Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge !!! 2016 Nfl Season Thread !!!

09-11-2016, 10:38 PM   #265
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Oh goodness. We gotta hear the pats fans now.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 10:42 PM   #266
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Oh goodness. We gotta hear the pats fans now.
Yep! You gotta give it up. Banged up team, 2nd string QB, no Ninkovich or Gronk, against a very good team in their home. They did their job and made it happen. Easy to see they have a great shot at another win or two before Tom gets some revenge ball, starting in Cleveland in game 5.

Edit: oh, and nice to see the rest of the AFC East lost. Icing to that cake.
Appreciate 2
      09-11-2016, 10:56 PM   #267
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
What a Cowboys thing to do lol
LOL, a good day in pro football.
      09-12-2016, 10:45 AM   #268
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Dak looked solid. We have some good things instore for the future.

Now, the WRs didnt do anything too impressive. Beasley with a drop on a sure TD, Dez didnt catch it again, and Williams has to be one of the dumbest players on the team, and we have Mr. Scored a 6 on the Wonderlic Claiborne.

Also wasnt too impressed with Zeke's performance. The broadcast didnt show how the line looked as he was running through it much, but he wasnt able to break anything. Looked like he was just running as fast as he could at the line and not waiting for it to develop like Morris was doing. Hopefully he learns this as he plays more.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 11:09 AM   #269
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Impressions and my takeaways from game 1:

Dak is definitely the "future". I said this about him in pre season - He looks and acts like a Veteran! He never got rattled even under huge pressure of being sacked/hit. He floated a couple, but I will take that over picks. He just makes good decisions and has great vision and pocket awareness. I see no reason to remove the young man from his starting position should he continue to perform like this, if and when Romo returns. The most impressive thing he did, was drive/put his team in a winning position with @ 3min left in the game! Then leave it to Terrance Williams to fok it all up by NOT going out of bounds. Because Bailey surely would've kicked the winning field goal.
Now on to the Defense. If it can even be called that... The front line is in desperate need of help. The pass rush is non-existent. Secondary is still suspect except for Byron Jones at Safety. But the REAL problem I had/saw was Coaching! Marinelli, as good as he is as a Defensive Coach, did not make needed adjustments to help the porous front 4. He should and better start Blitzing waaay more. Because pocket passers like Eli will continue to do damage without pressure or fear of being rushed/hit. And of course, Jason Garrett, I have never and will never be a fan of this 'Ivy-league tongued Yes Man'. He has no concept of 'time management'.
Zeke will get his. The kid has mucho talent! He and Alfred Morris and Jackson make for a potent group of RB's. If my team gets their asses kicked is one thing. But nothing sucks worse than having a opportunity to win and it being either blown by the officials or in this case our own player, Williams. But I saw enough to be optimistic.

I swear Bill Bellicheck is some sort of F'n WIZARD! The guy always manages to put together a winning squad with folks you never heard of. To beat the Cards in AZ with someone other than Brady is crazy.

How bot that Raiders at Saints game! Damn entertaining.
As much as I hate to admit it, Eagles looked good against a hungry Browns team.

I also really wanted to see Jalen Ramsey, the stud Cornerback that I wanted here in Dallas. He will be a monster. I was hoping Jags would take down Green Bay.
But Zeke was the better pick for Dallas all things considered.

What made yesterday so awesome was the sheer number of games that came down to 1 and 3 points!

Double-header tonight: Skins and Steelers & Rams vs Niners

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 09-12-2016 at 11:15 AM..
Appreciate 1
VRG_135836.50
      09-12-2016, 11:23 AM   #270
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Impressions and my takeaways from game 1:

Dak is definitely the "future". I said this about him in pre season - He looks and acts like a Veteran! He never got rattled even under huge pressure of being sacked/hit. He floated a couple, but I will take that over picks. He just makes good decisions and has great vision and pocket awareness. I see no reason to remove the young man from his starting position should he continue to perform like this, if and when Romo returns. The most impressive thing he did, was drive/put his team in a winning position with @ 3min left in the game! Then leave it to Terrance Williams to fok it all up by NOT going out of bounds. Because Bailey surely would've kicked the winning field goal.
Now on to the Defense. If it can even be called that... The front line is in desperate need of help. The pass rush is non-existent. Secondary is still suspect except for Byron Jones at Safety. But the REAL problem I had/saw was Coaching! Marinelli, as good as he is as a Defensive Coach, did not make needed adjustments to help the porous front 4. He should and better start Blitzing waaay more. Because pocket passers like Eli will continue to do damage without pressure or fear of being rushed/hit. And of course, Jason Garrett, I have never and will never be a fan of this 'Ivy-league tongued Yes Man'. He has no concept of 'time management'.
Zeke will get his. The kid has mucho talent! He and Alfred Morris and Jackson make for a potent group of RB's. If my team gets their asses kicked is one thing. But nothing sucks worse than having a opportunity to win and it being either blown by the officials or in this case our own player, Williams. But I saw enough to be optimistic.

I swear Bill Bellicheck is some sort of F'n WIZARD! The guy always manages to put together a winning squad with folks you never heard of. To beat the Cards in AZ with someone other than Brady is crazy.

How bot that Raiders at Saints game! Damn entertaining.
As much as I hate to admit it, Eagles looked good against a hungry Browns team.

I also really wanted to see Jalen Ramsey, the stud Cornerback that I wanted here in Dallas. He will be a monster. I was hoping Jags would take down Green Bay.
But Zeke was the better pick for Dallas all things considered.

What made yesterday so awesome was the sheer number of games that came down to 1 and 3 points!

Double-header tonight: Skins and Steelers & Rams vs Niners
Only problem with Dak, in the 2nd half it seemed a lot of his throws were high. He needs to get that under control.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 11:42 AM   #271
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Hard to believe Cousins is getting paid almost $20M this season lol. For tonight, lets go Steelers and Rams vs Niners, past my bedtime haha.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 11:50 AM   #272
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRG_135 View Post
Only problem with Dak, in the 2nd half it seemed a lot of his throws were high. He needs to get that under control.
He had a couple high, but i think that was more him trying to get it over a defender. And most of those high passes were catchable and the WRs got their hands on them.

Beasley, Im looking at you.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 12:18 PM   #273
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
He had a couple high, but i think that was more him trying to get it over a defender. And most of those high passes were catchable and the WRs got their hands on them.

Beasley, Im looking at you.
That you touch it you should of caught is dumb. the passes were high especially for a small receiver.
      09-12-2016, 12:35 PM   #274
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
That you touch it you should of caught is dumb. the passes were high especially for a small receiver.
he had 2 hands on them. i agree, if you can only touch it with 1 hand, you dont have to catch it, but 2 hands, cmon. That pass at the 2 was high, but you gotta make that catch in the NFL.

Almost as bad as Stills...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 12:37 AM   #275
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Crickets in this bitch now. Lol Seattle who. Arizona who. Lol watch us lose the rest of the season haha.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 12:42 AM   #276
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Crickets in this bitch now. Lol Seattle who. Arizona who. Lol watch us lose the rest of the season haha.
Wouldn't talk too loud..so the two bay teams are in first place..shsshh
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2016, 01:39 AM   #277
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic
Exactly what ^ said-

You beat the Rams at home, pump your breaks. Win up at Seattle in two weeks then start pounding your chest
      09-13-2016, 01:40 AM   #278
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens
Quote:
Wouldn't talk too loud..so the two bay teams are in first place..shsshh
Tied for first-

Seattle won too ya know.
      09-13-2016, 02:44 AM   #279
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Exactly what ^ said-

You beat the Rams at home, pump your breaks. Win up at Seattle in two weeks then start pounding your chest
I'm excited now the Hawks look like shit. Not sure if you watched the game. They played like assbuckets. Wilson is gimpy too. Lol should be fun.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 02:45 AM   #280
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Tied for first-

Seattle won too ya know.
Yea the w-l column says that was a win. But was it really. They better get better fast.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 02:47 AM   #281
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic
Quote:
Exactly what ^ said-

I'm excited now the Hawks look like shit. Not sure if you watched the game. They played like assbuckets. Wilson is gimpy too. Lol should be fun.
Screenshot.

See you in two weeks
      09-13-2016, 11:05 AM   #282
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

Quote:
Yea the w-l column says that was a win. But was it really. They better get better fast.
The offense must improve, the defense was lights out. But do you honestly think Santa Clara is going to beat the Hawks at home? The only way that happens is if they play down to the 9ers.

Good win though, It must be a relief that maybe you're not the worst in the division. I think the Rams have just gone through too much with the constant moving and Hard Knocks on top.., too many distractions. But a lot of teams looked like crap the first week, we will see how it pans out.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 11:33 AM   #283
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13775.50
      09-13-2016, 11:38 AM   #284
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Week 2 time!

Can the Giants jump to a 2-0 record in the NFC (L)east against the Saints?
Can Dak rebound and get DallASS a win at WAS?
Will Wentz have another good game at the Windy City?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 12:54 PM   #285
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Week 2 time!

Can the Giants jump to a 2-0 record in the NFC (L)east against the Saints?
Can Dak rebound and get DallASS a win at WAS?
Will Wentz have another good game at the Windy City?
Cowboys just need to abuse that 2nd cb like Steelers did. Hopefully the Skins keep up that moronic defensive scheme that doesnt have Norman following the #1 wr.

Giants dont have the defense to stop the Saints, but Wentz could have a shot at another decent game vs the lackluster bears.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 01:05 PM   #286
CantCatchMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i xdrive msport(E92)

I can't wait to see the Panthers rebound easily this week at home against the Niners. I don't see Renners sucking too bad this game. Also, the Lions offense looked better than I thought then again that defense is awful in Indy. The Lions defense has to play better against the Titans.
Appreciate 0