Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Is COVID-19 causing you to reconsider taking delivery?

03-20-2020, 09:29 AM   #23
skw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindFusion FX View Post
What do you do that excels during these times if you don't mind me asking?
Can't speak for the OP but some lines of manufacturing, trucking, utilities, bio-medical, and of course public safety sectors are all going full steam ahead.
'07 4Runner V8 Limited 4WD
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 11:00 AM   #24
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
It's critical power industry. We support most Fortune 500 companies, hospitals, data centers, government facilities, pharmaceutical companies etc. I manage the accounts and our engineers etc
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2020, 01:25 AM   #25
vikaspratap
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: -

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikaspratap View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsatbhs View Post
Doesn't really make me rethink my order, but I'm certainly worried about delays in the order now. I just got my production scheduled for a M340i xDrive last night so today's news is not great. Still really love what bmw has done with the M340, though and am really looking forward to taking delivery of it (whenever that is).
I am in the boat as you. Ordered the car through a broker last Wednesday and it hasn't moved from scheduled from production since then. When you think the cars are going to be delivered?
I ordered on 2/26 and it went into scheduled within 5 days and eventually moved back to ordered received. My broker called and said he sorted things out and hours later it moved into production. However, it's still sitting. I was told 4/18 would be completion date. Who knows now. I was told by my broker that there have been part delays so you may be waiting a bit.
My order went back to received from scheduled from production two days. I placed an on 03/12. I honestly have no idea when am i gonna get my car especially with this production suspension in munich 😒
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 09:20 AM   #26
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

This thread strikes chord with me as I'm currently agonising over whether or not to cancel the order for my M340i Touring. The car is built and in the UK and, providing we don't enter a lockdown situation, will probably be delivered before the end of the month. However, due to the effects of coronavirus my pension fund has dropped by over 20% in the last few weeks and hence what looked like a nice retirement present at the time of order now feels like a bit of an extravagance; I'm sure the markets will recover in time but it doesn't feel like that's going to happen anytime soon.

If I cancel now I'll obviously lose my £1k deposit but I reckon discounts and finance rates are likely to be better once production restarts so I think I'd probably be able to recover that £1k via a better deal if I cancelled and reordered. Also, if we go into lockdown - which feels more like when rather than if - my new car would just be expensive garage ornament for a few weeks (or months!) and hence I wouldn't be losing much by not having it available to drive.

My thoughts on what to do change by the day (sometimes several times during the day!) but at the moment I'm leaning towards keeping hold of my money for the time being and reordering at a later date as and when things improve. In many ways I don't want to cancel as the car's a great spec and I've been really looking forward to getting it; however, with everything else going on at the moment it seems an irrelevance (which if I'm honest would also take a bit of the shine off getting it).
Appreciate 3
      03-22-2020, 11:55 AM   #27
Brokkah1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
This thread strikes chord with me as I'm currently agonising over whether or not to cancel the order for my M340i Touring. The car is built and in the UK and, providing we don't enter a lockdown situation, will probably be delivered before the end of the month. However, due to the effects of coronavirus my pension fund has dropped by over 20% in the last few weeks and hence what looked like a nice retirement present at the time of order now feels like a bit of an extravagance; I'm sure the markets will recover in time but it doesn't feel like that's going to happen anytime soon.

If I cancel now I'll obviously lose my £1k deposit but I reckon discounts and finance rates are likely to be better once production restarts so I think I'd probably be able to recover that £1k via a better deal if I cancelled and reordered. Also, if we go into lockdown - which feels more like when rather than if - my new car would just be expensive garage ornament for a few weeks (or months!) and hence I wouldn't be losing much by not having it available to drive.

My thoughts on what to do change by the day (sometimes several times during the day!) but at the moment I'm leaning towards keeping hold of my money for the time being and reordering at a later date as and when things improve. In many ways I don't want to cancel as the car's a great spec and I've been really looking forward to getting it; however, with everything else going on at the moment it seems an irrelevance (which if I'm honest would also take a bit of the shine off getting it).
I'm in a fairly similar situation although a lot further from retirement than you by the sounds of it. I flip flop repeatedly on what to do but currently I'm sticking with going ahead. The spec I ordered I almost certainly will never see on a dealer's lot so it would be back to a factory order, which given the current production downtime means I'd be unlikely to see it until autumn/winter time I reckon and I'm remaining optimistic that life returns to something approaching normality again before then.

It is very hard as I can also foresee a situation where that money could have been usefully spent on something else or saved for a rainy day, but then that was also true before the current situation as well so I'm not sure that's enough justification to cancel.

The only difference now is that I am more inclined to stick with the PCP deal rather than withdrawing and paying cash. Kind of hedging my bets a little and just swallowing the additional interest costs in return for liquidity.

My business is not directly impacted by the lockdowns etc and in fact tends to be resilient in recession but that doesn't mean that companies we do business with won't struggle or go under which will have a knock on effect.

I'm sure tomorrow I will have a different view again!
Appreciate 3
JNW13122.00
37b86.00
      03-22-2020, 01:39 PM   #28
TheFizzels
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i XDrive

Lease negotiating amid COVID-19

I ordered an m340 which is on a ship on the way to my dealer in California. They said in the event of better lease incentives available I would be able to match that. I am on the fence of even wanting the car because of what's going on in the world right now.

Does anyone with leasing experience know how I can go out lowering my lease payment further?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 02:30 PM   #29
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
I ordered my car around the 8th of February and it was scheduled to be here in the U.K. around the middle to end of April but it now has been delayed to mid to end of June which is a real shame as I don't have a car right now. Kinda hoped I waited so I maybe could have gotten a cheaper leasing deal.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 02:48 PM   #30
SoFlo M340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFizzels View Post
I ordered an m340 which is on a ship on the way to my dealer in California. They said in the event of better lease incentives available I would be able to match that. I am on the fence of even wanting the car because of what's going on in the world right now.

Does anyone with leasing experience know how I can go out lowering my lease payment further?
Not sure how you did your order or deal, but I'm my experience, when you order on a lease, no deal is actually signed. You may talk terms and have some kind of overall agreement but it's not final. You are always able to use the rates from the month your car comes in if they they are better than when you ordered. Given the current economic climate, there should be a more aggressive deal you can work out. Otherwise, the dealer runs the risk of being stuck with another car in inventory. And right now, I can't imagine everyone is jumping at buying vehicles.

'20 Portimao Blue M340i – Current
'17 Dark Graphite 530i – Retired
'14 Alpine White 328i – Retired
Appreciate 2
      03-22-2020, 02:50 PM   #31
tnsatbhs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFizzels View Post

You could try renegotiating the deal with your dealer but they may not be open to that, especially if you paid a non-refundable deposit. Your best bet would be to just talk to them and see what they are willing to do given the current circumstance.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 08:48 AM   #32
SoFlo M340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
You could try renegotiating the deal with your dealer but they may not be open to that, especially if you paid a non-refundable deposit. Your best bet would be to just talk to them and see what they are willing to do given the current circumstance.
Are non-refundable down payments a typical thing for most? The first BMW i ordered asked for a $500 deposit which was refundable, and they never even charged. When i put my m340 order in, i went through a broker and he never even mentioned a deposit. We discussed it via phone/text and he submitted my order. I could walk away at any time.

'20 Portimao Blue M340i – Current
'17 Dark Graphite 530i – Retired
'14 Alpine White 328i – Retired
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 10:53 AM   #33
tnsatbhs
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Are non-refundable down payments a typical thing for most? The first BMW i ordered asked for a $500 deposit which was refundable, and they never even charged. When i put my m340 order in, i went through a broker and he never even mentioned a deposit. We discussed it via phone/text and he submitted my order. I could walk away at any time.
Not sure if they are common, but I've heard of dealers asking for them. When I placed my order I had a couple dealers that mentioned non-refundable deposits, but I don't know if they would actually enforce that unless you ordered a really weird spec.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 11:34 AM   #34
37b
☠️
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I believe it's dependent on state law. I am trying to figure out if I can get my deposit back.

My car is due to arrive next week but I am not sure if I should go through with it with the way the government is shutting down the economy.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 12:02 PM   #35
trife.
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 X3MC x Porsche Cayenne

If you paid your deposit with a credit card and your dealer is telling you it's non-refundable, just do a chargeback. Obviously this isn't something you want to do, but only you can look out for you in times like this. And at the end of the day it isn't like you won't be able to get a car from somewhere else after all of this (if you burn a bridge with your current dealership).
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 03:38 PM   #36
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Just received word from PCD, my delivery planned for apr 24th pushed out to May without a defined date.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2020, 05:01 PM   #37
jlapicki
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

At least they are still doing them....I read on another post that they canceled PCD.
2017 M2 - Alpine White / Black - SOLD
2001 e39 M5 - Titanium / Caramel - A "Keeper"
Appreciate 0