Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions G20 PDC warning - solution is remote re-coding?

06-05-2020, 10:21 AM   #1
alreadyexists
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 2019 320d

G20 PDC warning - solution is remote re-coding?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi all

I have a G20 saloon in Glacier Silver. It is a 2019 plate and I picked it up at just over 6 months old with a couple of thousand miles on. I am really pleased with it, its such an incredible car and the level of refinement and kit

They phoned me today and said the only solution is for BMW to do a remote re-coding from Germany and this will happen next week and that should sort the software issue... my question is, has anyone ever heard of this before, or had this problem, and has anyone had their car remotely re-coded by BMW Germany? What does that even mean in lay terms!?

Thanks all
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 10:21 AM   #2
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by alreadyexists View Post
Hi all

I have a G20 saloon in Glacier Silver. It is a 2019 plate and I picked it up at just over 6 months old with a couple of thousand miles on. I am really pleased with it, its such an incredible car and the level of refinement and kit

They phoned me today and said the only solution is for BMW to do a remote re-coding from Germany and this will happen next week and that should sort the software issue... my question is, has anyone ever heard of this before, or had this problem, and has anyone had their car remotely re-coded by BMW Germany? What does that even mean in lay terms!?

Thanks all
Essentially it means that they re-provision the software on the vehicle to factory specs to fix any issues caused by updates or changes in the field. In my experience, the dealers are the ones that mess it up and Germany are the ones to fix it. They essentially hook the car up to the same computer they use at the dealership but it is remotely controlled by engineers in Germany.
Appreciate 0