the MSRP of the car?
$63.3k
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 06:21 PM   #146
DrmKlr
Second Lieutenant
224
Rep
261
Posts

Drives: 2015 Yas on Blk Extended 6spd
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letterkenny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrmKlr View Post
What's the MSRP of the car?
$63.3k
I think you can do better.

$67,870 sticker
$1600 total out of pocket at signing which includes 1st month payment.
$4200 in MSD's
$585 a month
__________________
Current - 2020 M340xi Tanzanite Blue II on Cognac
Previous - 2015 Yas on Black Extended Merino/Lighting Package/ DINANTRONICS Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 07:22 PM   #147
Letterkenny
New Member
2
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M340i (ordered)
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrmKlr View Post
I think you can do better.

$67,870 sticker
$1600 total out of pocket at signing which includes 1st month payment.
$4200 in MSD's
$585 a month
So effective is $630 a month. Did you do custom? So far this is the best that I was able to do on a custom.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 07:28 PM   #148
DrmKlr
Second Lieutenant
224
Rep
261
Posts

Drives: 2015 Yas on Blk Extended 6spd
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letterkenny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrmKlr View Post
I think you can do better.

$67,870 sticker
$1600 total out of pocket at signing which includes 1st month payment.
$4200 in MSD's
$585 a month
So effective is $630 a month. Did you do custom? So far this is the best that I was able to do on a custom.
Well not really the $1600 included the first month payment which I would have to pay no matter what so really you would take the difference—- $1600 minus $585 = $1015 and divide that by 36 which gives you a total of $613 all in.

It was not a custom order but was the only one in stock I could find with every option. The only thing I had to give up was the Driving Asst Professional as it only has the regular driving Asst.
__________________
Current - 2020 M340xi Tanzanite Blue II on Cognac
Previous - 2015 Yas on Black Extended Merino/Lighting Package/ DINANTRONICS Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 07:37 PM   #149
Letterkenny
New Member
2
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M340i (ordered)
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrmKlr View Post
Well not really the $1600 included the first month payment which I would have to pay no matter what so really you would take the differenceó- $1600 minus $585 = $1015 and divide that by 36 which gives you a total of $613 all in.

It was not a custom order but was the only one in stock I could find with every option. The only thing I had to give up was the Driving Asst Professional as it only has the regular driving Asst.
Yea I get it. Since however they structured it has this baked in, my effective taking out the first month payment would be $638 for a custom. Thereís an in stock that Iím going to try to get a better deal on so we will see tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 07:39 PM   #150
DrmKlr
Second Lieutenant
224
Rep
261
Posts

Drives: 2015 Yas on Blk Extended 6spd
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letterkenny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrmKlr View Post
Well not really the $1600 included the first month payment which I would have to pay no matter what so really you would take the difference—- $1600 minus $585 = $1015 and divide that by 36 which gives you a total of $613 all in.

It was not a custom order but was the only one in stock I could find with every option. The only thing I had to give up was the Driving Asst Professional as it only has the regular driving Asst.
Yea I get it. Since however they structured it has this baked in, my effective taking out the first month payment would be $638 for a custom. There’s an in stock that I’m going to try to get a better deal on so we will see tomorrow.
Good luck!! You will love this thing.

I came from an F80 to this two weeks ago and absolutely love it.
__________________
Current - 2020 M340xi Tanzanite Blue II on Cognac
Previous - 2015 Yas on Black Extended Merino/Lighting Package/ DINANTRONICS Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 07:56 PM   #151
Letterkenny
New Member
2
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M340i (ordered)
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrmKlr View Post
Good luck!! You will love this thing.

I came from an F80 to this two weeks ago and absolutely love it.
Nice! I had a 2013 328 and current lease an A4 so looking forward to coming back to BMW! M3 will hopefully be next after this one.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 07:57 PM   #152
DrmKlr
Second Lieutenant
224
Rep
261
Posts

Drives: 2015 Yas on Blk Extended 6spd
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letterkenny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrmKlr View Post
Good luck!! You will love this thing.

I came from an F80 to this two weeks ago and absolutely love it.
Nice! I had a 2013 328 and current lease an A4 so looking forward to coming back to BMW! M3 will hopefully be next after this one.
That's the plan. Ride this out and when the lease is up the G80 will be in second year so perfect timing!
__________________
Current - 2020 M340xi Tanzanite Blue II on Cognac
Previous - 2015 Yas on Black Extended Merino/Lighting Package/ DINANTRONICS Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 05:36 PM   #153
imported_Mike
New Member
5
Rep
27
Posts

Drives:
Join Date: Jul 2007

iTrader: (0)

I got my 2020 M340i for $3,000 down (includes first months payment and was total out-the-door paid to drive off) and $549 a month (that's after taxes).

This is a 30,000 mile lease for 36 months. MSRP was close to $60k. Located in SoCal.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 06:24 PM   #154
mffarrell
Private First Class
76
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: M550i Porsche 911 turbo Shelby
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Vancouver, WA

iTrader: (0)

That sounds like a good deal!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST