BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions G20 Emergency Call Malfunction

11-21-2020, 11:43 PM   #1
EduardoLG
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40i 2023

Arrow G20 Emergency Call Malfunction

Hey everyone, I own a 2020 BMW G20, which is brand new. Being that it's brand new, I wanted to do some stuff to it, so I took it to a local place to wrap some parts of it, including the roof.

After I received the car (which looks stunning btw), I noticed that in my cluster, I have a notification indicating "Emergency Call System Malfunction".

I wanted to know if the notification or the error goes away on its own (given that I've read in some forums sometimes it does), or can I delete said malfunction notification with the OBDLINK MX adapter used to code with Bimmercode?

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 03:47 PM   #2
biglesias31
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduardoLG View Post
Hey everyone, I own a 2020 BMW G20, which is brand new. Being that it's brand new, I wanted to do some stuff to it, so I took it to a local place to wrap some parts of it, including the roof.

After I received the car (which looks stunning btw), I noticed that in my cluster, I have a notification indicating "Emergency Call System Malfunction".

I wanted to know if the notification or the error goes away on its own (given that I've read in some forums sometimes it does), or can I delete said malfunction notification with the OBDLINK MX adapter used to code with Bimmercode?

Thanks!!
When they wrapped your car, they probably removed the shark fin on top that covers the roof antenna. I'm willing to bet that they didn't use a waterproof sealant to re-glue it to the car and now water is entering the roof antenna and TCB module.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 12:42 PM   #3
jk1112
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

I've had this warning a few times after fiddling with the cover panel on the left side under the dash. It clears on its own.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 02:49 PM   #4
biglesias31
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk1112 View Post
I've had this warning a few times after fiddling with the cover panel on the left side under the dash. It clears on its own.
There's an emergency speaker under the left side dash. It could be a loose connector or chafed wires.
Appreciate 0