Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing Crysis 2 or homefront

03-21-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
ryan970
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Tiag 328i,DGM F10 550

Crysis 2 or homefront

im thinking about getting either crysis 2 or homefront, so guys i need your help, which one should i get
      03-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #2
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Easily Crysis 2.
      03-22-2011, 12:43 AM   #3
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Wouldn't waste my money on either, but I'd probably pick Crysis.

If you're on PC just pirate it. Honestly, Crytek deserves it after fucking over the community who made them who they are.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Wouldn't waste my money on either, but I'd probably pick Crysis.

If you're on PC just pirate it. Honestly, Crytek deserves it after fucking over the community who made them who they are.
What are you talking about? Crytek released an early multiplayer demo because so many of their fans refused to play the early pirate that got leaked. Not to mention people then proceeded to cheat on the MP Demo. So what as Crytek done that we as gamer's should be so outraged about?

The only thing pirating a game like Crysis 2 does is ensure that we won't see any more high end games on the PC. Or any game save for an MMO. Which would be a shame since the PC is a much superior gaming interface than a console for the people with enough time, money, and/or competency.
      03-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
What are you talking about? Crytek released an early multiplayer demo because so many of their fans refused to play the early pirate that got leaked. Not to mention people then proceeded to cheat on the MP Demo. So what as Crytek done that we as gamer's should be so outraged about?

The only thing pirating a game like Crysis 2 does is ensure that we won't see any more high end games on the PC. Or any game save for an MMO. Which would be a shame since the PC is a much superior gaming interface than a console for the people with enough time, money, and/or competency.
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
ryan970
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Tiag 328i,DGM F10 550

i bought crysis 2. multiplayer is amazing
      03-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #7
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep

Quote:

Did you even play the demo? It is a console game.

Crysis 2 has been dumbed down for consoletards and it was designed with consoles in mind. (console game mechanics, console menus, console FoV, console aiming, no graphics options)

I mean it's just fucking disrespectful to the community who made them popular...the CEO claimed piracy and low sales on the PC version (bunch of fucking bullshit) and blamed PC gamers (they sold 3M+).

DICE knows what's up. Develop for the PC and then port to consoles, any other way is just fucking moronic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCGamer
" This game may look and play best on PC, but the cross-platform development has definitely had an impact. Specifically, it's disappointing to see that Crysis 2 makes some absolutely baffling technical omissions. The graphics settings menu offers just four areas to adjust: resolution, v-sync, HUD bobbing, and one of three pre-defined quality settings. Why can't I pick what level of anti-aliasing or shadow quality I want in PC gaming's most beautiful game? Quick-saving, too, is replaced by checkpoint autosaves; a developer console was also nowhere to be found."
Hell, DX11 isn't even implemented in the fucking PC version (which is god damned ridiculous for the company that gave us the graphics king since 2007) because Crytek was too busy designing for the fucking ancient shyte hardware that is in consoles.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 10:18 PM   #8
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Did you even play the demo? It is a console game.

Crysis 2 has been dumbed down for consoletards and it was designed with consoles in mind. (console game mechanics, console menus, console FoV, console aiming, no graphics options)
All this tells me is that it may already be too late then for the future of high quality of PC games. Plus, your argument was already used for MW2 and it unsuccessful then even with all the support it had from people boycotting the game.

Developers are in it to make money, it is a business. They aren't going to knowingly make a game just to lose money. All we can hope is that console piracy and hacking becomes more popular with the growth in the market, since thats really the only way to steer the industry back towards PC's.
      03-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #9
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep

Quote:
All this tells me is that it may already be too late then for the future of high quality of PC games. Plus, your argument was already used for MW2 and it unsuccessful then even with all the support it had from people boycotting the game.

Developers are in it to make money, it is a business. They aren't going to knowingly make a game just to lose money. All we can hope is that console piracy and hacking becomes more popular with the growth in the market, since thats really the only way to steer the industry back towards PC's.
lolwat. I never implied anything remotely close to this.

DICE will show developers how it's done with BF3... well and along with other great devs, Blizzard and Valve.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #10
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

My comment about developers losing money wasn't a direct rebutle toward your argument, it was more a supporting statement towards mine.

Simple cause and effect covers it though. If the profits in the market has shifted to consoles, which for the most part it has since they are sick of their shit getting leaked, then developing for PC will diminish. And unfortunately Crytek has had a bad past with leaks and piracy, which is a shame because it had so much potential.
      03-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #11
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
If the profits in the market has shifted to consoles, which for the most part it has since they are sick of their shit getting leaked, then developing for PC will diminish. And unfortunately Crytek has had a bad past with leaks and piracy, which is a shame because it had so much potential.
Yeah I understand their move, although I don't like it because I'm a PC guy before consoles for sure.

...and DICE will show us how to do a PC-first FPS, as they always do... Crytek decided to go a different direction, and I don't blame them. After all, cash rules everything around me....
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #12
finagle69
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 X5 4.8i

Downloaded it today and is installing now. Can't wait to play it.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 01:03 AM   #13
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Yeah I understand their move, although I don't like it because I'm a PC guy before consoles for sure.

...and DICE will show us how to do a PC-first FPS, as they always do... Crytek decided to go a different direction, and I don't blame them. After all, cash rules everything around me....
Exactly.

It's unfortunate that the CEO is too fucking stupid to be in the position that he is in in Crytek.

The way they could have maximized their sales & maintained and grew their loyal fanbase for Crysis 2 was to develop for the PC as a lead platform and then ported to the 360 and PS3.

This is common sense and anyone with half a brain for business in general can see that. *I tip my hat to DICE*
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #14
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

itt: DICE dick riding.

03-27-2011, 10:01 AM   #15
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Crysis 2 is pretty rad
      03-28-2011, 05:57 PM   #16
Inzane
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 335i

Quote:
If you're on PC just pirate it.
Can we suspend members for making comments like that?

Piracy = THEFT
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #17
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post

Piracy = THEFT
I could care less about the Theft aspect. If the game is shit, the publisher doesn't deserve to make thousands+ because they rushed it out the door.

My only concern with piracy is keeping those that would otherwise create good games from doing so.
      03-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #18
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post

Piracy = THEFT
rofl

pls go
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 11:45 PM   #19
Inzane
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 335i

Quote:
rofl

pls go
No. Please explain how you can condone piracy.

Just because a company makes a game that you deem not good enough doesn't mean they shouldn't be paid for it. What makes you think you have a right to take it for free?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #20
e92justin
LCpl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i coupe

Crysis 2 hands down.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #21
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

i'm sorry but LOL @ people who have newer BMWs or VWs but are too busted to afford video games
      04-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #22
e92justin
LCpl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
i'm sorry but LOL @ people who have newer BMWs or VWs but are too busted to afford video games
Appreciate 0