Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) All-Metal Hood & Trunk Roundel

07-29-2021, 02:23 AM   #1
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
All-Metal Hood & Trunk Roundel

Dear G20 Owners,

Hey, my name is g20beam. The reason for me making this post is that recently, I've been trying to find and to purchase an all-metal (Whether it is stainless steel, or aluminum) hood and trunk roundel set for the G20.

What I am looking for is a brushed finish, all-metal roundel that has no colours, but only an outline of the BMW logo. I thought something like this would be very easy to find, but turns out there is nothing like that no matter where I looked online besides an option resembling exactly what I am looking for, made exclusively for BMW motorcycles.

Now my question to you guys is, say if I were to have a manufacturer that can create a mold and also put into production a limited quantity of these, how many of you would be interested?

Additionally, I would also try to make a coloured painted version (Just standard colours, maybe just two options with either black/chrome outer edge) made completely from metal.

I want to know if there is a market for something like this, as well as what everyone thinks of it. Any feedback would be appreciated, and also if you guys think that this idea can fly.

I know that older generations always had metal roundels, but lately all the new generations have cut this out and only resorted to using cheap plastic roundels, which for a luxury car such as a BMW should not even be considered an option in the first place.

I have a few more ideas as to what other design options can come out of this, but so far, something like the two I have listed above is my main focus right now.

Let me know what you guys think!

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 10:47 PM   #2
Arbitration
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20beam View Post
Dear G20 Owners,

Hey, my name is g20beam. The reason for me making this post is that recently, I've been trying to find and to purchase an all-metal (Whether it is stainless steel, or aluminum) hood and trunk roundel set for the G20.

What I am looking for is a brushed finish, all-metal roundel that has no colours, but only an outline of the BMW logo. I thought something like this would be very easy to find, but turns out there is nothing like that no matter where I looked online besides an option resembling exactly what I am looking for, made exclusively for BMW motorcycles.

Now my question to you guys is, say if I were to have a manufacturer that can create a mold and also put into production a limited quantity of these, how many of you would be interested?

Additionally, I would also try to make a coloured painted version (Just standard colours, maybe just two options with either black/chrome outer edge) made completely from metal.

I want to know if there is a market for something like this, as well as what everyone thinks of it. Any feedback would be appreciated, and also if you guys think that this idea can fly.

I know that older generations always had metal roundels, but lately all the new generations have cut this out and only resorted to using cheap plastic roundels, which for a luxury car such as a BMW should not even be considered an option in the first place.

I have a few more ideas as to what other design options can come out of this, but so far, something like the two I have listed above is my main focus right now.

Let me know what you guys think!

Curious. Can you link an example?
Appreciate 0