Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Media Screen Issue After LPFP Upgrade Attempt

10-08-2023, 12:46 PM   #1
Virtality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW G20 M340i X-Drive

Media Screen Issue After LPFP Upgrade Attempt

Hello everyone,

I recently ran into an issue with my 2020 BMW M340i X-drive, and I'm hoping someone here can provide some insight or advice.

Background:
I attempted to install a LPFP upgrade but quickly realized I was in over my head. After reassembling everything, my center media/radio screen won't power on and the instrument cluster displays the incorrect vehicle image.

Steps Taken:
  1. Disconnected batteries.
  2. Removed and unplugged the rear seat bottom.
  3. Disconnected plugs on top of the pump and removed the top.
  4. Reversed the procedure to reassemble. Notably, I mistakenly tried to connect the brown plug where the black one goes on the passenger seat module. However, I realized the error and connected them correctly before re-attaching the batteries.
  5. Checked for error codes and found:
    CDA512: FA-CAN; Message {status belt seat occupancy; 0x297): Alive check.
    CD8C1E: Storage of fault in LIN slave node DssEcu.
    Upon discovering the seat module's pin 3 was damaged, I straightened it and it now seems to seat correctly. I've since:

Reconnected batteries.
    Cleared codes.
    Reset the modules.
    Reflashed the car.
    Despite these efforts, the media screen remains off, though I no longer receive any faults. I've also inspected all fuses without finding any issues.
Upcoming Plans:
Before its tuning appointment on Thursday, the car is scheduled to go to another shop for the professional installation of the LPFP upgrade.

Concerns:
I hope to avoid taking the car to BMW due to potential delays and costs. I'd also prefer to prevent any unnecessary updates, especially ones that might lock the DME.

If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has any advice, I'd greatly appreciate your input. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 07:19 PM   #2
Rorougto
Registered
Rep
Drives: M135i f40

I have the exact same problem, I disconnected my battery and lost the idrive completely, I have an M135i F40, I know it's an old thread, but were you able to fix it?
Appreciate 0