Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals BMW M340 (G21) - Post Fitting OEM Seats - on MANUAL rail

03-20-2024, 01:42 PM   #1
JG66
Rep
Drives: BMW M340D Touring 2021

BMW M340 (G21) - Post Fitting OEM Seats - on MANUAL rail

Was a bit confused when I came across a BMW M340D Touring on Autotrad*r ...with the

FIONA RED & BLACK leather......on a MANUAL FRONT DRIVER SEAT set up ???

FWIW , I contacted my preferred BMW Dealership (Hereford - a very ambitious & efficient Lady works that Dept. to get you an answer within several hours ) to show her the Advert, and ask if the current set up on the 'Car for Sale' was due to a 'Donor car' being stripped and the the Electric Front seat LEATHERS ONLY, transferred over onto the MANUAL seat frames...

All this was weird, because typically BMW OEM Fiona REd & Black, I thought (incorrectly) was always on an ELECTRIC front seats set up...as in typically - under the dashboard, the 'leather' is red, and, Memory Seat 1,2,3 is positioned into the Driver's door next to the lever ...but in this case the Advert presented some 'mysterious' set up...

So I asked.
And BMW UK responded
No. This is not a Frankenstein car.
This is indeed an OEM set up !
...and they tell me - when ordering on the configurator it would have only have added circa GBP1K to final price...

So, I dared ask...what's the 'retro-fit' cost just out of curiosity ?

The response:

Good Morning

They were one of each for you I priced, I popped the quantity at the start of them – just to give you an idea of prices. This is not an official retro fit so I am unsure on if anything else would be required with the exception of pig rings to fit the leather. With the exception of the two front seats, all other items have no delivery date – my guess is these are made to order and I have known such items to take around 6-8 weeks before they arrive with us

Front Seats x2 (base & back leather) - £3,074.81
Front Seat Headrests x2 - £604.01
Front Door Cards x2 - £1,819.01

Rear Seats - £1,505.78
Rear Headrests x3 - £866.02
Rear Door Cards x2 - £1,747.92

Total for leather covers - £9,617.54

Warm Regards

Senior Parts Advisor
Cotswold BMW Hereford

Argh ! I love this Fiona Red & Black.

Who has this colour combo on MANUAL FRONT SEATS & can you post a piccie ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1