Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Greetings from Denmark - Just ordered my first BMW

02-03-2019, 11:57 AM   #1
L3vel1984
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i (G20)

Greetings from Denmark - Just ordered my first BMW

Hi guys,

Just ordered my first BMW, a 330i with M-Sport, Sunroof, Adaptive Cruise Control, and Parking Assistant.

I would like your opinion, on the color choice.
It's ordered with Portimao Blue, but now I have second thoughts and can't figure out, if I should go with the mineral white with black/carbon mirror shields ? What do you think ?

Also I first added the Black mirror shield, but removed them again after picking the blue color, do you think it will go good with the blue ?

At first glance I thought, better pick the blue, as in you can only pick that color if you get the M-Sport package in Denmark at least, so i'm thinking it will be less mainstream than the white one, we have way to many white BMW's driving around in Denmark.

My former car was a Mercedes C43 coupé, it was white with night package with black mirrors, I was really digging that color.
But then my friend said, you must pick the blue one, it's the original BMW M color ?

My sales guy told me that I have until tomorrow to make any changes.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 02:46 PM   #2
KTN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yeah.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase!

Paint choice being heavily subjective all you can really do is check out the available photos and videos for both choices if you cannot see them in the metal.

Also your dealership should have paint samples to at least give you a slight idea how each one looks.

Mirror cap is also subjective. If you decide to go with black I think having the grilles black as well definitely helps. Personally, I'd go body color to have just another part of the car where the color is visible from inside. Then again, if you plan to go for carbon mirror caps down the line, it shouldn't be that big of a factor as you'll change it either way.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 02:56 PM   #3
L3vel1984
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTN View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase!

Paint choice being heavily subjective all you can really do is check out the available photos for both choices if you cannot see them in the metal.

Also your dealership should have paint samples to at least give you a slight idea how each one looks.

Mirror cap is also subjective. If you decide to go with black I think having the grilles black as well definitely helps. Personally, I'd go without to have just another part of the car where the color is visible from inside.
Thanks, they only had pictures to show me, unfortunately no metal for the blue color, since the car is not yet available.

I think I will stick with the blue to have a more unique car.

I can probably change the mirror cap if I want, after the car is delivered I guess.

This is going to be the longest 2-3 months, before the car is delivered.

I had the AMG performance exhaust on my Mercedes, do you know if there is a similar sports exhaust option on this model, as I have chosen the M-Sport package ?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 03:04 PM   #4
KTN
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDK View Post
Thanks, they only had pictures to show me, unfortunately no metal for the blue color, since the car is not yet available.

I can probably change the mirror cap if I want, after the car is delivered I guess.

I had the AMG performance exhaust on my Mercedes, do you know if there is a similar sports exhaust option on this model, as I have chosen the M-Sport package ?
I think it should also be easier to swap out for black/carbon mirror caps from body color, than the other way around.

No, unfortunately, no exhaust upgrade as part of the M-Sport package (not that I know of anyway).

You may be interested in fitting the M Performance exhaust, but that's a dealer install down the line as it cannot be optioned from factory.
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2019, 03:06 PM   #5
L3vel1984
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTN View Post
Quote:

I think it should also be easier to swap out for black/carbon mirror caps from body color, than the other way around.

No, unfortunately, no exhaust upgrade as part of the M-Sport package (not that I know of anyway).

You may be interested in fitting the M Performance exhaust, but that's a dealer install down the line as it cannot be optioned from factory.
Thanks for the quick response, I will ask the dealer
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 03:28 PM   #6
KTN
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response, I will ask the dealer

Wishing you patience until it arrives.

Also coming from a C43 with AMG perf. exhaust you may have been spoiled for sound, so you should have realistic expectations, especially considering the 30i has been a 4-cylinder in the BMW line-up for a while, so take that into account.

That said you can give the stock exhaust a listen here (21:43):

And here:

Also here's a previous gen (F31) 330i (also 4-cylinder) fitted with an M Performance exhaust:

Also here's an F30 330i fitted with a 340's M Performance exhaust:
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2019, 03:40 PM   #7
L3vel1984
Rep

Wow thanks, really friendly place here, I appreciate it

Yeah the C43 has a V6, I wasn't expecting the same sound level, but maybe a little sporty noise I guess.. hoping for a more fun car though.. the C43 is AWD, Looking forward to enjoy a RWD car.
Appreciate 1
KTN309.50
      02-03-2019, 03:53 PM   #8
KTN
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Wow thanks, really friendly place here, I appreciate it

Yeah the C43 has a V6, I wasn't expecting the same sound level, but maybe a little sporty noise I guess.. hoping for a more fun car though.. the C43 is AWD, Looking forward to enjoy a RWD car.
You're most welcome.

It's also a pretty good (essential? ) way to pass time easier and also get some info while you wait, so just look around in the threads.

Also besides digging around online in general, in the Portimao Blue photo thread there's one with black mirror caps too:
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...40&postcount=6

(I don't know if you've optioned or want those, but the black grille and black-chrome exhaust is the "extended shadow line" option with code 7M9.)

Last edited by KTN; 02-03-2019 at 04:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 04:29 PM   #9
L3vel1984
Rep

Yeah I saw that already.
The description on the danish BMW page says, "individual shadow line in high gloss" don't know what that includes through.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 04:32 PM   #10
KTN
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I saw that already.
The description on the danish BMW page says, "individual shadow line in high gloss" don't know what that includes through.
Well, the "individual shadow line in high gloss" is just for the windows surrounds being high-gloss black afaik (could be different per market I guess).

The extended shadow line is the one that adds the high-gloss black kidneys and the black-chrome exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 07:15 PM   #11
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Congratulations! Portimao Blue looks fantastic and your car will look no less stellar. I'd say the original choice could not be better.

I am afraid to ask how much the deal was since Denmark reputation for vehicle taxes extends to the US buying public.
Appreciate 0