Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Has anyone done any upgrades to their M340i?

12-03-2019, 03:51 PM   #23
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman123 View Post
Is it really that easy to switch between tune and stock? Been thinking about MP's tune but didnt want to be stuck with it if I needed to go to the dealer.
For my 340i I can flash back and forth in minutes between tuned and stock.

I'm stuck in California with 91 crap gas and typically run 2 gallons of E85 whenever I can but I'm happy to know I can run 91 with no E85 if need be and the tune adapts.

Soccer tournament with my daughter last weekend- burned through my 91/E85 tank and had no concern dropping in 91 in my tank and driving home. Heavy rain is coming tomorrow so don't need the max HP so I'll just burn through my tank of 91 with no concern

Last edited by chenry; 12-04-2019 at 10:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 04:32 PM   #24
Eddie_NYC
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
The above questions really depend on which software version you are running. If you have gone to a dealer and they have specifically UPDATED your vehicle any time from 11/05/19 and later, then you are probably running the latest tuning protection version which blocks us from flashing over OBD. In this case, we will need a computer here at our office to get you unlocked. Once unlocked, you can OBD flash your car to tuned or back to stock anytime you like using your windows laptop. Again, this only applies to customers that have been flashed by a dealer in the last 25 days. Everyone else can enjoy simple flashing over OBD at any time they like.

And yes, it really is that simple. Plug your laptop to your car over enet cable, follow on screen instructions and you are done. Unlocking ecu takes 5 minutes and flash changes take only 1 minute.
thanks for the reply, and to be honest for.me it's really between you guys or jb4. I dont have my car yet and expect to get it sometime at the end of the month hopefully, perhaps even Jan. I will obviously have the latest version and with that in mind, are there any other option in works other than sending you guys the ecu for that initial crack? or will this be the only way along forward?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 06:08 PM   #25
senderhomes
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340I

Quote:
The above questions really depend on which software version you are running. If you have gone to a dealer and they have specifically UPDATED your vehicle any time from 11/05/19 and later, then you are probably running the latest tuning protection version which blocks us from flashing over OBD. In this case, we will need a computer here at our office to get you unlocked. Once unlocked, you can OBD flash your car to tuned or back to stock anytime you like using your windows laptop. Again, this only applies to customers that have been flashed by a dealer in the last 25 days. Everyone else can enjoy simple flashing over OBD at any time they like.

And yes, it really is that simple. Plug your laptop to your car over enet cable, follow on screen instructions and you are done. Unlocking ecu takes 5 minutes and flash changes take only 1 minute.
Mine hasn't been touched since i bought it in April. Do you guys offer different maps that can be swapped out as I please once I buy the tune? Also is your price 700? Are there discounts on that? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 06:13 PM   #26
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
You get access to the maps you purchase so if you purchase only stage 1 then you get access to original and stage 1. If you purchase stage 2 then you get access to stage 2, stage 1 and original.

The prices are on website and depend on what options you go with. Make sure you are looking at Gxx platform B58 since you have m340. Also there is still a valid promotion going on at 20% off. Thanks.
Appreciate 3
chenry2346.00
MAKH 587.00
      06-22-2020, 11:35 PM   #27
SunsetSleeper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340Xi

I did a muffler delete & quad exhaust tips along with full M Performance body kit.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 11:40 PM   #28
muscledroid
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetSleeper View Post
I did a muffler delete & quad exhaust tips along with full M Performance body kit.
Which quad exhaust setup did you install? Dinan?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2020, 10:20 PM   #29
SunsetSleeper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledroid View Post
It’s custom my friend welded pieces together it sounds unlike any BMW I have heard.

I have some clips on IG @drewpholmes or @shoestockx on IG or Tik Tok.

If I learn how to post video clips I can put some up.

Sunset sleeper
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2020, 10:22 PM   #30
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetSleeper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscledroid View Post
It's custom my friend welded pieces together it sounds unlike any BMW I have heard.

I have some clips on IG @drewpholmes or @shoestockx on IG or Tik Tok.

If I learn how to post video clips I can put some up.

Sunset sleeper
you can't post video on this forum - you have to simply put the link in your post to where it is publicly available / hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 09:17 PM   #31
bSwiazzy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M

quick question, can you run a downpipe with no tune? are there any issues?

is JB4 + DP a good option?

just creating conversation on this.
2021 X3M // RGSport Midpipe + MSS + RaceChipGTS // Retired
2016 Rav4
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 04:56 PM   #32
cc009
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i X drive

Quote:

would unlocking the ecu basically immediately void any warranty as wouldn't it be recorded or its no?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 01:29 AM   #33
plopez12808
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc009 View Post
would unlocking the ecu basically immediately void any warranty as wouldn't it be recorded or its no?
I'm guessing you just have to flash it back to stock before you take it to a dealership
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 03:34 PM   #34
moto111
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 15 mustang

flashing it back to stock wouldnt matter at that point. any true flash will get flagged i know that much lol
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 03:59 PM   #35
john!smith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i XDrive

catless downpipe
chargepipe
mhd custom map stage 2
eibach pro kit
eibach spacers
full m performance exterior

folowing
eibach anti roll kit
arma speed intake

after that hopefully no further ideas or needs 😉
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2020, 04:28 PM   #36
SemtexGT
Romanian Spy
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by john!smith View Post
catless downpipe
chargepipe
mhd custom map stage 2
eibach pro kit
eibach spacers
full m performance exterior

folowing
eibach anti roll kit
arma speed intake

after that hopefully no further ideas or needs 😉
Maybe an exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 01:50 AM   #37
plopez12808
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto111 View Post
flashing it back to stock wouldnt matter at that point. any true flash will get flagged i know that much lol
So if it's a lease completely avoid a flash then?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 02:29 PM   #38
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopez12808 View Post
So if it's a lease completely avoid a flash then?
**Disclaimer** I am happily flashed with Mission Performance :-)

No flash away just be aware that if you have a failure that the dealer/BMW can attribute to the flash you will be paying out of pocket. This holds true for flashes, piggybacks or any other modifications for that matter.

While the dealer/BMW can more easily detect a flash vs a removed piggyback - be assured that if you have a failure a removed piggyback will be detected.

The good news is with basic stage 1 or 2 flashes by the major players (Mission, PTF, MHD, Carbauhn etc) or piggybacks (JB, Active, Race Chip etc) failures are few and far between - in fact I don't know of one with the B58 (any failures I have read about are by those that have pushed far beyond a stage 2 and introduced things such as meth etc..)

ps- despite rumors by a few posters there is presently no pro-active cancellation of warranties by BMW when a flash or piggyback is detected / there is also presently not an issue with leased vehicles that have been flashed or had a piggyback installed. While that may change at some point that is not the reality today in the US

Last edited by chenry; 09-16-2020 at 10:10 PM.. Reason: typos of course :-)
Appreciate 1
MAKH 587.00
      09-16-2020, 09:22 PM   #39
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
I know there was a bmw technician on here (or claimed to be previously) that was making the pro active warranty cancellation claims due to tuning which scared me away from both flash and piggy backs but I too am yet to see any drastic failures caused by anyone who's tuned responsibly.

Guess it's the unknown that causes me hesitation. Would hate to turn my leased car in 2 years later to find out BMW does a mandatory DME history search etc
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 09:43 PM   #40
plopez12808
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
I know there was a bmw technician on here (or claimed to be previously) that was making the pro active warranty cancellation claims due to tuning which scared me away from both flash and piggy backs but I too am yet to see any drastic failures caused by anyone who's tuned responsibly.

Guess it's the unknown that causes me hesitation. Would hate to turn my leased car in 2 years later to find out BMW does a mandatory DME history search etc
I doubt they will go that far. They only care about cosmetics and no service lights.
Appreciate 0