BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

05-07-2023, 10:26 AM   #1
Sparky_12
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp xDrive Convertibl

Interesting video from Larry cleaning up a press car. I don’t own a frozen car but looks like some decent tips on keeping it in tip top shape. He also gives his impression of the ride and the buckets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfrRcQ8QtrU
Appreciate 4
Bur4k52.00
Ilyam5897.50
Higgy_CSL747.50
      05-07-2023, 11:12 AM   #2
jpdchicago
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL, X3MC

Thanks! Interesting tips for sure.
Also interesting is that people have no clue about the fact that those buckets are fully adjustable in hight and lean angle. This guy saying that you have to drive crunched up is totally false. Did not do his homework.
Yes, you do require tools but it is a quick process once the hight has been adjusted. I keep the right tools handy just in case I let someone else drive. Just takes 5 mns maximum to change the angle of the seats.
I recently drove 150 miles very comfortably.
I absolutely love those seats in terms of both look and fit.
Appreciate 4
Sparky_12362.00
02M3ForMe4267.50
Hit_Apex2393.00
      05-07-2023, 02:45 PM   #3
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky_12 View Post
Interesting video from Larry cleaning up a press car. I don’t own a frozen car but looks like some decent tips on keeping it in tip top shape. He also gives his impression of the ride and the buckets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfrRcQ8QtrU
So, uh… yeah I don’t want my back to scream and my teeth to rattle out of my head.

But anyway, these carbon fiber seats are the most comfortable things in the literal world everyone should own them and if they don’t, they’re a failure. They are the most comfortable seats ever made and they look like the most comfortable and amazing seats ever made.

Ever made, ever, wouldn’t buy a car without them.

Ever.

^
This forum.
Appreciate 2
wavyyyy1046.50
ottm354.00
      05-07-2023, 05:50 PM   #4
Asymmetrick
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4/G82 CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdchicago View Post
Also interesting is that people have no clue about the fact that those buckets are fully adjustable in hight and lean angle. This guy saying that you have to drive crunched up is totally false. Did not do his homework.

Yes, you do require tools but it is a quick process once the hight has been adjusted. I keep the right tools handy just in case I let someone else drive. Just takes 5 mns maximum to change the angle of the seats.
I recently drove 150 miles very comfortably.

I absolutely love those seats in terms of both look and fit.
Completely agree with jpdchicago. These seats are incredibly comfortable ONCE adjusted for height and incline.

Takes 5 mins to adjust the incline with a basic 13mm ratcheting wrench and Torx 45 bit. It's a shame BMW AG/NA did not make a short video or provide simple instructions to show reviewers how to do this (owners figured this out a long time ago). This would have preempted the kind of misguided complaints heard in the video.
||| 2016 Mineral Silver X5 40e
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 06:12 PM   #5
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asymmetrick View Post
Completely agree with jpdchicago. These seats are incredibly comfortable ONCE adjusted for height and incline.

Takes 5 mins to adjust the incline with a basic 13mm ratcheting wrench and Torx 45 bit. It's a shame BMW AG/NA did not make a short video or provide simple instructions to show reviewers how to do this (owners figured this out a long time ago). This would have preempted the kind of misguided complaints heard in the video.
I’m sure a quick wrenching would make him see the light. You’d just need to hit him over the head with it.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 06:31 PM   #6
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
I wanted them, sat in them before i ordered and thought they were ridiculous. Uncomfortable, impractical and a bit embarrassing to show up at the office in. The sport seats are wonderful.
Appreciate 1
DO4441410.50
      05-07-2023, 09:04 PM   #7
Asymmetrick
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4/G82 CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzanerazzurri View Post
I wanted them, sat in them before i ordered and thought they were ridiculous. Uncomfortable, impractical and a bit embarrassing to show up at the office in.
I would be surprised any Canadian dealership let you sat in a CSL full/race bucket before allowing you to order yours. Most of 'em got only one allocation for the car and they were sold before they hit the dealerships. I guess you are probably referring to the other CF bucket seats available in the regular G8x.

I had both the CF race bucket seats (CSL) and regular sport seats (previous G80 M3). My take on these options: Once you learn how to ingress/egress from the CF bucket seats, they are as comfortable as the regular sports seats, feel way more special & connected to the car and are vastly superior for spirited driving.

Sport seats are better if you frequently take passengers in your car and/or if you value simpler access to the seats (both reasons being completely legit factors to option these seats afaik).

In the end, to each their own. I agree with you that the CF bucket seats are not for everyone, especially if you plan to daily the car to an office-type workplace.
||| 2016 Mineral Silver X5 40e
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 04:12 AM   #8
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asymmetrick View Post
I would be surprised any Canadian dealership let you sat in a CSL full/race bucket before allowing you to order yours. Most of 'em got only one allocation for the car and they were sold before they hit the dealerships. I guess you are probably referring to the other CF bucket seats available in the regular G8x.

I had both the CF race bucket seats (CSL) and regular sport seats (previous G80 M3). My take on these options: Once you learn how to ingress/egress from the CF bucket seats, they are as comfortable as the regular sports seats, feel way more special & connected to the car and are vastly superior for spirited driving.

Sport seats are better if you frequently take passengers in your car and/or if you value simpler access to the seats (both reasons being completely legit factors to option these seats afaik).

In the end, to each their own. I agree with you that the CF bucket seats are not for everyone, especially if you plan to daily the car to an office-type workplace.
Sport seats are better if you like to please your ass more than your eyes.

The only way CF seats are better is if you are racing. In all other situations, they just aren’t.

So many reviewers have said the same thing. They aren’t too comfortable, pick your poison, be mindful of your intended use yada yada.

Do you like to please your ass/back more?
Comfort seats.

Do you like to please your/others eyes more?
CF buckets.
Appreciate 2