Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Engine Power Option Missing from Intsrument Panel Settings

05-14-2023, 05:41 PM   #1
Conezz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20

Engine Power Option Missing from Intsrument Panel Settings

Hi there.

I made a coding adjustment to the side tilt mirrors. After that, I notice the instrument panel was showing the odometer and trip info on the right. For some reason, the option to change it to the Engine Power is missing in in the Display Settings option.

Any ideas? The only options I have are the Reduced Mode and Additional Information.

Thank you.
Attached Images

Last edited by Conezz; 05-15-2023 at 01:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2023, 01:46 PM   #2
Conezz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20

Hi there. I know this is an older post but did anyone ever solve this? I’m having the same exact problem. All I did was change a setting for the side mirror tilt. I tried doing a back up from the BimmerCode app and it still didn’t rectify the issue.

Was anybody able to get it fixed by having the dealership do a manual software update? Thank you! My instrument panel only displays the odometer info. The settings is missing the Engine Power option.
Attached Images

Last edited by Conezz; 05-15-2023 at 01:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2023, 08:12 AM   #3
AlpineAl27
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 330e Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conezz View Post
Hi there. I know this is an older post but did anyone ever solve this? I’m having the same exact problem. All I did was change a setting for the side mirror tilt. I tried doing a back up from the BimmerCode app and it still didn’t rectify the issue.

Was anybody able to get it fixed by having the dealership do a manual software update? Thank you! My instrument panel only displays the odometer info. The settings is missing the Engine Power option.
Did you press the BC button on the end of the blinker stalk to cycle through the options...?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2023, 09:15 AM   #4
billnchristy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

Garage List
I'd be happy to lose that feature, I hate when it randomly decides to reset to it.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2023, 03:07 PM   #5
TheKandyman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

This post is a little confusing.
The Instrument panel menu where you are in the picture is supposed to have an "Engine Display" menu item which has 'Tachometer' and 'Power meter.' as sub-items. You are missing this menu item. That menu item controls the outer right-side part of the instrument cluster - which is showing the Tachometer in the picture. Is this what you are trying to fix/change to Power meter?
- OR -
Are you trying to change the inner widget which is showing trip info in the picture, to the "Efficiency display" (looks like a mini power meter, showing fuel consumption and energy recovery)?

If you want to do the latter, that is done by toggling the upper button on the turn signal stalk as AlpineAl27 mentioned.
Appreciate 0