General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoffyddd View Post
Hi Shawn,
Could you please share the latest E-Sys, data etc.?
Much appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallabyjack View Post
Any chance to get the latest files as well? Thank you verry much
PM's sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 03:47 PM   #442
kioske
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 & 2021 G05

Hi Shawn, can I have the latest psdzdata as well?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 04:32 PM   #443
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kioske View Post
Hi Shawn, can I have the latest psdzdata as well?
Thanks
PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 04:46 PM   #444
kioske
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 & 2021 G05

Where can I find the most common coded features and their corresponding E-Sys keys? Or should I just google each one separately? Like Video In Motion, there were more than one keys to be looked up and edited in E-Sys but for Volume Popup Window Disable there was only one key and was easy to find. How about the others?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 07:34 PM   #445
siegester
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kioske View Post
Where can I find the most common coded features and their corresponding E-Sys keys? Or should I just google each one separately? Like Video In Motion, there were more than one keys to be looked up and edited in E-Sys but for Volume Popup Window Disable there was only one key and was easy to find. How about the others?
If Launcher Pro, use the chest authors I mentioned in the OP. For Esys-x, you can read the XML files on GitHub (link in OP). VIM codes are covered by Jokinawa's cheats. The links in my OP also help with reading XML if it is unfamiliar to you. Here is the relevant link from Amaretto's post on that - https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/i...v2-4-x.874588/

Last edited by siegester; 11-28-2020 at 08:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 02:32 AM   #446
farukdanis
Rep
Drives: 320

Hi Shawn!
Would you please PM me the latest links for E-Sys, Token, Launcher and PSDZData?
Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 10:02 AM   #447
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by farukdanis View Post
Hi Shawn!
Would you please PM me the latest links for E-Sys, Token, Launcher and PSDZData?
Thanks in advance!
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 07:54 AM   #448
jlik
Registered
Rep
Drives: VW Passat

I will get my new BMW 330e in early January and I was thinking of getting BimCOM from http://www.obdtester.com because it seems to be rather similar with Ross-Tech's VCDS which I have been using with all my VW Passats. I'm not a fan of smart phone apps like BimmerCode.

It's not clear to me at all why you need two softwares, EsysX and Launcher Pro. If I want to buy EsysX do I need the expert version? Which cable should I get?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 02:42 PM   #449
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlik View Post
I will get my new BMW 330e in early January and I was thinking of getting BimCOM from http://www.obdtester.com because it seems to be rather similar with Ross-Tech's VCDS which I have been using with all my VW Passats. I'm not a fan of smart phone apps like BimmerCode.

It's not clear to me at all why you need two softwares, EsysX and Launcher Pro. If I want to buy EsysX do I need the expert version? Which cable should I get?
You dont need both. Just get esysx and you don't need expert version.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 06:06 PM   #450
Belgian_Bimmer
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Hi Shawn!
Would you please PM me the latest links for E-Sys and PSDZData?
Thanks in advance!

Previous: 325i coupé (e36) - 520D (e60) - 530D xDrive (F10)
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 06:14 PM   #451
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgian_Bimmer View Post
Hi Shawn!
Would you please PM me the latest links for E-Sys and PSDZData?
Thanks in advance!
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 07:52 AM   #452
RoboPapa
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi Shawn,

Please send link to latest PSdZData_Lite.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 08:46 AM   #453
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboPapa View Post
Hi Shawn,

Thanks.
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 12:28 PM   #454
Daimionsdog
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 G20

Hi Shawn,

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 12:31 PM   #455
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimionsdog View Post
Hi Shawn,

Thanks.
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 06:38 PM   #456
imkrris
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw m850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by siegester View Post
[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]CODE AT YOUR OWN RISK[/COLOR][/SIZE]

There is evidence that suggests BMW detects coding and automatically flags your car as modified which could spell potential trouble with future warranty claims.
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1742168

[SIZE="6"]Getting Started[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]EsysX vs Launcher Pro 3.x[/SIZE]

Esys is the software you need to interface with your car and code it. However, a few years back BMW obfuscated the data in Esys. In order to be able to make any sense of the information in Esys, you now need a launcher program. The two main ones are EsysX and Launcher Pro.

[SIZE="4"]EsysX[/SIZE]
Can be found at https://esysx.com/. I am not familiar with EsysX but it is similar to Launcher Pro from what I have read.

[SIZE="4"]Launcher Pro[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Red"]Tokenmaster is currently non-responsive, so look into EsysX for the time being[/COLOR]
You must get a version later than 3.0 for G series coding. 2.x versions will NOT have the needed data.

fxx token master AT gmail DOT com (no spaces and use symbols/punctuation)
To get Launcher Pro email tokenmaster directly and request the donation instructions. You should receive an auto reply detailing the exact steps and requirements. Follow those and you should get launcher pro 3.x fairly quickly.
[COLOR="Red"]Tokenmaster is currently non-responsive, so look into EsysX for the time being[/COLOR]

[SIZE="6"]Esys Software and instructions[/SIZE]

Once you have a launcher app, it's time to get Esys. Almaretto has a great post detailing everything you need to setup Esys here - https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/c...#post-10193333

Shortcuts from the link above

[SIZE="6"]Coding instructions[/SIZE]

Once you have all the software installed, go here - https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=983245 for information on how to code with Esys.

[SIZE="6"]Cheat Codes[/SIZE]

Scroll down to section "5. Cheat Sheets" here - https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=983245. Cheat sheets are not relevant to the G series as they have moved to XML format

*Note
If you have issues updating cheat codes, go to - https://github.com/packetpilot/bmw-f/tree/master/cheats - and downloaded the repository as a ZIP. Then extract the contents of the cheats folder to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\TokenMaster\E-Sys Launcher PRO\FDLCodes (Windows OS with Launcher PRO )

[SIZE="4"]G20 Cheat code authors[/SIZE]
Launcher Pro I selected the Authors I wanted to load. The following are Authors are good to start with for g20 coding (s18a):
  • Siegester
  • jokinawa
*Please note that my cheats are designed to work on US 07.2020.x software versions. Some items that were previously cheats have changed, or are no longer necessary with the latest software. If your car has an older version, then the cheats may not work perfectly for you.

[SIZE="6"]G20 Coding[/SIZE]

You can view what I have coded in a more readable format at - https://github.com/siegester03/bmw-g-series-coding

[SIZE="4"]So far, I have successfully coded the following[/SIZE]:
  • Remove legal disclaimers (HU_MGU cheat)
  • m startup animation (HU_MGU cheat)
  • ASS memory (dme cheat, code with engine off)
  • ASD off (RAM cheat)
  • air con memory (IHKA cheat)
  • video in motion (HU_MGU cheat)
  • close trunk from fob (hkfm2 cheat)
  • close trunk from door switch (hkfm2 cheat)
  • Coasting (HU_MGU cheat)
  • Speed Correction (dkombi cheat)
  • 5x Turn Indicator (HU_MGU cheat)
  • Lane change assistance (hu_mgu, sas cheat)
  • Comfort+ Mode (HU_MGU and BDC_BODY3 cheat)
  • Auto activate heated steering wheel when cold (hu_mgu, bdc_body) This was enabled from the factory for me when I was updated to 07.2020
  • comfort+ mode (bdc_body cheat)
  • enable sailing (bdc_body cheat)
  • anti-dazzle/no glare high beams (BDC_BODY3 cheats)
  • independent rear turn indicators (EU style but still red)(BDC_BODY3 cheats)

Testing/Verifying
  • Flashing Brake Force Display (bdc_body cheat)
  • full SMS display (hu_mgu cheat)

Does not work on the G20 due to hardware limitation
  • Seat heat distribution

[SIZE="4"]G20 items without cheat codes[/SIZE]
Code:

Feature                           ECU          Property                         Value            
auto steering wheel heat          HU_MGU       AKT_Auto_Lenkrad                  aktiv
                                  BDC_BODY     LHZ_CCM_IKF                       aktiv
                                  BDC_BODY     IKF_ENABLE                        ikf_alle_sitze

lane change assistance            BDC_BODY     SPURWECHSEL_ASSISTENT             aktiv
                                  HU_MGU       SPURWECHSELASSISTENT              gen_1
                                  SAS2         C_SWA_VORHANDED                   NR001_VORHANDEN
*Note: any feature not found in the table above is already available through the cheat code authors I mentioned.

You can view my pending cheat codes here - https://github.com/packetpilot/bmw-f...0783afcf8f2eb0
Quote:
Originally Posted by siegester View Post
[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]CODE AT YOUR OWN RISK[/COLOR][/SIZE]

There is evidence that suggests BMW detects coding and automatically flags your car as modified which could spell potential trouble with future warranty claims.
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1742168

[SIZE="6"]Getting Started[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]EsysX vs Launcher Pro 3.x[/SIZE]

Esys is the software you need to interface with your car and code it. However, a few years back BMW obfuscated the data in Esys. In order to be able to make any sense of the information in Esys, you now need a launcher program. The two main ones are EsysX and Launcher Pro.

[SIZE="4"]EsysX[/SIZE]
Can be found at https://esysx.com/. I am not familiar with EsysX but it is similar to Launcher Pro from what I have read.

[SIZE="4"]Launcher Pro[/SIZE]
You must get a version later than 3.0 for G series coding. 2.x versions will NOT have the needed data.

fxx token master AT gmail DOT com (no spaces and use symbols/punctuation)
To get Launcher Pro email tokenmaster directly and request the donation instructions. You should receive an auto reply detailing the exact steps and requirements. Follow those and you should get launcher pro 3.x fairly quickly.

[SIZE="6"]Esys Software and instructions[/SIZE]

Once you have a launcher app, it's time to get Esys. Almaretto has a great post detailing everything you need to setup Esys here - https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/c...#post-10193333

Shortcuts from the link above
  • Esys 3.27.1 (full functionality)
  • Esys 3.33.4 (latest but missing functionality)
  • Latest PSdZData_Lite

[SIZE="6"]Coding instructions[/SIZE]

Once you have all the software installed, go here - https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=983245 for information on how to code with Esys.

[SIZE="6"]Cheat Codes[/SIZE]

Scroll down to section "5. Cheat Sheets" here - https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=983245. Cheat sheets are not relevant to the G series as they have moved to XML format

*Note
If you have issues updating cheat codes, go to - https://github.com/packetpilot/bmw-f/tree/master/cheats - and downloaded the repository as a ZIP. Then extract the contents of the cheats folder to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\TokenMaster\E-Sys Launcher PRO\FDLCodes (Windows OS with Launcher PRO )

[SIZE="4"]G20 Cheat code authors[/SIZE]
Launcher Pro I selected the Authors I wanted to load. The following are Authors are good to start with for g20 coding (s18a):
  • Siegester
  • jokinawa
*Please note that my cheats are designed to work on US 07.2020.x software versions. Some items that were previously cheats have changed, or are no longer necessary with the latest software. If your car has an older version, then the cheats may not work perfectly for you.

[SIZE="6"]G20 Coding[/SIZE]

You can view what I have coded in a more readable format at - https://github.com/siegester03/bmw-g-series-coding

[SIZE="4"]So far, I have successfully coded the following[/SIZE]:
  • Remove legal disclaimers (HU_MGU cheat)
  • m startup animation (HU_MGU cheat)
  • ASS memory (dme cheat, code with engine off)
  • ASD off (RAM cheat)
  • air con memory (IHKA cheat)
  • video in motion (HU_MGU cheat)
  • close trunk from fob (hkfm2 cheat)
  • close trunk from door switch (hkfm2 cheat)
  • Coasting (HU_MGU cheat)
  • Speed Correction (dkombi cheat)
  • 5x Turn Indicator (HU_MGU cheat)
  • Lane change assistance (hu_mgu, sas cheat)
  • Comfort+ Mode (HU_MGU and BDC_BODY3 cheat)
  • Auto activate heated steering wheel when cold (hu_mgu, bdc_body) This was enabled from the factory for me when I was updated to 07.2020
  • comfort+ mode (bdc_body cheat)
  • enable sailing (bdc_body cheat)
  • anti-dazzle/no glare high beams (BDC_BODY3 cheats)
  • independent rear turn indicators (EU style but still red)(BDC_BODY3 cheats)

Testing/Verifying
  • Flashing Brake Force Display (bdc_body cheat)
  • full SMS display (hu_mgu cheat)

Does not work on the G20 due to hardware limitation
  • Seat heat distribution

[SIZE="4"]G20 items without cheat codes[/SIZE]
Code:

Feature                           ECU          Property                         Value            
auto steering wheel heat          HU_MGU       AKT_Auto_Lenkrad                  aktiv
                                  BDC_BODY     LHZ_CCM_IKF                       aktiv
                                  BDC_BODY     IKF_ENABLE                        ikf_alle_sitze

lane change assistance            BDC_BODY     SPURWECHSEL_ASSISTENT             aktiv
                                  HU_MGU       SPURWECHSELASSISTENT              gen_1
                                  SAS2         C_SWA_VORHANDED                   NR001_VORHANDEN
*Note: any feature not found in the table above is already available through the cheat code authors I mentioned.

You can view my pending cheat codes here - https://github.com/packetpilot/bmw-f...0783afcf8f2eb0
Does anyone know how can I set my rear view camera to stay on all the time while driving?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 10:12 PM   #457
stanleymail
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i Tourning

Hi Shawn,

Would you please PM me the latest links for E-Sys, Token, Launcher and PSDZData?Many Thanks from newbee ^_^

I will get my new 2021/g21 BMW a fewdays later,can't wait to flash new funtion(a lot of funtion was disable in my location)

Last edited by stanleymail; 12-06-2020 at 10:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 10:36 PM   #458
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleymail View Post
Hi Shawn,

Would you please PM me the latest links for E-Sys, Token, Launcher and PSDZData?Many Thanks from newbee ^_^

I will get my new 2021/g21 BMW a fewdays later,can't wait to flash new funtion(a lot of funtion was disable in my location)
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 06:26 AM   #459
eforty6_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Hey Shawn (from Shaun!),

Would you please PM me the latest links for E-Sys, Token, Launcher and PSDZData? Much appreciated!

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 08:11 AM   #460
bimmerelectric
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330e 2019

Hi Shawn,

I would also appreciate you sending me latest links for E-Sys, Token, Launcher and PSDZData. Thank you very much in advance. Have a nice day
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 10:45 AM   #461
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforty6_m3 View Post
Hey Shawn (from Shaun!),

Would you please PM me the latest links for E-Sys, Token, Launcher and PSDZData? Much appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerelectric View Post
Hi Shawn,

I would also appreciate you sending me latest links for E-Sys, Token, Launcher and PSDZData. Thank you very much in advance. Have a nice day
PM's sent.

Appreciate 1
      12-07-2020, 01:15 PM   #462
k4sh_90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Hey Shawn, would you mind sending over the latest E-Sys, Token, Launcher and PSDZData? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0