Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Apple CarPlay Group Text Issue

09-13-2020, 03:45 PM   #1
Peter619
peter619
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 530i xDrive

Apple CarPlay Group Text Issue

I have an iPhone 11 Pro and I've noticed that after I connect to my 2019 330i, and I try to send a text to 2 people in CarPlay, the automatic first response is "Sorry, there was a problem with the app". After that, I can send a text to those same 2 people but subsequent group texts to different people always results in the same error message on first attempt. It's a real pain because you know that your first text attempt will always fail and you have to do it twice. Does not happen when texting to a single person.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 04:47 AM   #2
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter619 View Post
I have an iPhone 11 Pro and I've noticed that after I connect to my 2019 330i, and I try to send a text to 2 people in CarPlay, the automatic first response is "Sorry, there was a problem with the app". After that, I can send a text to those same 2 people but subsequent group texts to different people always results in the same error message on first attempt. It's a real pain because you know that your first text attempt will always fail and you have to do it twice. Does not happen when texting to a single person.

Anyone else experiencing this?

That’s strange...I know you’ll probably get the response to reset idrive, but I would work on the phone. I have an 11Pro Max on Verizon, and honestly...it’s been terrible with network connections and Bluetooth connections. For instance, I’ll go days without any incoming calls...just voicemails. Here’s the two things I would try outside of resetting idrive:

1. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings
2. Reboot the iPhone using this following sequence: Press and Release VOLUME UP then VOLUME DOWN and immediately press and hold the POWER button. Keep holding until the phone turns off and release once you see the Apple icon pop up.

Give these a shot. Depending on how crazy you want to get, if that doesn’t work, then I would remove your device from iDrive and forget the Bluetooth and WiFi connections to the BMW from your iPhone. Hope this helps...I’ve never heard that happening before.
Appreciate 0