4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Knocking noise

06-19-2022, 12:22 PM   #45
beerglass007
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Does the noise or rumble feel like a game controller vibration on the steering wheel

Some times when turning right going around roundabouts about 15 mph I get a weird rumble and knock. Feels like something isn’t right and the plastics around the steering wheel rattle like mad
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 12:41 PM   #46
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerglass007 View Post
Does the noise or rumble feel like a game controller vibration on the steering wheel

Some times when turning right going around roundabouts about 15 mph I get a weird rumble and knock. Feels like something isn’t right and the plastics around the steering wheel rattle like mad
I saw your video on the other thread and was going to ask if it vibrates - is it just the lane change warning?

Might sound dumb but I turned mine off because it kept doing stupid things, like trying to stop me pulling in after overtaking if I wasn't indicating. Bit terrifying tbh when I did a slightly rash overtake and had a large truck heading towards me.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 02:43 PM   #47
beerglass007
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsRedBaby View Post
I saw your video on the other thread and was going to ask if it vibrates - is it just the lane change warning?

Might sound dumb but I turned mine off because it kept doing stupid things, like trying to stop me pulling in after overtaking if I wasn't indicating. Bit terrifying tbh when I did a slightly rash overtake and had a large truck heading towards me.
No not the lane change warning turned off and if I drive over a bad surface road I can feel it
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 01:46 PM   #48
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerglass007 View Post
No not the lane change warning turned off and if I drive over a bad surface road I can feel it
No idea then - another one for the dealer to work out. Hope you get it sorted, I know how bloody annoying it is when you pay good money for a supposedly premium brand and then have nothing but problems.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2023, 06:47 PM   #49
BimmerLoyal
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW GSA 1250 , BMW m340i (soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
Glad i stumbled onto this thread as getting the steering column issue and the rear passenger seat belt hold rattle!
Can u provide a picture of what the rear passenger seatbelt hold is ? I wanna check it on my car but don’t know exactly what part ur referring to
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2023, 04:52 PM   #50
Youney
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series G20 LCI

Wondering if anyone managed to track this Knocking noise, mine is making this noise when accelerating only in lower speeds, and when the engine is warm so either hot day or after long trip.

this is how mine sounds: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/oCQV3kKaDWg

Have anyone experienced something similar?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 02:22 PM   #51
bodyman440
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i Coupe

Have the same problem with my wife's G20 330i Reg Sept 2019. Always N/S/F at slow speed and generally after a long run. They have looked at it at least 3 times now and never had a proper result. The first time they thought it was the rear seat belt fgs.
Appreciate 0