Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals Our Preview of the G20 3 Series M Sport! [Render]

06-19-2018, 01:08 PM   #177
mr_clueless
Private
Rep
Drives: Acura RDX

Given that they will be ramping up production of the G20 in Mexico, it is possible that the first year may be built in Germany, but subsequent years may be Mexico builds, and that is likely to have its own set of kinks that need to be worked out.

Of course, that is all speculation on my part, so take it for what it's worth, like $0.00.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2018, 11:57 AM   #178
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Now I don't see that point of this car, it has gone the luxury focused route. It is lacking personality.

It is better to just get a 5 series with all the deals going on. Better tech, ride, quality, and safety features.
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 2
amdmaxx118.00
JustChris17423.00
      06-22-2018, 07:53 PM   #179
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
Now I don't see that point of this car, it has gone the luxury focused route. It is lacking personality.

It is better to just get a 5 series with all the deals going on. Better tech, ride, quality, and safety features.
Why would a 3 series be of any less quality than a 5 series? I've driven the F10 and F30 and they've always seemed to be bolted together just as well as each other. Its not like they are fundamentally different cars other than a few things the 5 series line usually is allowed to have that are more luxurious (like nappa leather or auto soft close doors or pretty trivial options like that) and larger size. The tech is barely going to be different as well. Maybe if you are very tall or very fat, does the extra size really equate to a ton more luxury.

And as for deals... i'm sure there will be quite a few deals on the 3 shortly after it comes out, its not an M2 or some limited production model.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 10:23 PM   #180
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
Quote:

Why would a 3 series be of any less quality than a 5 series? I've driven the F10 and F30 and they've always seemed to be bolted together just as well as each other. Its not like they are fundamentally different cars other than a few things the 5 series line usually is allowed to have that are more luxurious (like nappa leather or auto soft close doors or pretty trivial options like that) and larger size. The tech is barely going to be different as well. Maybe if you are very tall or very fat, does the extra size really equate to a ton more luxury.

And as for deals... i'm sure there will be quite a few deals on the 3 shortly after it comes out, its not an M2 or some limited production model.
The 5 is a step above in luxury and 3 is step below in sports... what is the point of a 3 then?

It's become a mass market car which generates cash flow for BMW R&D to build cars like M2, M3, M4, M5, M8 and the likes.....
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 1
JustChris17423.00
      06-24-2018, 04:46 PM   #181
Sabo
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F21 M140i

Quote:
Quote:

A friend of mine(works for Bmw)just got back from Germany he's seen the the new 3series, Z4, X7 and the 8series coupe and he sad the interior of the 3er is fantastic in terms of design and quality of the materials.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 05:06 PM   #182
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo View Post
Quote:
Quote:

A friend of mine(works for Bmw)just got back from Germany he's seen the the new 3series, Z4, X7 and the 8series coupe and he sad the interior of the 3er is fantastic in terms of design and quality of the materials.
But does it drive like a Toyota Camry?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 10:37 AM   #183
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopal View Post
I hate the look with the headlights touching the grill. I'm still holding out hope that this won't be the case, I much prefer the look of the new X3 grill, which does not extend to the headlights
I guess we all have differing opinions but to me the new X3 front end looks frumpy, precisely because of the truncated headlamps which don't flow into the grille! I've always found the current grille into headlight combination to be a really cohesive design feature!
Appreciate 1
sahajesh2290.00
      06-25-2018, 10:42 AM   #184
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

The five is waaaaaaaaaaay too long, an absolute barge of a car. We don't all want or need huge cars and once the 1 series goes FWD the 3 will be the most compact RWD on offer!! The quality should be just as good as the 5 and due to the competition (C Class, A4 etc) the interior quality will be a step up also! Plus it'll be more agile than a 5, being both smaller AND lighter!!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 10:47 AM   #185
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddo45 View Post
Yeah way too Lexus GS350ish. I hope it looks nothing like this.

And BTW someone come up with a mod to cover that nasty sensor on the bottom of the front bumper. Surely they could have done a better job hiding that. Looks like a straight after thought design decision...
People... this is just a render and probably slightly innacurate in terms of the fine details! Wait for reveal before slating the design!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 11:45 PM   #186
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep

A 5 will always be a step above in quality....
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0