Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Notification "Preparing driver assistance systems"

06-22-2020, 02:35 PM   #1
Jondrane
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330

Notification "Preparing driver assistance systems"

I have just collected my 330i and have an issue already with it. I have done a search here and seen a thread about driver assistance reduced but couldn’t find anything about preparing.

My issue is I drove the car for the first time since collection Today and there was a notification stating “Prepiring driver assistance systems”. On selecting this it gives very little further information.
I thought this was because I disabled lane departure warning but the message was still there after reactivating the lane departure.

On leaving work I noticed prior to starting the car it was not there, and did not return until after a few minutes of driving.

I pulled over on the way home and shut the car off and it cleared but after a few more minutes driving it reappears. My commute is about 35miles and it was there the rest of the way home.

I am planning on contacting my local dealer tomorrow to look at this but has anybody else seen this?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 05:54 PM   #2
blazesquall
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 m340i, G30 m550i LCI

I don't recall needing a calibration period for mine. The car had a few miles on it thou. Worth calling thou.
Appreciate 0