Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Back seat cover / dimensions?

07-28-2019, 09:05 AM   #1
Olek_online
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive

Back seat cover / dimensions?

I'm looking to get a back seat cover in order to be able to transport my dog. Can you recommend any? I was thinking of something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Vailge-Waterp...dp/B07DCT6SPY/

Alternatively, what are the dimensions of the backseat + legroom? I looked for these but couldn't find it anywhere. (My own G20 is still on its way so I'm not able to just measure it.)
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2019, 09:19 AM   #2
cpbandit13
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
That's actually a pretty good one. The only issues are the straps that wrap around the headrest. If you have a medium to large size dog if your dog moves around the straps become loose and now you have hair in your car. If find one that doesn't use straps but wraps around the entire headrest.
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2019, 01:51 PM   #3
BLVCKBURN
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '24 - G82 - M4x Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olek_online View Post
I'm looking to get a back seat cover in order to be able to transport my dog. Can you recommend any? I was thinking of something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Vailge-Waterp...dp/B07DCT6SPY/

Alternatively, what are the dimensions of the backseat + legroom? I looked for these but couldn't find it anywhere. (My own G20 is still on its way so I'm not able to just measure it.)
Do they not offer the official BMW rear seat cover as an accessory in Europe?

07-29-2019, 10:32 AM   #4
Olek_online
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbandit13 View Post
That's actually a pretty good one. The only issues are the straps that wrap around the headrest. If you have a medium to large size dog if your dog moves around the straps become loose and now you have hair in your car. If find one that doesn't use straps but wraps around the entire headrest.
Thanks for the tip! Do you reckon the one I posted is the right size for a G20? Just trying to get a rough idea on what the dimensions should be of such cover.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 10:37 AM   #5
Olek_online
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FknLeon View Post
Do they not offer the official BMW rear seat cover as an accessory in Europe?

Hi FknLeon, I actually reached out to the dealer and learned they used to have some for F30, but they're out of stock now. Anyway, they didn't look half as nice as the one you posted!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 10:38 AM   #6
cpbandit13
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olek_online View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the tip! Do you reckon the one I posted is the right size for a G20? Just trying to get a rough idea on what the dimensions should be of such cover.
Yeah that should be fine. I don't know what type of dog you have though. I think mine was 54x58 and I have a yellow lab.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2019, 01:48 AM   #7
Olek_online
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Yeah that should be fine. I don't know what type of dog you have though. I think mine was 54x58 and I have a yellow lab.
Thanks cpbandit13! I didn't realize the size of the dog is a factor here; figured it's more about the second-row space in general. I guess that's because I just recently got a dog. She's a white swiss shepherd. A pup for now, but they grow so fast
Appreciate 1