Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum M340i Factory Order Questions - First Time Ordering

03-28-2023, 09:12 PM   #1
organizedchaoscs
Registered
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla

Question M340i Factory Order Questions - First Time Ordering

Hi all - I'm new here,

I've been an M340i hopeful for over a year now - been waiting for the market to hopefully improve. I just have a question about factory ordering.

I feel like I've seen people on various sites mentioning discounts on factory orders, but I've talked to a few dealers now in the Tennessee/Georgia area and it doesn't seem like anyone is wanting to move off of MSRP. All so far have said that they have never sold factory orders under MSRP. I wanted to see if this is typical or is it more likely the market is just not favorable in this area yet?

Hoping to not have to pay $72k for this car after taxes, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2023, 10:06 PM   #2
rmedina
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i

You can get 1500.00 off if you're an USAA member
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 08:45 AM   #3
digistil
Private
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i, F30 335i

I custom ordered a 2022 just before things got really bad and paid MSRP (minus around $2k in incentives). Three years before that I almost pulled the trigger on a custom build at the same dealer, and they were more than willing to go below MSRP (though not to invoice price).

Fast forward to a few months ago I was talking to my CA and they mentioned the wait for an M340i custom build is now approximately 12 months. With that lack of supply, I can't imagine they're offering below MSRP, yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 10:06 AM   #4
digistil
Private
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i, F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
A custom ordered M340i is not anywhere close to a twelve month wait.
I'm just relaying what I was told. Maybe my CA was lying or making stuff up, though IDK why that'd be the case.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 01:09 PM   #5
siddsbmw
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
A custom ordered M340i is not anywhere close to a twelve month wait.
Same here. I ordered on 1/21. My car should be off the ship in the states on 4/1.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 06:44 PM   #6
organizedchaoscs
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmedina View Post
You can get 1500.00 off if you're an USAA member
Do you only need to be a USAA member (i.e. immediate family of a veteran) or do you have to actually *be* a veteran or actively in the military? I'm getting mixed signals on this depending on who I ask.

Meant to reply to this sooner but got sidetracked last week with some things at work.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 11:19 PM   #7
rmedina
Second Lieutenant
Rep

You gotta be an actual vet or active duty. It's verified through IDme.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 05:50 AM   #8
Bc2005
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

For my 2021 I did a factory order with BMW of Fairfax, VA and they discounted it 8% off MSRP, and then added the shipping fee and sales tax. On top of that I got the discounts for BMW loyalty and military/USAA. The market is tighter now, so they probably don’t discount as much, but it was a straightforward process without any surprises.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 06:07 AM   #9
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
You gotta be an actual vet or active duty.
This is incorrect. Any member of USAA is eligible for the discount.

“Do I qualify for the BMW Military Incentive?

The BMW Military Incentive is available to active duty, retired, reserve, veteran military personnel, or USAA member and their immediate families in the United States. To confirm your status, use the simple online ID.me verification tool.”

“Can family members qualify for the BMW Military Incentive?

Yes, immediate family members can also take advantage of this offer. In order to be eligible, each family member must verify their status using ID.me.”

https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offer...xoC3qcQAvD_BwE
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

04-03-2023, 10:20 PM   #10
rmedina
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
This is incorrect. Any member of USAA is eligible for the discount.

“Do I qualify for the BMW Military Incentive?

The BMW Military Incentive is available to active duty, retired, reserve, veteran military personnel, or USAA member and their immediate families in the United States. To confirm your status, use the simple online ID.me verification tool.”

“Can family members qualify for the BMW Military Incentive?

Yes, immediate family members can also take advantage of this offer. In order to be eligible, each family member must verify their status using ID.me.”

https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offer...xoC3qcQAvD_BwE
Well all I can say is I'm an USAA member and could not get the code via idme. My old man was able too. Hopefully it will work for OC.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 10:57 PM   #11
organizedchaoscs
Registered
Rep

Seems to work for me from what I could tell. It took me to a page at the end showing the different discounts available to me on all the models.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 11:02 PM   #12
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Well all I can say is I'm an USAA member and could not get the code via idme. My old man was able too. Hopefully it will work for OC.
The only thing I can think of is you didn’t do something correctly, because all USAA members are eligible for the USAA discount regardless of of whether they qualified for membership from their own service or as a dependent of a service member.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

04-04-2023, 01:56 AM   #13
Geo_FF
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340xi Portimao Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by organizedchaoscs View Post
Seems to work for me from what I could tell. It took me to a page at the end showing the different discounts available to me on all the models.
I can confirm the military discount applies to family as well. If you logged into bmw+id.me and saw the list of models, then you just need to click on the 3 series for instance to "contact dealer." You don't have to send anything, but scroll down and you will see your customer ID and offer code which the dealer will need to process the rebate.

Regarding the discounts and if nothing is available in your area, you may want to look into a broker. It was my first time using one and it was no hassle, no negotiating needed, with a 6% discount (and 1500 usaa/military). The broker searched his network for an available allocation which ended up in the Midwest. I'm in FL so I opted for the free PCD delivery in SC.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 08:17 AM   #14
Panscan340
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340

Dealers will say whatever it takes to get you to sign with them. Look on lease hacker. Should not buy this car for msrp.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 05:18 PM   #15
///Medge
Private
Rep
Drives: Tbd

12 months makes little sense. Mine came in a little over three months and I did not pay MSRP.

Only scenario I can think of is that particular dealer is the only dealer around and has a very large allocation backlog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digistil View Post
I custom ordered a 2022 just before things got really bad and paid MSRP (minus around $2k in incentives). Three years before that I almost pulled the trigger on a custom build at the same dealer, and they were more than willing to go below MSRP (though not to invoice price).

Fast forward to a few months ago I was talking to my CA and they mentioned the wait for an M340i custom build is now approximately 12 months. With that lack of supply, I can't imagine they're offering below MSRP, yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2023, 07:29 PM   #16
jayh748
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M340i xDrive

I custom ordered a 2023 M340i xDrive in very late January with the one upcoming allocation the nearest dealer had (and they're a big BMW dealer). Got $1000 off. I'll admit, I'm more of a "make it easy" guy than I am a hard-driving bargain guy.

Entire process was super easy. And given just a few months earlier I was being quoted 8-10% "market adjustments" on Porsche and Audi and even Acura, I was fine with a little under sticker.

Point being, I didn't push hard at all and got a small discount and spec'd the car exactly as I wanted. Not too bad, considering at the time there we 4-5 M340i's listed in the entire area, none how I wanted.

While I don't have the car yet, I should get it by end of April or very early May. Been some shipping delays. But nowhere near a 12 month wait.

Good luck and enjoy.
Appreciate 0