Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Toyota Chairman Says “People Are Finally Seeing Reality” Of EVs

10-29-2023, 06:52 AM   #45
domacuratl
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

We are already know electric cars were invented before gasoline powered cars. Now I am going to make one more point and show to the masses how battery powered cars have already at least disappointed you once in your life. Can you remember when you were a child and you had a remote control car or a power wheels toy; How many times when you were having fun playing with it and when that battery died the many time you were disappointed. Then overtime you realized you either had to keep recharging the batteries if you had a rechargeable type of batteries or had to replace the batteries; How that became a inconvenience. Did we not learn already that battery powered cars is not it from the past in the 1800s and also during our childhood; Don't believe the hype or the lie in global warming being created by man. Too much misinformation out there.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2023, 11:32 AM   #46
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by domacuratl View Post
We are already know electric cars were invented before gasoline powered cars. Now I am going to make one more point and show to the masses how battery powered cars have already at least disappointed you once in your life. Can you remember when you were a child and you had a remote control car or a power wheels toy; How many times when you were having fun playing with it and when that battery died the many time you were disappointed. Then overtime you realized you either had to keep recharging the batteries if you had a rechargeable type of batteries or had to replace the batteries; How that became a inconvenience. Did we not learn already that battery powered cars is not it from the past in the 1800s and also during our childhood; Don't believe the hype or the lie in global warming being created by man. Too much misinformation out there.
You are totally off your rocker and yelling at clouds. The battery-powered RC world has gone absolutely bonkers as this technology has become prevalent. They may have chosen speed over run-time, but it's absolutely incredible what they do now. And the E-bike revolution in cycling. It is absolutely making over the entire industry as lard-buckets choose convenience over exercise. Point is, these aren't disappointing people, the are highly sought after because they work and have revolutionized these industries. Yeah, I remember the crappy ni-cad batteries and cars and 30' range. If you think that's where we are, you need a serious adjustment.
      10-29-2023, 01:32 PM   #47
domacuratl
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
You are totally off your rocker and yelling at clouds. The battery-powered RC world has gone absolutely bonkers as this technology has become prevalent. They may have chosen speed over run-time, but it's absolutely incredible what they do now. And the E-bike revolution in cycling. It is absolutely making over the entire industry as lard-buckets choose convenience over exercise. Point is, these aren't disappointing people, the are highly sought after because they work and have revolutionized these industries. Yeah, I remember the crappy ni-cad batteries and cars and 30' range. If you think that's where we are, you need a serious adjustment.
Your hilarious! I am sure there could be an application use for a complete electric type of vehicle but to take over gasoline powered vehicles, No flipping way! I'm not going to sit here and list all of the cons electric vehicles pose and the big agenda being push down peoples throat which is absurd. Like I previous said before there are other technologies that are out there that are far superior to electric vehicles in all aspects if going green is the goal like water powered vehicles. It's time to take the red pill!

Here's a video of a Hypercar that runs on water with a range of 1,500 kilometers that's over 900 miles per tank.

Last edited by domacuratl; 10-29-2023 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 01:59 PM   #48
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by domacuratl View Post
Your hilarious! I am sure there could be an application use for a complete electric type of vehicle but to take over gasoline powered vehicles, No flipping way! I'm not going to sit here and list all of the cons electric vehicles pose and the big agenda being push down peoples throat which is absurd. Like I previous said before there are other technologies that are out there that are far superior to electric vehicles in all aspects if going green is the goal like water powered vehicles. It's time to take the red pill!

Here's a video of a Hypercar that runs on water with a range of 1,500 kilometers that's over 900 miles per tank.

OK boomer
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 02:57 PM   #49
KillerExcessive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 6MT F80 6MT F87 6MT G82CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Right, because you know to plug in only when the grid is fed by nuke or hydro...

And the Greens just LOVE fish-killing hydro and Chernobal/Fukushima nuclear generation.
I see you’re swinging. Not sure though at whom, for what, since I don’t actually disagree with you on much.

Just pointing out that parts of your argument isn’t effective.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17313.50
      10-29-2023, 04:15 PM   #50
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerExcessive View Post
I see you’re swinging. Not sure though at whom, for what, since I don’t actually disagree with you on much.

Just pointing out that parts of your argument isn’t effective.
Fair enough. Apology offered. But I take the adoption of EV on the whole, not just in stovepipe segments.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 10-29-2023 at 04:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 05:54 PM   #51
domacuratl
Rep

Here is another type of superior technology coming down the pipeline:

Appreciate 0