Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Another 330e order

12-11-2019, 01:51 PM   #23
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by snusnu View Post
my colleague just ordered 330e... and his delivery time is in 6 months o_0
The message is out. I've been evangelising about it for the last few months, quite a few colleagues are interested. Sure I can do a better job of selling the car than the average BMW sales person. I should get commission from BMW... ;-)

If you've ever read Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell then you'll realise that all of us on this site contribute massively to generating further market demand, mostly through enthusiasm and willingness to look past the early adopter "gremlins"...
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 03:54 PM   #24
trent_engine
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 330e M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranester1983 View Post
Don’t take mine as accurate for you mate - mine is a company car on order through Arval. It’s being sent to Partridge of Hampshire who will then arrange delivery to me... in Bridge of Allan - 400 miles away 😂🤷*♂️ - go figure.
Mine is via the company car scheme with Arval...supplying dealer Sytner Coventry.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #25
trent_engine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab330e View Post
I think a lot of it is luck and timing for deliveries. I think my 3 week timescale was on the poorer side. You should be lucky.

Mine's on it's way to the dealer now so will be with them today or tomorrow and they're delivering it to me Monday... Will be a long old weekend
Good news, 4 more sleeps then! Please post some pics up when you get it, what spec did you go for?

Tonight Genius says 9630 Port of Entry and estimated delivery date week of 16th so we'll see what Sytner says when I call them tomorrow morning. I suppose unlike others the car could be going straight to the dealer for PDI etc and that may speed the delivery process up?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 12:45 PM   #26
ab330e
Rep
Drives: bmw G20 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by trent_engine View Post
Good news, 4 more sleeps then! Please post some pics up when you get it, what spec did you go for?

Tonight Genius says 9630 Port of Entry and estimated delivery date week of 16th so we'll see what Sytner says when I call them tomorrow morning. I suppose unlike others the car could be going straight to the dealer for PDI etc and that may speed the delivery process up?
Will do mate. I ordered Portimao blue m sport plus with all the packs except the comfort pack. And added drive assistant pro. Very excited.

What I will say is despite the constant hassling on bmw genius my actual delivery date to the dealer was spot on since the start. So as easy as it is to say, don’t stress it too much.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 03:53 PM   #27
trent_engine
Rep

Quote:
Will do mate. I ordered Portimao blue m sport plus with all the packs except the comfort pack. And added drive assistant pro. Very excited.

What I will say is despite the constant hassling on bmw genius my actual delivery date to the dealer was spot on since the start. So as easy as it is to say, don’t stress it too much.
I've gone for Portimao Blue also. Perhaps going to be too popular but I think the colour suits the car and had a grey A6 before so didn't want grey and wasn't keen on any of the other colours. I've ordered M Sport Plus with Tech, Comfort and Visibility packs.

Car is now 9650 Awaiting dispatch to dealer and Sytner tell me they hope to see it latest next Thursday. They also said delivery would be after Christmas due to Arval's imposing a 20th cut-off date but having spoken to Arval this has been put in place due to lack of delivery drivers. Of course I told Arval I'd pick the car up from the dealer so they've informed Sytner to release the car as soon as it's ready - so... fingers crossed could be a 23rd or 24th pick-up. Would make a nice Christmas pressie to oneself!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 01:35 AM   #28
ab330e
Rep

Quote:
I've gone for Portimao Blue also. Perhaps going to be too popular but I think the colour suits the car and had a grey A6 before so didn't want grey and wasn't keen on any of the other colours. I've ordered M Sport Plus with Tech, Comfort and Visibility packs.

Car is now 9650 Awaiting dispatch to dealer and Sytner tell me they hope to see it latest next Thursday. They also said delivery would be after Christmas due to Arval's imposing a 20th cut-off date but having spoken to Arval this has been put in place due to lack of delivery drivers. Of course I told Arval I'd pick the car up from the dealer so they've informed Sytner to release the car as soon as it's ready - so... fingers crossed could be a 23rd or 24th pick-up. Would make a nice Christmas pressie to oneself!
Nice work following that one up. I was apprehensive that the lease company and dealer would drag their heels but they were pretty good to be honest. Once it’s on the transporter they get everything moving so you’re ready to go. I was in the exact same position as you last week being told Thursday delivery and if I was to pick it up I could have gone yesterday (Friday), so I’m sure you’ll be fine. As soon as it moves to ‘on the way to dealer’ get on to the lease company and the dealer. This was my plan but to be fair they reached out to me before I had the chance once it got to that stage.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 10:13 AM   #29
Cranester1983
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e M Sport

Mine has arrived at Partridge if Hampshire, yay! Sadly they say it’ll be the new year before they can get it to me 😭
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 12:38 PM   #30
ab330e
Rep

Quote:
Mine has arrived at Partridge if Hampshire, yay! Sadly they say it’ll be the new year before they can get it to me 😭
Why so long?? Go and get it, surely!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 04:21 PM   #31
Cranester1983
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Why so long?? Go and get it, surely!
It’s literally at the other end of the country, near as dammit 500 miles away!

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 04:32 AM   #32
trent_engine
Rep

Quote:
It’s literally at the other end of the country, near as dammit 500 miles away!

Think I'd be tempted to get on a train and go pick it up! Although I can understand you probably don't want to put 500 miles on it just to get it home.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 04:34 AM   #33
trent_engine
Rep

Quote:
Nice work following that one up. I was apprehensive that the lease company and dealer would drag their heels but they were pretty good to be honest. Once it’s on the transporter they get everything moving so you’re ready to go. I was in the exact same position as you last week being told Thursday delivery and if I was to pick it up I could have gone yesterday (Friday), so I’m sure you’ll be fine. As soon as it moves to ‘on the way to dealer’ get on to the lease company and the dealer. This was my plan but to be fair they reached out to me before I had the chance once it got to that stage.
Big day for you today?

Mine has now gone to 9660 Dispatched to Dealer so we'll see what Sytner has to say later today/tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 05:45 AM   #34
trent_engine
Rep

Quote:
Mine has now gone to 9660 Dispatched to Dealer so we'll see what Sytner has to say later today/tomorrow.
Sytner have just called me. Its arrived with them and entered PDI already

I've arranged to pick-up Thursday morning.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 01:31 PM   #35
Cranester1983
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Think I'd be tempted to get on a train and go pick it up! Although I can understand you probably don't want to put 500 miles on it just to get it home.
Especially as it’s a company car and my car is being collected at same time. A pain, but it’ll have to do.

2nd January delivery Locked in now!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 03:11 PM   #36
ab330e
Rep

Quote:
Big day for you today?

Mine did indeed arrive today... it was definitely worth the wait - stunning car. I’m happy for you getting yours next week!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 03:12 PM   #37
Cranester1983
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Pics! 😃
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 04:08 PM   #38
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Quote:
Big day for you today?

Mine did indeed arrive today... it was definitely worth the wait - stunning car. I’m happy for you getting yours next week!
Done any XtraBoosting so far?? :-)
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 08:13 PM   #39
ab330e
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
The usual British weather didn’t allow it unfortunately... But I’m sure I’ll make plenty of time for it
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 03:02 AM   #40
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
The usual British weather didn’t allow it unfortunately... But I’m sure I’ll make plenty of time for it
It's more fun in the rain, the back end likes to come out on roundabouts when it's wet
Appreciate 0