Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Seat cushions or pads

06-27-2022, 10:48 PM   #1
RCook
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Seat cushions or pads

I just picked up a CPO 2019 330i. Beautiful shape, a nice upgrated from my last CPO, a 2015 328i.

I have some pretty bad back issues. The seats on the new car are kind of tight in the top/back seats. I moved the bolster apart as far as the control allowed, but rub a sensitive spot. I had sports seats before back issues and loved them, not an issue.

Does anyone know a vendor that can create a custom 'filler' that would make the seat essentially flat?

Or one in the aftermarket?

Thanks in advance

Randy
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 01:09 AM   #2
RoGo330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW330i2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCook View Post
I just picked up a CPO 2019 330i. Beautiful shape, a nice upgrated from my last CPO, a 2015 328i.

I have some pretty bad back issues. The seats on the new car are kind of tight in the top/back seats. I moved the bolster apart as far as the control allowed, but rub a sensitive spot. I had sports seats before back issues and loved them, not an issue.

Does anyone know a vendor that can create a custom 'filler' that would make the seat essentially flat?

Or one in the aftermarket?

Thanks in advance

Randy
Not sure it you might be interested, but my new 2022 330i seats were too firm for me. On advice from a Forum, I got a sheepskin seatcover for the driver's side. It has made a huge difference to relieve pressure points on my back and back side. It is now way more comfortable. Other folks might have some foam insert recommendations for you.

Let us know what helps!🚙
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 08:38 PM   #3
RCook
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Thanks for the reply.
Sheepskins! All the rage in the 80s. Had them in my Porsche.
I just orders a couple of back pads on Amazon, hopefully one fits. They are good about returns.

Best
Randy
Appreciate 0