Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Looking for honest advice - dealers/truckers/owners

03-29-2020, 09:44 PM   #1
Evitomotua
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Looking for honest advice - dealers/truckers/owners

So....some of you folks may know me from my gruelling and sometimes obsessive posts on tracking delivery of my new Dravit Grey m340i from December last year. Pretty sure most of us here are in the same league in any case!

By way of update - the car is (finally) on its way to me! It was picked up at the dealer on Thursday 3/36.

Here is where things get complicated -

The trucking company picked up the car (arranged thru Montway) from the dealer last week, took pictures at the dealer (or so it looks like) which shows scratches and marring on the car. The dealer (or individual) who provided the trucker with the keys did not sign the BoL. The trucker took delivery regardless of the dealer signing the BoL and called me 40mins from the dealer to inform me of the scratches. The trucker also took a picture of the BoL showing marked areas on car, again at the dealer.

Now... the car is due tomorrow and I am not sure how to tackle this one. One of the scratches catches the finger nail apparently, the other is more swirl/marring.

Since it is a lease, I don't want to be liable at lease hand-in for any marks.

As always, Bimmerpost, your thoughts are much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 09:53 PM   #2
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Can you post the pics they sent you on here?

Swirls are inevitable and are a gift from the dealership. Fortunately, those can be fixed easily.

Scratches that your nail catches can be reduced a bit too. But to get rid of it completely, you’ll have to touch up that area with paint. Like I mentioned before, photos will help.

If that is the only thing stopping you from taking delivery and there are no other issues, and since it’s a lease, I personally would take delivery of the car. But then, not everyone is like me. So yes.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 09:55 PM   #3
Evitomotua
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

pictures attached - I hope
these are all I received. Apparently mirror cap and back door/fender is also scratched.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 10:22 PM   #4
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Any scratches or dings or dents that happen during transport are taken care of at PDC. This all had to have happened between the time the car left the port and was going to or at the dealer or being picked up to be delivered to you.

I wouldn't take delivery. Unacceptable that a dealer has even allowed the car to be picked up and delivered in that condition. I think it is time to follow up to see how the dealer will fix this issue. If they decide they don't want to play ball, take to the internet and write a review and post those pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 10:58 PM   #5
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

I would NEVER except that on a new car. Why would you? Tell the dealer you want a better car with more equipment off the lot for the same price. That's unacceptable.

Especially after paying nearly 2K for Dravit gray paint. NO WAY.
Appreciate 1