Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Bmw G20 mirror not folding, blind spot not working

04-28-2024, 07:20 AM   #1
marianionut40
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw g20

Exclamation Bmw G20 mirror not folding, blind spot not working

Hi!

i read so many threads about the problem with g20 mirrors that stop folding and blindspot stop working and didn't find any answer about what cause that and how can we solve that. all the answer was like i change it on warranty.

It is possible to repair it by own ? have anyone tried that?
on ista i have the next fault codes D90D0D -no lin slave
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 09:26 PM   #2
zachBMW
Zach
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive

Garage List
alright, so i had the same issue with my G20 around 5 months ago.

you can try to replace it on your own but i reccomend going to BMW under warranty because in my case they had to replace the whole mirror. i’ve looked up DIY’s and it’s probably possible but it seems too risky to try to replace on your own imo.

Reason mine stopped folding in/out + blind spot stopped working was because a motor inside had some sort of corrosion. it was throwing codes too. yours could be different but it seems on the G20’s there’s a repeating problem of where one mirror would fold out and the other wouldn’t and Active Blind Spot Warning wouldn’t work on the faulty mirror. you might need to code something on if you were to DIY it but IDK.

I would prob book it into your nearest service center. only took a few days to solve and pretty sure it costed $700 under warranty.
Appreciate 0