Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBazman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietlife View Post
Quite simply, I don't know yet. I downloaded the update to my phone and then tried to connect it via wi-fi to my car. The app initially kept asking me to sign up to a £9.95/month subscription to T-mobile. I eventually managed to get rid of that and after around three hours of driving over the last couple of days, the transfer is still only at 62%. It's pathetic.
Spotify better be there somewhere. It clearly states it adds it. After years of driving Audis, I don't think I'll be getting another BMW after this one. Their software and customer service is appalling.
Can I ask if you got Spotify? I got the update but can't seem to find Spotify anywhere.
I'm sure I read elsewhere that you need to log out of bmw connected music if you're using it, then Spotify will be there
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 01:23 AM   #24
TheBazman
Rep
Drives: G20 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkwon View Post
I'm sure I read elsewhere that you need to log out of bmw connected music if you're using it, then Spotify will be there
Yeah I read that but I don't have BMW connected music
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 02:35 AM   #25
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkwon View Post
Oh, no idea then. Can you change the user to guest and see if it's there? Use the spare key or something? If it is then it may be a case of resetting your user slot?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 02:57 AM   #26
jmmk
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
If you have Professional cockpit in your G20, it is probable that Connected music and Spotify will appear again after the OTA update. That happened to me, and it’s fairly well described in the FAQ section of the service description for UK

https://connecteddrive.bmwlaunchpad....onnected-music
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 03:05 AM   #27
KMoore
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 320i M Sport

Quote:
I didn't have Spotify when I was on 03/2019, and as there was no suggestion that Spotify was going to be available, all mention of it had been removed from the Connected Drive website, I renewed my subscription to Connected Music.

Fast forward a month and a dealer software update to 11/2019, the Spotify icon appeared, but I can run either Spotify or Connected Music, not both, and have to log in and out each time if I want to switch between them.

I rang BMW for a refund of the Connected Music subscription and was told that if I cancelled it, I would lose Spotify as well.

Not entirely convinced that they really understand what's what at the BMW call centre, not even certain it's UK based or in fact it's actually BMW as opposed to a generic call centre where they're working to a script.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 04:25 AM   #28
TheBazman
Rep
Drives: G20 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMoore View Post
I didn't have Spotify when I was on 03/2019, and as there was no suggestion that Spotify was going to be available, all mention of it had been removed from the Connected Drive website, I renewed my subscription to Connected Music.

Fast forward a month and a dealer software update to 11/2019, the Spotify icon appeared, but I can run either Spotify or Connected Music, not both, and have to log in and out each time if I want to switch between them.

I rang BMW for a refund of the Connected Music subscription and was told that if I cancelled it, I would lose Spotify as well.

Not entirely convinced that they really understand what's what at the BMW call centre, not even certain it's UK based or in fact it's actually BMW as opposed to a generic call centre where they're working to a script.
I'm wondering if there are differences between whats available in the US/UK and Ireland (where I am). I got a free "Connected Package Professional" when I bought the car. It seems this gives me - Remote Services, BMW Online,Real time traffic info, Concierge services, Intelligent Emergency services, USB map update, teleservices, online speech processing. I would have thought then that when I go into my apps on the idrive that the likes of BMW Connected Music or Spotify might be there, but it's not. I think I'll just give them a call to find out.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 08:24 AM   #29
Quietlife
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Garage List
2019 BMW G20  [0.00]
Well the upload is finally complete and I now have a message that states 'you will be notified when the upgrade can be installed'. I've been trying all day to wait for something to appear. Car is on the drive, in park, but nothing is happening.
Absolutely lost patience with this system
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 09:41 AM   #30
oldmick
Private
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i Msport

I had to wait a couple of days before mine updated.
      01-14-2020, 06:50 AM   #31
Quietlife
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW G20  [0.00]
I’ve given up. I’ve gone through every criteria for getting the download to activate and still nothing. The whole system is a farce.
It’s things like this that taint the brand. The car drives great, but it’s things like this that just taint the ownership experience
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 07:01 AM   #32
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330E M Sport

Quote:
I’ve given up. I’ve gone through every criteria for getting the download to activate and still nothing. The whole system is a farce.
It’s things like this that taint the brand. The car drives great, but it’s things like this that just taint the ownership experience
Agreed. OTA updates aren’t even available for the 330e.
I’m curious as to if the clusterf@*k that is Connected Drive Portal, App and OTA updates is confined to the UK?

The cars are great and I’m really happy with my 330e BUT BMW techy’s at the dealers have absolutely no idea what is the latest available software update and just the mention of the ConnectedDrive/Apps multitude of inadequacies causes their eyes to focus somewhere in the distance and their hearing to fail them.
It’s two separate entities totally at odds and failing to communicate with us and each other.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 07:27 AM   #33
SCardamon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
Quote:
Agreed. OTA updates aren’t even available for the 330e.
I’m curious as to if the clusterf@*k that is Connected Drive Portal, App and OTA updates is confined to the UK?

The cars are great and I’m really happy with my 330e BUT BMW techy’s at the dealers have absolutely no idea what is the latest available software update and just the mention of the ConnectedDrive/Apps multitude of inadequacies causes their eyes to focus somewhere in the distance and their hearing to fail them.
It’s two separate entities totally at odds and failing to communicate with us and each other.
This is the single biggest failing of BMW - they can't go to market with claims of wielding cutting edge tech then categorically fail to follow through and establish continuity around it.

But that is exactly what they have been doing for about three years now.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 09:17 AM   #34
lukas125
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Update on mine installed yesterday after the long download. So far i've noticed pretty much nothing has changed. But i have tried turning on Carplay again to see if the stability of the connection has improved, and looks good so far. It was so flakey when i first got the car that I had given up on it.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 01:30 PM   #35
Quietlife
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW G20  [0.00]
Did you do anything specific to activate the download other than park the car? I've tried everything, including putting it in a heated garage because one list includes the temp being over 10°C
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 01:48 PM   #36
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Quote:
Did you do anything specific to activate the download other than park the car? I've tried everything, including putting it in a heated garage because one list includes the temp being over 10°C
Put simply, no.
Appreciate 0