Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Is this wishful thinking?

07-23-2007, 02:52 AM   #1
menotakoala
Future Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: Civic Si Sedan

Is this wishful thinking?

Is it wishful thinking for someone who drives a Honda Element right now to dream of getting a 135i in about 2-3 years?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2007, 08:41 AM   #2
ibeam81
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII M235i, 2004 Acura TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by menotakoala View Post
Is it wishful thinking for someone who drives a Honda Element right now to dream of getting a 135i in about 2-3 years?
I truly don't know, but frankly the 135i is wishful thinking for everyone since it hasn't arrived for sale in the US yet. :biggrin:

Obviously cars are notoriously bad investments (unless you're in professional motorsports, collect classics, etc.), but only you know your situation and whether the prospective joy of a 135i will be worth the cost. In the meantime enjoy the discussions and save up.

BTW, good avatar and an Element isn't exactly bargain basement.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2007, 01:40 PM   #3
menotakoala
Future Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: Civic Si Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeam81 View Post
Obviously cars are notoriously bad investments (unless you're in professional motorsports, collect classics, etc.), but only you know your situation and whether the prospective joy of a 135i will be worth the cost. In the meantime enjoy the discussions and save up.

BTW, good avatar and an Element isn't exactly bargain basement.
I am trying to save up but what can I say, I'm just a college student right now. But I have a passion for motorsports. I can't get enough of cars. Yes the Element wasn't really a bargain for me either. Considering I got it when if first came out so I paid that extra premium of the dealer markup and the grand total came out to $26,950. Oh and thanks for you comment on my avatar. Captain Kirk rules. All Captain Kirk~ :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 06:43 PM   #4
1erich
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

I drive a POS 626 that's been in the fam for 15 years. Next year the 135i is on my list of prospects along with the STI. I could have purchased a new vehicle by now but chose to drive the POS until I could afford what I really wanted. Sure I'm suffering now but next year and hopefully many more to follow will be completely worth it! Believe it or not 2008 has been my planned purchase date for 3 years now!

I bet in a few years a used 135i would be just as much fun to drive as a new one and much cheaper! Good luck, keep that as a goal and start saving!
Appreciate 0