Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin BMW CarData

08-10-2020, 05:03 PM   #1
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

BMW CarData

Has anyone used the BMW CarData option in your connecteddrive account online? I was going through it and apparently the car sends all check control messages and errors and stuff from the car to BMW via CarData. I have requested for my CarData and they said it'll take upto 24hrs to send it to me. I was wondering if anyone else has checked it and requested one or knows what the content is.

I decided to check it out because, today morning, my car said it needs an oil change in 1300 miles (I'm at just under 6500 miles at the moment). I checked my mail and was surprised to find an email from the dealer I bought my car from saying my car requested a service appointment for an oil change and that I should call them or go online and make one! I was wondering what else my car has been telling the dealer or BMW about me and decided to dig deep into my connecteddrive account. Thats when I noticed CarData under my profile. I'm curious as to what they know!
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0